You poor dummy. The oceans are full of fresh water, at depth the oceans squeeze out solutes. Salt water floats on fresh water. Coral rises to a level of warm water where it stops. More cold water will sink. Coral reefs will spread out more into the shallows so stop saying the 'poor poor Great Barrier Reef' when clearly there is little knowledge about it in the USA.
Emeritus Professor Garth Poltredge, CSIRO Chief Scientist on atmospheric research; Professor of Marine Physics Peter Reid, at James Cook University; Professor of Marine Geology at James Cook University, Bob Carter; these are the panel members.
Points decided on:
1. The climate is always changing.
2. Is CO2 capable of changing the climate -yes.
3. CO2 is NOT a pollutant. It is emotionally loading the debate to say it is.
4. The insignificant warming observed is not of a long enough period to determine anything.
5. Sea level falling has killed much of the Great Barrier Reef over the last 5,000 years.
6. The only temp stressed reefs here are in water where it is too cold.
7. If the water rises there will be a explosion of coral back to previous areas.
8. David Suzuki is an idiot.
9. There are vast numbers of scientists who at least question Anthropomorphic Global Warming.
10. Most scientists who disagree with AGW are multi discipline or are retired...ie, they have nothing to lose. Many scientists are pressured for the sake of their careers to stay quiet. There is also considerable money chasing a proof of AGW, whereas there is almost no money going to the adversary.
11. Are humans responsible for an amount of significant change - No.
12. In Australia, a 5% cut in CO2 will cause an almost zero effect - 0.0038 to 0.00005 world wide.
There was a good deal of sneering and witless chortling.
How do you keep a straight face when you say things like that? You are just another uneducated buffoon with an opinion.