Wiring question lighted mirror

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 08:37 am
I have a Vigo bathroom mirror (about 7 years old) that has a fluorescent light in the mirror. At the bottom is an on/off switch. The back of the mirror is wired with red, green & blue wires which end with a plastic plug with 4 pin holes, 2 are attached to the blue wire and 2 pins to the red wire. Is there a way to wire this to the black/white wires coming from the wall that are connected to the light switch?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 816 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 01:08 pm
@Danielle Stoner,
My guess, Dan, is that the green must be a ground so I's spose the rede and blue are power, doubtless rede the hot'n. Prolly blue goes to white Thus we'd also spose if green is gnd it connects to the light's frame

0 Replies

taopathway

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 10:26 pm
@Danielle Stoner,
lol, I had no clue wtf until I looked at the light online. the red and blue wires are ballast wires going to your light prongs. so two red on right and two blue on left vica versa. the electricity goes through the ballast out to say the red wires prongs through the light and to the blue wire prongs and back in the ballast. flourescents usually have ballasts as far as I know and the ballast should have a white and black wire (usually same size as red and blue) somewhere that connects to your wall wires in a box in the wall. The bare, ground copper wire needs to go on the ground screw on the fixture.
the ballast white black ground wires are probably coming out of the back of the mirror/ light
0 Replies