Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 07:23 pm
Ok, might sound silly but I've just started getting into cooking and I'm having chicken issues. Every time I go to fry chicken someware along the line the chicken loses it's coating that I put on there. What am I doing wrong. I coat the chicken in egg then the dry ingredients then I put it in hot oil. What can I do to make the chicken stop stripping half way through?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,726 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 07:38 pm
When you do it the way you've listed the egg cooks quickly in the hot oil and then falls off (taking the dry ingredients with it!) before the chicken itself finishes cooking.

Try making a batter with your dry ingredients and dipping the chicken pieces in the batter. Then drop it into the hot oil.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 07:41 pm
my grandma just took the chicken (thawed, with wet outsides) and dipped it in flour or bread crumbs. (No egg.) It seemed to stick that way.

I used a recipe once that had me dip the chicken in four, then egg-millk mix, then bread crumbs.
0 Replies