Do you think your slightly psychic?

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:38 am
This is a feeble example but a bit different to the usual, thinking of someone you havnt thought of for ages then they phone up.

I was watching an ad for Oceans 12, my mind led to promotional interviews and how the film has to live up to peoples demands and I had the phrase 'great expectations' solid in my head.
The next ad came on and it was advertising a new programme about Charles Dickens.They said his name then a couple of seconds later they actually said 'great expectations'.
Id not seen either ad before.

How spooky is that!!

Any similar experiences youd like to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,499 • Replies: 59
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:46 am
I'll call my mom and she'll say, "hey I was jsut thinking about calling you!" This happens all the time. A couple times we've actually picked up the phone to call each other and the phone will ring and it will be the other person.

We always say we're being "psychotic" again instead of psychic since it fits us better.

Laughing
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:50 am
When I was little my sister and I would start laughing together for no reason. One time I was at my grandmother's house sleeping over. I started laughing for no reason. So I called home and sure enough my sister had been laughing as well. Make of it what you will.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:54 am
It wouldnt surprise me if we are all slightly psychic.I dont get spooked anymore if something like a phonecall happens but Oceans 12/great expectations arnt things that are connected and I wouldnt have them in my head.

Keep the stories coming.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:28 am
Keep them coming, Im also recieving stories that are just thought of...... not posted.So be careful of what your thinking.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:38 am
My wife is. I'm not. But I also have a much keener sense of the physical environment around me than she does, hear better, better sense of smell, etc.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:15 am
cjhsa-what has your wife experienced?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 08:46 am
My daughter seems to be -- but maybe all little kids are. She'll often say something like "Mom, so-n-so is here". I'll look out the window and nobody is there, but maybe 10 minutes later so-n-so shows up unexpectedly. She also seems to have a line in on my brother-in-law. She'll say, "Uncle Joe fixed the light" or "Uncle Joe made a mess" out of the blue. Then I'll talk to my sister and she'll tell me that he did fix the light or he did make a mess.

Yesterday morning, I turned on the tv so she could watch tiny planets. When I turned it on it was on CNN and they were talking about the plane crash in New Jersey. They said it slid off the runway and I said it must have hit ice. She said, no, there were rocks in the road. I'll know if she's right eventually, and she may actually just be making stuff up, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were rocks in the road.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 09:18 am
Ever since I was little, I can tell when company is coming over (even if we haven't seen them in years)... i.e..ok well I grew up at my grandparents house, and my grandma hates when people come over unannounced.... well I used to sit in a room by myself and watch tv for hours.... and for some reason on certain days I would all of a sudden hear a bunch of car doors slam (we lived in a quiet neighborhood) and that would tell me someone is coming over (of course no one else heard them)... so i would tell my grandma to get ready for company and then the doorbell would ring..... creepy??

Also I guess when I was little, my grandma would take a deck of cards and ask me which one she had in her had, and I was 99% correct, got almost all of them (without looking)....

I have a lot of wierd things happen to me tho! I don't want to get into it, to many things, some scary!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 09:28 am
I was one of nine kids growing up. Seated at the dinner table Mom and I would say the same sentence at the same time. I was the only one who did.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:46 am
material girl wrote:
cjhsa-what has your wife experienced?

