Possibly cleaning up a2k's top command bar?

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 12:10 pm
It's been awhile since a2k has ... prohibited third party individuals from tagging other threads. Fine. Makes sense as it has completely stopped some graffiti tags (though it still hasn't figured how to push other really offensive self tags).

I can accept those restrictions. But since they are in place? The My Tags link at the near top of the forum's command bar (to coin a needed descriptive term for it) is now pretty much unnecessary as it's no longer as relevant or useful than the My Post.
https://i.imgur.com/hsQ6B2z.jpg

If we could be allowed to scale down or clean up the a2k interface? That might make the forum ... more user friendly. Would like the ability to change font and gui colors but I realize that might be asking a tad too much.

Does anyone use the Popular link? The My Friends link is also... a tad too random and shows all out of context posts. I believe the My Friends section where people followed up other people? That never really turned out as a success as the developer intended. That said? What were their intentions for the feature in the first place?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 729 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 01:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
excellent point. The authors can still use their thread to write all kinds of crude and rude statements about those he or she is trying to ridicule.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 01:50 pm
So it's just about cleaning the A2K bar and not the cleaning up of A2K's top command?

(Seems, there no topic without referring to illegals and guns these days)

Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 02:00 pm
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 10:21 am
I use the popular link often. It's sometimes the only way I see posts that are political but weren't tagged by the author that way (it's also how I found this post).

Other than that the only thing I use is "My Posts", from there I'll often click the 'politics' forum on some post I've posted on.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 10:42 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
but weren't tagged by the author
yeah, i wish people would at least add the most pertinent tag to their topics...
0 Replies