Do you think your slightly psychic?

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 10:48 am
sp? deja vu
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:09 am
Not one of you is the slightest bit psychic. No-one is, anywhere. If you can prove me wrong you may as well pop in to James Randi's website and collect your one million dollars while you're at it.
0 Replies

Distracto

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:04 am
It still embarresses me Eorl....especially when i am telling my experiences outloud. But i am not making up what i said, nor exagerating it, in fact i only told very little. I believe that these gifts can come from God. I am honestly so confused by it, that sometimes i breakdown and cry for 10 minutes. It is very strange to me. I think that if someone uses their gift to get rich, then they would be using it for evil.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:27 am
Hi Distracto. I don't think Eorl would accept any evidence you offered. Studies such as The Reach of the Mind By J. B. Rhine done at Duke University would still not be accepted. The reason for this is they are theories not fact. I know of my limited psychic abilities. I also realize in my case it's erratic. You either believe or not believe. That's fine with me.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:29 am
Ok, you can give the money straight to the church...my point is no-one has ever had any psychic powers...these guys (look up the James Randi Foundation) will test you under controlled conditions and give you a million bucks if you are what you think you are. If you ain't.....hooray, confusion over and no more tears.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:37 am
Hell Eorl and welcome to a2k. I'm sure that tests would reveal no psychic ability in me. I'm also sure I have psychic ability. That sounds like a contradiction. Let me just say I'm not a psychic but I am psychic.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:51 am
Hey bobsmythhawke, you have a point but perhaps misunderstand my motivation. I would LOVE to be shown that real psychic powers, miracles, metaphysics of any kind . It would be all my nerdy comic book dreams come true. Unfortunately, the mere fact that the James Randi foundation haven't had anyone pass even the preliminary testing is pretty good evidence in itself that there ain't nothin "out there" Only good pure science can tell truth from fiction...and even then you have to remain skeptical and check your data carefully, especially when making outrageous claims. Wanting something to be true just doesn't work.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:52 am
Oh and thanks for the welcome bobs Smile
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:53 am
Slightly?!

Hmmph...
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:05 am
Hi Eorl:

Hope you enjoy your stay here. I understand your skepticism and am not offended by justified analytical queries. On the other hand has it occurred to you that since they don't know what it is, they don't know how to test for it? Hope this doesn't put you in a twist.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:18 am
Eorl fears no twist !! Smile

That depends on what it is....reading thoughts, pictures, ideas, even emotions from somebody else would be testable easily enough. J B Rhine's 5 cards should work for some-one surely ?

..and I hope I don't cause too much offence around here and I assure you I would dearly love to be proven wrong!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:32 am
I suspect there's a sense of humor hidden inside that human shell. But I could be proved wrong.
0 Replies

Distracto

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:36 am
Eorl, One day a stranger at a party asked me if i was an empath.

I had never even heard of such a thing, so i went home later and looked it up.
This was well after i was confused about how i was able to absorb mental pain from others.
I found that being empathic was also the reason for my social anxiety disorder!
I read people too well, and it has made me nervous, confused, and left feeling different my whole life.
Ive prayed to God to help me understand my problems with people.... for 10 years!
I am sure that this is his way of answering my prayers. Understanding this big part of my identity, has changed me in so many ways!!!!

Very Happy

From what i understand, the person on this path..... at its highest extent.... is able to push and pull energies so well, that healing can be possible. I am only reciting what ive read, ...because it is certainly beyond my comprehension.
I only entertain the idea of healing being possible, because.... nothing has otherwise proved to me..... that God has not allowed any human access to this dimension.

I was freaked out enough when i first purposely controlled the attempt to see the same memory as my friend.
I only wish i could express how the world as i knew it had changed for me that day.
I rarely get the chance to use this, because both i and a friend have to really be trying to communicate together.

I am not a grand story teller, or a schizo....i am just someone who has been given a big smack for no good reason.
Anyways, I have way too much to say about it, so if you truly want to know that its real, then all you have to do.... is let me get to know you a little bit
0 Replies

Distracto

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:43 am
Eorl wrote:
Eorl fears no twist !! Smile

That depends on what it is....reading thoughts, pictures, ideas, even emotions from somebody else would be testable easily enough. J B Rhine's 5 cards should work for some-one surely ?

..and I hope I don't cause too much offence around here and I assure you I would dearly love to be proven wrong!

I had been away from the computer for a while, and i had my half finished post sitting on the screen the whole time. I see that we both had the same idea. If you really want to be proven wrong, then we would have to talk with each other one on one.
Cant send IMs here Confused
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:04 am
bobs, a sense of humour would be a sixth sense so obviously I'm already against the idea on principal. Wink
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:06 am
thanks but no thanks Distracto, I'm perfectly happy to debate out here in the open though.
0 Replies

Distracto

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:13 am
ok, but dont be scared :wink:

There is too many other people around, so i wouldnt be able to tell you about your secret inner feelings even if you wanted me to LOL

But please, do tell me what has happened to your whole curiosity about the subject. Do you feel done with it now, bored or in some way not as interested anymore?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:51 am
LOL Distracto

No, I'm not asking to be convinced personally by everybody who thinks they have special powers. I'm saying go see James Randi and become the first person in history to prove it. Nothing short of that will convince me. Something like 10% of all people believe they have some psychic abilities...and not one of them is up to for a million dollars?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 07:30 am
Do you honestly think if someone were truely psychic that they would go to James Randi and have him expose them to everyone... who would want all that attention.... no If someone is truely psychic, they probably want to enjoy their gift in piece, not be exploited! Screw the money, I'd rather have the gift and privacy! It seems that James Randi just wants to have a good laugh and he just wants attention... And if he is not psychic then why should he make the testing, if you have never experienced something, how can you test it, do you truely know what you are looking for?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:05 am
Right now...you are reading something...you are sitting in front of some sort of screen...you are holding a small rodent...
0 Replies