Well, for one thing, she has phone karma. She almost always knows who is calling and sometimes for what reason. This doesn't apply to teenage phone barrages but it does to more important things, like unexpected deaths in the extended family. Very odd.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:51 am
i've been 'diagnosed' with 40% psychic ability. my mother has 70%. i have not a slightest clue what it means, it was measured with some electronic device the size of a cell phone that beeps and lights go off on it. anyhow, my mom is a great hypnotist, and the best relaxation guru. she's a family therapist, comes in handy. i suppose i could venture in that direction, haven't really tried anything significant. i am however skilled in auto-hypnosis (sort of a self-hypnosis for the purpose of programming self or just relaxing when in stress.) most people probably have some capability, most never tap into it though.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 12:09 pm
This is a strange story. I've posted this before on another thread. It happened while I was a teenager (many moons ago) on a date with my first girlfriend. We took in the zoo and saw agroup of people gathered around a cage. Apparently the zoo had just acquired a black panther. We managed to squeeze into the front line. Some of you may have seen the seemingly endless pacing back and forth of animals in cages. The panther was doing this back and forth across the cage. As he paced I noticed an open gaping wound on its flank. Changing its pacing it now started going front to back rather than across. As it did so a mental image formed in my mind of a view in the jungle over a game trail as if I was waiting for prey to appear. At this point the panther stopped opposite me, sat down and stared into my eyes. It did this for awhile and then left to go into the interior. I stopped looking at it as it left and found the whole crowd staring at me including my girlfriend. She asked what that was all about and I told her. She believed me as I had seen other visions that she knew of.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 12:16 pm
bob, have you read 'Tracy's Tiger' by William Sarroyan? It is about a panther and a boy, later a man. You should totally pick it up, I think you would love it. I believe you, too. Seems you have an open mind and open heart. When you do, things happen.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 12:17 pm
Material girl, I did an entire thread about this once. Synchronicity, and although many thought it was coincidence, I still believe there is more to it than just that. It appears that women may be more in tune.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 12:20 pm
Thanks, good looking. I have some native american blood in me and know the black panther is a strong totem. I appreciate the recommendation.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:30 am
Excellent stories, keep them coming.

This isnt a psychic thing but sometimes I can be watching a quiz show and the possible answers come up on the screen and one of them looks 'weaker' than the other.If I dont know the right answer I have a look for the weaker one and 9 times out of 10 its the right answer!
0 Replies

Distracto

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 03:11 am
I am able to look so deeply into some people, that i can actually see the same memory that is being described to me, its like im watching tv.

I am able to control it slightly, as long as i can really connect with the person. Its allmost like i can either speed up or slow down my own electrical brain waves to the same level as a friend.

I first noticed that something was strange when i purposely took mental pain from a friend, and kept it for myself, so she wouldnt have to deal with it. She immediately started smiling, and I was happy to carry that pain for her...for a lil while.
I allways take on the same emotions as some of my friends and family, but i did not realize that i was overly empathic until a few years ago.

It really scared me when i first intentionally looked into my friends memory, and described it to her....down to the direction a deer was facing. I still am not sure what to think of it all. I never used to believe these things could be real.
Whatever it is, Thank you Lord for this special gift, but what do i use it for?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:09 am
Hello Distracto:

Welcome to a2k. Hope you enjoy your stay here. It's a scary sort of feeling, isn't it? You're heading into the unknown and you know we're all not perfect. You don't know how deep it can go and you're afraid to push it beyond a surface level. There's a real abyss inside the human head and so little is known as to repercussions of delving so far.
One time I was going home from work on the subway. It was a Thursday the day I attended national guard weekly evening meetings. As I was approaching the stop where my first girlfriend worked I had a strong feeling she needed me. This was ridiculous since she should be long gone. The feeling was so strong I got off the train and walked down to her work. When I reached the place and asked for her the receptionist gave me a funny look. She went inside and then returned asking me to wait. She finally came out and told me she had just been fired from her first job. She was really distraught and did need me.
I regard it as a quirk for me. I can't turn it on or off. It's just there and happens sometimes.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:25 am
I guess like Cjhsa described, I have phone karma. I can tell you who it is...before I pick up. (without the caller ID) Or I can be thinking about someone and it won't be a few minutes and they'll call me.

Is there such a thing as Mail Karma? lol, I usually know whats in the mailbox before I open it too. Maybe thats out of habit, cause we usually know what to expect on what days.

What about de-javoo... (Spelling?) There have been many times I have done somthing for it to hit me that I have either done this before in a dream, or know exactly whats going to happen next. Or like Bob said...a whole scene is laid out for you to scan in your mind.....like a replay. I've had that happen before......strange.
0 Replies