I HATE REALITY TV!!!!!

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
Reality tv really must be one of the most inane, stupid and ridiculous fads that I have ever seen come to light.
For instance, "The Swan" -- basic premise of the show; take a group of women who are terribly insecure about their looks, give them a whole new face and body, and then tell them they're not good enough.
ARGH! It's enough to make me throw books across the room!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,023 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:18 am
You may not have noticed, but on your remote control there is a button marked POWER. It means what is says.

(I agree with you about The Swan. What a pathetic idea for a show, but I don't really know because I intentionally did not watch a second of any of the programs.)

Joe(Watch Antiques Roadshow. Reality TV and sort of educational)Nation
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:26 am
I agree with Joe. Of course, I do succumb to the Gotti Show and Dog, the Bounty Hunter some time. Then I come to my senses and go to bed, feeling vaguely ashamed. How low can I sink?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:32 am
Have you watched any of the Batchelorette?

Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:33 am
I have never watched one. The whole concept of 'reality tv' is bogus and doesn't merit my time. I was intrigued by the Gotti's and tuned in once. I got through maybe three minutes before turning away.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
No, those shows move too slowly for me. There's all this fake build-up. Oh, who will she choose? And I hate shows with any emotion in them.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:36 am
I like watching grown adults make asses out of themselves
0 Replies

A Nonny Mouse

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:08 pm
Hey, I don't actually watch this crap; my mom and my sister do, so I (unfortunately) get the 2ndhand version of their shows.
0 Replies

bouncychicken92

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:01 am
I agree with crazielady these people can't be serious when they get in ridiculous fights like on the apprentice and tell eachother to **** off. They must be staged.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
Of course they're staged. The whole 'reality tv' concept is bull.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 06:44 am
I have never watched more than the amount I get flipping channels away from it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 10:28 pm
The only "reality shows" that I'll ever watch are documentaries and news!

News - what a novel concept for a reality show! Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

angelhaze20

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 02:19 am
And then there's "American Idol" which is seriously painful to watch...
0 Replies

duce

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 02:54 pm
angelhaze20 wrote:
And then there's "American Idol" which is seriously painful to watch...

A Sister in Arms-ME TOO (I wouldn't buy a 2cent ticket to hear any of em)

Fear Factor had a good idea, but blew it eating bugs for 50K, Next to Jeopardy, one of the cheaper prizes in Showbiz.
0 Replies

kimber

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 12:38 pm
I can't stand reality TV. It doesn't seem to be ending either, new shows keep popping up. The only thing I can do is shut the TV off, it's getting extremely boring.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 12:39 pm
It's really sad.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 08:57 am
What about those spouse/romance seeking ones?

The Bachleor(ette)

People line up to be picked by one person they don't know, take a few fantasy dates on TV and say they fell in LOVE! Oh my Word!!

Then the opposite is played out on "Cheaters". If you suspect your partner of cheating you call these people and they come and track down the "evidence", for you and put in on camera for the world to see. The more graphic the better they like it. They call themselves and expose.

It's like Springer w/sexual graphics.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:33 am
I watched Project Runway on Bravo, the only reality show I've watched completely. Oh! and Manhunt.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
eoe wrote:
Of course they're staged. The whole 'reality tv' concept is bull.

What are you talking about? People hang 300 feet from bungee cords eating buffalo testicles all the time in reality! Laughing
Seriously, though, it is ridiculous. The worst title I've seen (never watch them myself) is "Who Wants to Marry my Dad?", followed closely by "The Will", which is a contest to see who ends up on person X's will.
Reality TV has these themes:
-- Watch adults make idiots of themselves
-- Watch adults be emotionally broken down into tears, ensueing many bleeps
-- Watch adults puke their guts out after having to eat the disgusting-food-of-the-week
-- Make it appear that the contestents are going to die, get lost forever, etc. until they find a 2005 vehicle full of beer and steak or have a taxi appear next to them in the next shot
-- Expose the ignorance of celbreties (The Simple Life)
-- See what happens when you put a bunch of men together to fight for a girl
-- See what happens when you put a bunch of women together to fight for a man

They really have gotten out of hand. I'll admit, however, that I watch Survivor when it first started. That show was the exception to the rule in the beginning. Survivor, I think, fanned this Reality TV rage. The first couple were good. Now they're just as bad as the others.

My brother and my parents all watch them, so I have to hear about it a lot. It must die.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 07:36 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies