timberlandko

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 11:29 am
gungasnake wrote:
It is possible to kill bears with a large automatic but you'd be better off with the 44mag revolver ...

A hotload .357 throwin' Talons works fine too - trust me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 12:00 pm
I personally wouldn't want to go back to nature, but that's just me.
I was never made to eat anything I didn't like and neither was my son, but we both love veggies.

Green veggies are good for us and it wouldn't be healthy for us to only eat shellfish and berries.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
Montana wrote:

Green veggies are good for us

I don't recommend it. Rabbits eat green vegetbles, and it gives them long, fuzzy ears.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 01:54 pm
Quote:
I don't recommend it. Rabbits eat green vegetbles, and it gives them long, fuzzy ears.

The better to hear you with, m'dear.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 03:49 pm
LOL! Yeah, what Noddy said and I hear it helps you to hold you dominion :-)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:26 pm
hiking for pleasure isnt the same as a militqry expedition wherein you ARE NECESSARILY packin for effect. My pistol of dream is a Strechkin APS. You can fire them full auto in the mud and they keep working. UNLIKE the formerly mentioned POS Browning 9mm.

Im not at all familiar with the theory that humans are aquatic origined. Sort of like an ambulocoetus? Has she found any fossils showing this in situ? If I were to make an assemblage of preferred hominid stratigraphic origins, Id have to say that we started off living in volcanic ash .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:27 pm
farmerman wrote:
hiking for pleasure isnt the same as a militqry expedition wherein you ARE NECESSARILY packin for effect. My pistol of dream is a Strechkin APS. You can fire them full auto in the mud and they keep working. UNLIKE the formerly mentioned POS Browning 9mm.

Im not at all familiar with the theory that humans are aquatic origined. Sort of like an ambulocoetus? Has she found any fossils showing this in situ? If I were to make an assemblage of preferred hominid stratigraphic origins, Id have to say that we started off living in volcanic ash .

You need to get hold of one or two Morgan's books and read them. Like I say, I have no use whatever for evolutionism and still find her basic thesis of humans originating in water convincing.

Trying to use a Stechkin on a bear in my estimation would very likely get you killed. Simply not enough gun.

I agre with your opinion of a cell phone being noticable weight on a long hike and would recommend that you look into titanium revolvers on

http://www.gunbroker.com

and I noticed several in 357 and 41 mag calibers; it might take more than one shot but either would kill a grizzly. I didn't see one in 44mag.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:00 pm
Another aquatic adaptation is control of breath (useful for diving).

That's why we can talk and chimps can't, even though they can use deaf signing conventions with no difficulty at all. Chimps can vocalize right much but they can no more control their breathing than we can control our heartrates.
0 Replies

wolf dog lover

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 06:34 pm
wolf
Hi,
Farmerman I guess if dogs are attacking your sheep and ewes, maybe if they are your dogs they have watched a wild dog kill, or one of the other dogs of yours attack a sheep and the other dogs have followed because they have tuaght them too, it's like it's the right thing ya know.

Once those dogs have a taste of blood, they will go for more, so the best thing to do would be to chain your dogs up.

That's the only advice I can give you, unless you'd rather put them down, But I don't recomend doin' that. Smile
0 Replies

wolf dog lover

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 06:54 pm
Timberlandko,
I was just wondering how much it would cost to ship wolfdog pup here in australia from you guys,

I am a person who really wants to treat him right, to have him as a bestfriend, to stand by him when he is ill.

I care for my animals, They don't go starving, I have a puppy, he is at a friends house at the moment, he never goes without food, he gets alot of attension from everyone.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:31 pm
Sorry, wolf_dog_lover. but shippin' cost ain't a factor - niether are quarantine laws. None of 'em are for sale - ever. As I said, we're pretty particular about the folks any of the foster pups goes to. Not dissin' you a bit, but without knowin' ya, and your home and grounds and area, and your other critters, for a good while, and seein' how the adoptee-to-be pup gets on with all of that and how all of that gets on with the pup ..... well, just no chance. Sorry; we're in it for the pups, not ourselves.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:52 pm
Awwww!!!! Big hugs to you Timber :-D

I can't even begin to express how much I feel for what you're doing for these animals :-D
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 07:56 am
hence the "happy dog" look ,on Timbers friend.You can tell a happy dog in a picture.
Not that theres even any comparison but wolf-dog-lover a responsible dog owner looks on his charges as "family".
viz.
We have lots of" puppie mills" here in Lancaster County. The dog enforcement people and the State Police just busted an operation called
"puppy Love" where, allegedly, a number of puppies were bred and sold to clients . Many of these dogs wound up having to be put down from severe congenital conditions. (fistulas, twisted bowels and and extermely low immune systems due to starvation of the entire litter)

WhatI dont understand is how an the hell could clients fail to see that the puppies were in ill health . The newspaper did a series on this "Mill" and it turned out that many people were looking for the perfect "ruburb dog" Consequently the mill has only specialized in Goldens and sheepdogs. All this is alleged but , from the pics in the paper, the kennel was in , what Id call, rather dirty condition
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:10 am
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 11:28 am
Vegetables are what food eats.
0 Replies

wolf dog lover

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 04:16 pm
wolf
I am sorry about that, I feel sorry about those dogs.

But I am here to find breeders in australia who have wolfdog's here.
My passion won't run out, but if I have to get one the hard way I will,
But the reason why I am looking for ones over here is because they are cheaper here then america, $350.00 for a pup, then it goes to quarentine, that is alot of money because they hold the wolfdog pup up to 8 months old.

So really I know everyone is against having wolfdogs here in Australia, but I have actually rang up the shire and the quarentine place and all of that jazz, they say that they have no problem.

So I just want to get one from here, Please help, I am beggin' for you guys to give me the info that I need on the breeders here with wolfdogs.

Thankyou
-----------------------------------
"Nothin's better than a wolfdog".
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 06:44 pm
For sake of argument, wolf_dog_lover, just how many acres do you have behind 10' chainlink fence?
0 Replies

wolf dog lover

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:14 pm
wolf
I'm not getting one right this minute, just wanted to know if there are any wolfdog breeders here in australia, We will be moving on to land with 100 acres Very Happy
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:55 am
Wolf_dog_lover: will those 100 acres be in broiling-hot desert anywhere near the area where thousands of cattle on aborigines' lands were abandoned to die of thirst recently?

It's somewhat alarming that the only care you seem to deem necessary for animals is "feeding them"; btw, why is your puppy staying with friends? Equally alarming is the concern about the "purchase price" of dogs; that's a drop in the ocean of responsibility, monetary and otherwise, you're expected to expend on any animals you adopt.

Finally please note that questions from Timber and me will surely also be asked by any reputable breeder of wolf dogs in Australia or elsewhere - and I hope you don't consider buying from disreputable ones.
0 Replies

wolf dog lover

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 07:47 pm
wolf
Hi, I will be near a place that snows, you got a problem with dat.
You all just seem to think that I can't handle animals, that's a problem.

My pup is staying there temporarely. You guys don't need to know nothin' about my pup, just need to know that I am looking after him, my responsibility is to make sure he has food and water and isn't going to get fleas or ringworms or any other worms.

I look after my pup even though he ain't with me, I supply the dog food and the all wormer stuff, so don't sit there and tell me that it is irresponsible.

------------------------------
"Wolfdog's are better".
0 Replies