What’s up in London? Murder rate surpassed NY

maporsche

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 06:26 am
There hasn’t been a school shooting that Americans feel the need to distract people from so this thread has died down a bit. It will probably get more action a couple hours after the next shooting, which is about due any week now.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 09:57 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
There hasn’t been a school shooting that Americans feel the need to distract people from so this thread has died down a bit

Considering the thread is about London and NY how did you manage to link it to school shootings?
maporsche

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:08 am
@coldjoint,
Maybe because the intent of the thread was to talk about anything else besides the Frederic Douglass shooting that happened just a couple weeks before this thread began.

You remember that one right? Protests and such lasted for months.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:27 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
Maybe because the intent of the thread

You are not the OP of this thread how could you possibly claim to know its intent?
maporsche

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Maybe because the intent of the thread

You are not the OP of this thread how could you possibly claim to know its intent?

This complaint is quite funny coming from some who OFTEN comments on the intent of many of this board, the president, and public officials.

I’ll make sure to use that as a rebuttal the few times I debase myself enough to respond to you.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 01:12 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
This complaint is quite funny coming from some who OFTEN comments on the intent of many of this board

And you, what did you just do? You can't help being a hypocrite, I understand that, do you?
maporsche

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 01:27 pm
@coldjoint,
You don’t make any sense.

I’m not the one complaining about infering the intent of a poster or person. YOU are.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 01:32 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I’m not the one complaining about infering the intent

You have a comprehension problem, I complained when you said you knew the intent of the thread. You do not have to make excuses just admit you have no idea of intent but what the article says, like anyone else.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2018 07:37 am
@maporsche,
London in the 14th Century was a dangerous place to be. The murder rate in early 14th century London was about 15-20 times higher than an English town with an equal sized population today. A new interactive map shows that market areas in London were particularly dangerous.

https://i.imgur.com/OQchU53.jpg

London Medieval Murder Map

One thing the map doesn't show is that men were also the most likely perpetrators of these crimes. 92% of the homicides shown on the map were carried out by men.
Another thing not shown by the map is when homicides most often occurred in medieval London. 31% of the murders shown on the map happened on a Sunday. The one day of the week when most people didn't have to work. 77% of the murders occurred in the evenings between the times of 17:00 h and 22:00 h.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2018 12:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
London in the 14th Century

London needs to worry about the 14 centuries of Islam. Another history lesson is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 01:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
England and Wales record 37 deaths so far in 2018 as charity stresses deprivation underlies violence

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/2E7Lysul.jpg

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/hIvixJll.jpg

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/KPNYWGQl.jpg

Pics via Surge in young knife deaths amid police cuts and 'a climate of fear
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 02:22 am
@maporsche,
This story was reported in Europe and the US because it was news.

It wasn’t cooked up in a Republican NRA laboratory. I know you and people like you prefer to suppress news that doesn’t support your political narrative, but at least for now—some of it still gets reported. Don’t worry, though. Censorship is making impressive gains.

Jackass.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 06:11 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I know you and people like you prefer to suppress news that doesn’t support your political narrative, but at least for now—some of it still gets reported.
It has been reported before (whatever date you set).
It is reported now as well.

Why "at least for now"? Do you have any information that the UK police forces and/or the Office for National Statistics will stop publishing these data?

Another question, Lash, since you started this thread: what is your opinion now?
(In February, the New York Police Department dealt with 11 homicides [suspected cases of murder, manslaughter and infanticide] while London's Metropolitan Police opened investigations into 15 deaths. But the overall tally for the year to April showed there were more homicides in New York than in London, and that as a proportion of the population they were far higher across the pond. And it's even down more by now [October data].)
Why is the London murder rate (I include investigations by the City of London Police to that of the the Met since both police forces investigate murder cases) now again lower than that in NYC?
Lash

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 06:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Use your inference skills.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 06:52 am
It is a heavily covered, interesting trend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/5251268/london-stabbings-2018-clapham-shepherds-bush-crouch-hill-latest/amp/

Figures from London’s Metropolitan police showed that knife crime has surged by 16 per cent in the capital — as Britain’s crime epidemic continues.

Excluding those killed in terror attacks like London Bridge, Westminster and Manchester, there was still a 12 per cent rise in murders — the highest numbers in a decade.

The total number of offences involving a knife or bladed instrument that have been recorded by cops in the year to March 2018 rose to 40,147, a seven-year-high.

There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 07:17 am
The premise of this pathetic thread is that the murder rate is higher in London than in New York. Walter demonstrates that that is not true--but I guess that does not fit Lash's political narrative, so now she's babbling about knife crime.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 08:13 am
@Lash,
I've posted a a couple of sources/data about knife crime in the recent months here on this thread.
Actually, knife crime is rising elsewhere, too, a lot of reports online.

Sems, you don't have an idea why the murder rate in London was only above NYC's for just a month but focus now on other crimes in London (England and Wales) - what do you think about moped crimes? And that the Met police is now driving cars into thieves on mopeds in crime crackdown?
Lash

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 08:19 am
@Setanta,
The premise of this thread is that the murder rate in London jumped. It was reported because the phenomenon was interesting, and people who watch statistics are always interested when they change.

Hence, the global coverage.

People who whine about this thread either don’t think this story should be reported, or that I should be censured - as they are doing - for mentioning it. You gotta try to be the boss of somebody, huh? LOL!

Keep looking.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 08:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Besides those terrible moped crimes (and how the Met reacts to them). thieves are blowing up cash machines in potentially deadly explosions that have been sweeping across the UK.

Something, which has been widely reported as well ... especially during the last couple of years: done bearly once per day in Germany. (In our state, mainly by Dutch persons)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 08:41 am
I like the aggressive approach.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/moped-police-video-ramming-criminals-fear-met-london-cressida-dick-armed-officers-violence-a8661711.html%3famp

Go, bobbies!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:55:00