Robin Williams’ co-star never took offense at his groping

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 04:17 pm
Robin Williams’ “Mork & Mindy” co-star, Pam Dawber, claims she was repeatedly sexually harassed by the late comedian, but she didn’t mind.

“I had the grossest things done to me by him,” Pam Dawber told New York Times writer David Itzkoff (via The Daily Mail). “And I never took offense. I mean I was flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed. I think he probably did it to a lot of people … but it was so much fun.”

The actress reportedly spoke to Itzkoff for his upcoming biography of the comedian, “Robin,” which is due out in May.

Dawber, 66, said Williams was able to get away with behavior — which also included walking on set naked and breaking wind on her — that some might consider reprehensible because he was being playful.

“If you put it on paper, you would be appalled,” the actress said. “But somehow he had this guileless little thing that he would do — those sparkly eyes. He’d look at you, really playful, like a puppy, all of a sudden. And then he’d grab your tits and then run away. And somehow he could get away with it. It was the ’70s, after all.”

The actress wasn’t the only person who saw Williams’ actions this way, either. Howard Storm, who directed over half the show’s 1978-1982 run, told Itzkoff it was just “Robin being Robin” and that the groping often occurred because the comedian was “bored.”

Williams committed suicide in 2014 after a decades-long battle with depression. He was 63.

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/21/robin-williams-co-star-never-took-offense-to-his-groping/

nononono

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 04:24 pm
@nononono,
thumbs down voting abuse
0 Replies

Blickerzz

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:56 pm
Quote Pam Dawber:
Quote:
"It was the ’70s, after all."

Indeed it was. Add the fact that most folks under 45 or so were high on something a great deal of the time, and things could get delightfully weird sometimes.
oralloy

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 09:30 pm
@Blickerzz,
Are you Blickers?

If so, did something happen to your other account? You were just posting with it a couple days ago if that is you.
Blickerzz

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 09:44 pm
@oralloy,
Yes, I am Blickers. Thanks for asking.

I couldn't log in for two days, every time I tried I got a message about how I killed a hamster. I dropped them a note and gave my Email asking if I had been suspended or banned, and please tell me why if I was. I received a note back saying that as far as the person answering knows, I had not been, and to try again. I logged out, I went to Internet Options to clear my cache, I turned off the computer completely. Then I returned and tried to log in but still the hamster note.

So I decided to try to see if I could make a new identity to see if I could get in. I made the name as close as possible to my old one so people could know who I am. I haven't gotten round yet to telling them that is what I did, I will in a little while.

I'm sure they will get to the bottom of what happened, I figured I'll just post under this new-but-related moniker until then. Sort of like what ossobuco did with her handle ossobucotemp, which is where i got the idea.
oralloy

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:00 pm
@Blickerzz,
When you are suspended and try to log in, you get a message saying that you are suspended until a certain date/time "because inappropriate".

It's always "because inappropriate" unless it was for posting spam. Then I assume it says "because spam".

You aren't actually logged out when you are suspended (I think, at least), because when the suspension has expired you can resume posting without needing to log back in.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:02 pm
@Blickerzz,
I wonder, did you mess with one of those malformed topics?

http://able2know.org/topic/304399-1#post-6077819
Blickerzz

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:57 pm
@oralloy,
Not that I can remember anyway.

Can't be sure, because sometimes I stay up way too late on this board and I'm often not the sharpest late at night. I'll guess I have to concede that is possible, though I don't remember the specific thread. I do remember going repeatedly to the new topics listing just before going to bed that last night it worked, so I can't rule it out.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:31 pm
@oralloy,
Well, I checked back to see whether I can get in as Blickers, and as you can see I can. I then checked my Email again and Able2Know said they had fixed something, try it again. Of course by that time I already knew it was working again.

So all is normal once more, and thanks for your help. Very Happy
0 Replies