Haha....I got my car stolen

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:38 pm
Went and started it this morning, went back to the house for a couple minutes, came back and it was gone!! Both me and my bf just stood there and kind of laughed. This was a $200 car, so you can use your imagination on what it was like. There was nothing in the car either, except my gt snow racer....lol....so I guess thats ok. We called the cops, but I am not palnning on seeing the car again. Damn theives!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,301 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
That sucks.....even if it was a piece of rusting metal strung together by chicken wire and duct tape it still got you where you needed to go.

And think of it this way...if they needed a car so bad that they took yours.....man, they needed more than you. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
Still.. 200 bucks or not, that sucks.
But ..hey... you were talking about buying a new car here soon right?
Well, not entirely NEW.. but new to you right?
Hmmmmmm.... are these two incidents related??? hhhmm?????
hah!
sorry that happened, and good luck on the new vehicle. you need it now more then ever!!!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

I saw an article trhe other day about thieves waiting for people to start their cars in the morning and then stealing it. I thought about posting it and then didn't. I could have saved you some trouble. Sorry. Sorry to hear about your car, too.
0 Replies

superjuly

Shocked

Did you have insurance? Very Happy
Just kiddin'.
I'd still be super pissed, though!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:43 pm
Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying they needed it. I live in a bad area of the city, it was only a matter of time. People steal anything around here, just to steal. I don't think I had that car for a month, ohwell, gotta go $200 car shopping again!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
That's why I asked for remote start for my car for my birthday. Starts my car, locks it and if someone breaks in and touches the break, the car turns off. You have to have the key in the ignition before you can take off. Not theif proof but better than nothing.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:45 pm
Whoa, I am slow. Hehe.

Yes, I am looking for a new to me car aswell, just havn't found the right one yet....still buying a beater too, they're good to have around!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:45 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying they needed it. I live in a bad area of the city, it was only a matter of time. People steal anything around here, just to steal. I don't think I had that car for a month, ohwell, gotta go $200 car shopping again!!

wow, that sucks even more...no wonder you buy $200 cars. If they only last a month.....
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:51 pm
I was thinking about starting my car then hiding in the backseat while it warmed up to see if someone would try to steal it. Then as they got in scare the s**t out of them. A remote start would also work but it isn't as much fun.

Bummer about your car.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:52 pm
Kristie wrote:
That's why I asked for remote start for my car for my birthday. Starts my car, locks it and if someone breaks in and touches the break, the car turns off. You have to have the key in the ignition before you can take off. Not theif proof but better than nothing.

now i know how to steal your car. Shocked
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:55 pm
Is it common practice to start a car, then leave the scene for a while? It might be enough for the average person to consider a life of crime...
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
I see people do it everyday in Chicago to warm up their cars, not to mention leave their cars running in the morning to run into 7-11 or Starbucks. Most aren't of the $200 variety either.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:46 pm
Damn, Pessie, if it weren't for bad luck. . . .
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:49 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Is it common practice to start a car, then leave the scene for a while? It might be enough for the average person to consider a life of crime...

This is Canada, would you want to shut your car off in -40 below weather?...haha...I would think not!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:57 pm
they have cars in canada? what happened with the dog sleds? Damn , I gotta get out more!!! As soon as I get a pasport I'm getting out of New Mexico (is canada still part of Vermont?)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:58 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

This is Canada, would you want to shut your car off in -40 below weather?...haha...I would think not!

Point well taken; I wasn't paying attention. That makes the perpetrator even more of a bastard!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
Hehe.....
0 Replies