Trademark or Patent - Identifying Owner

gollum

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:37 pm
I was filling out a company request form on an Internet site. At the bottom of the form is a © symbol followed by "2004," a name of a corporation (I think the owner of the site) followed by the words "all rights reserved."

The company does not list its postal address or other identifying information on its Internet site.

My question is: How can I find the postal address of the company?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 567 • Replies: 4
No top replies

husker

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:45 pm
goto a domain regitary like www.netsol.com or godaddy and do a whois on the domain name.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:41 pm
Thank you husker.

That seems to work with some web sites and not others. Perhaps, I need to to go to the site of the registrar or sub-registrar that signed up the web site that I am interested in.

Assuming the above paragraph is correct, how can I tell from a given web site address, who is its registrar?

Also, I am not sure if all registrars have a "who is" function.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:26 pm
sometimes you need to try godaddy, enom, or a different register - pm me the domain and i'll take a peek
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 05:28 pm
husker-
I wish to accept your generous offer. I attempted to pm it to you but was blocked as I understand it by the Moderators. PM privileges are granted only to certain members using an algorithm with several components.

So, if you would send your e-mail address to me at [email protected] I will send you an e-mail response.

I am sorry this is so involved.

Many thanks.
0 Replies