How to weatherproof a screened-in porch

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 05:07 pm
We have a screened-in porch on the north side of our house. The screen panels are too large to install removable glass (probably too expensive) but the rain in the winter blows all on the porch. I know some of these restaurants that have outside eating porches have some type of roll-up plastic curtains they use to make their porches weatherproof and I thought that might be an option for us. I have looked on the net but cannot find what I am looking for. However, I might not have used the right wording. Does anyone know where I might can see about these curtains or perhaps have a better solution. I will eagerly await a reply and will thank you in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,351 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 07:02 pm
Yardenlady, I know exactly what you mean.

Some of the owners in our condo. have put in a plexiglass covering that they can slide from side to side when they want to use the screens.

I don't know where you would find them but try a Google search using something like:

Porch screen winterizing

just keep plugging in words until you find something.

Good luck.
0 Replies