N Korea and the Donald

maporsche

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 06:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
I've heard that the term "war games" plays into NK's hands too. War games is the term they use in their propaganda. Trump calling it war games instead of military exercises (as they've been called by all of the US Presidents for over 50 years) is a win for Kim as well.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 06:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I just saw a story claiming Kim brought his own toilet, because he did not want anybody getting his stool to analyze it.

I know it sounds nuts, but it was a smart way for Kim to avoid having any information about his health falling into others hands. The thing that strikes me funny is that one of the bullshit stories floated about Kim, his father and grandfather is that none of them have bowel movements because they are all divine or living Gods (kind of like the Roman Emperors).
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 06:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes, I read more about it. Here is some more info:

North Korea dictator Kim Jong Un arrived in Singapore for his summit with President Trump with security on his mind — dispatching decoy planes from Pyongyang to thwart anyone who might try to attack him and packing his own food for his visit to try to prevent poisoning.

The North Korean leader is also apparently taking defensive measures to prevent intelligence agencies from trying to glean information about his health: He’s packed his own toilet.

The regime dispatched a commode to “deny determined sewer divers insights into to the supreme leader's stools,” The Chosunilbo, one of South Korea’s biggest circulated newspapers, reports.

It’s not unusual for the hermetic kingdom’s leader to travel with his own toilet in his infrequent travels.

For his April meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in in the border village of Panmunjom — the first meeting between North and South Korean leaders in more than a decade — the North Koreans also dispatched a portable toilet for Kim.

He brought his own pens and pencils to the Panmunjom meeting and his staff wiped off anything he touched so as not leave even a fingerprint, according to the New Yorker magazine.
UDA Today
roger

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 07:08 pm
@maporsche,
Yeah. I also remember when the War Department suddenly became the Department of Defense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:44 am
@glitterbag,
I've heard reporters talk of visiting NK and other oppressive regimes. The main difference is that although both official guides will trot out the state propaganda only the NK ones actually believe it.

Although not having had a bowel movement would explain Kim's facial expression.

http://theotherpress.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Opinons_north-korea.jpg
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 04:58 am
@edgarblythe,
does he have a crew of "come alongs" that follow him to vacuum up any hair strands to prevent any DNA testing?
rosborne979

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 06:02 am
Talking delays shooting. And it sells newspapers (or in modern parlance, "clicks").
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 06:37 am
@farmerman,
I only know what I posted.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 08:38 am
I just saw this and have not fact checked
BREAKING: President Trump on North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un: "He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same."
Lash

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 08:51 am
Dear Donald,

All you have to do is boil a few of them in oil for sneezing or blinking when you talk, and you’ll be pleased with their level of attention from that point.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 09:32 am
@edgarblythe,
I feel like roughly 35% of the population are already there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 06:39 pm
Andy Borowitz
·
Hey Donald J. Trump you said you wished your people loved you the way Kim Jong Un’s people love him. Don’t worry - we already do.
0 Replies