Esscence, a poem

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 04:31 pm
There once was this girl I knew, I could see and feel everything that she had been through.
She was about to let herself go thus to give up allowing her maternal instincts to vanish, become false and untrue.
I held her ever so close and told her with a gentle slight quieting shhh, to let me in and enter her internal house.
I put my finger to her lips telling her not to slip.
As now I directed her ears south with my finger still on her mouth, where I told her to focus on the sweet whispers of breath coming from her baby and not to call me crazy.
looking even deeper into her eyes I talked, and told her to let all the pain ship itself away.
Along with all her personal Exile or stife, to truly notice her gift of life, thus continuing onto tell her among her she had the worlds greatest gift, with the small voices of her child to alow her soul to uplift.
Fact was in the corner was a part of her something so beautifully sacred and pure, explaining that no matter what she ever must endure this I was for sure.
I told her to always hold thes things dear, for she may not always be there ripe like a fresh pear for she will constantly need a loving stare.
Without you being strong you never know what her future holds or what she molds.
I once was taught to never let anything's intrinsic worth or beauty escape you, and to this day I still hold it true.
See I love children not only to simply watch them run and have fun, but because I worry about their life as they get older, if they can be strong enough to become one of life's true soldier's.

This poem is dedicated to a now very strong woman that has a beautiful daughter , that will never let me forget what I shared with her that night.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,585 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 06:30 pm
A personal question that can be ignored if untoward: Was she a friend? Lover?
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 10:29 pm
To Craven in response to your statement.
I get your point but you need to understand one thing for I love everyone, that is those that do not do physical harm towards others excluded. The point of that piece was to point out not so much a caring factor/relationship towards the mother but towards the child. She was a loved friend lets put it that way. Everyday I see children enter this world with their parents hopefully wishing the best for them. Though I always find myself observing the child itself as it manifests through it's first stages of devolpment, and the interactions that the family partake in within the realms of teaching it or guiding it through growth. Due to the fact that it is stated that a child does it's most important learning during the ages of birth and 5 to 6 YRS of age. I simply used one instance in my life as a metaphor towards society, and how they need to be more aware of the gift they posess of having a child, compared to their own existence,or self-centered behavior deficits passed down from their own family or generation.
Quote:
We do not own our world we simply borrow it from our children- Confucius
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 10:44 pm
I share much of your sentiment in regard to children. The one thing that never fails to depress me is to see shoddy parenting. The opposite is beautiful of course, and makes for poignant imagery.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 03:23 pm
I appreciate your sentiments in the poem.
0 Replies