Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:17 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
The air will NOT warm the Earth . GWThuggees are in violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics .

Obviously you have never spent time outside if you think this is true.
If I remember the metrology courses at the naval college correctly, the earth warms faster than the sea. But that's perhaps different in Australia. Or whirlybirds change it. Or ...
Ionus

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 09:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
What? The poles are going to melt? Antartica will be ice free at some point in the future?

You claimed that was a scare tactic to say Antarctica would ever melt. Now you are saying that it WILL melt.
Amazing! You can be taught ! That's right, Paradum . To say GW will melt the Antarctic is a scare tactic . That Climate Change will eventually, perhaps in 1,000 years or a million years melt the Antarctic ice is a matter of science . As a performing arts major I dont expect you to understand all this nerdy stuff, so of course you will be confused .
Ionus

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:09 pm
@parados,
If it is clear to a 6 year old then I can only assume you are 5 . Leave your stolen computer alone .

Quote:
Why do you think snow melts in the spring? Is it because the ground is warmer than the air? Why do you think people cool off in the summer by swimming? Is it because the lake is warmer than the air?
It is because heat goes from a hot object to a cold object . The Earth is always HOTTER then the air . Dig down and you will find a constant temperature . When you go to Primary School they will explain things like volcanoes, and thermal springs and all sorts of magic things you wont ever understand . They will also explain how cold space is . In between we have the air . When you travel a very short distance up in the air, it is very cold but not as cold as space . You would go Brrr and ask mommy for your woolies . The air in between the earth and the cold air is what we call the weather, something GWThuggees know nothing about . It is always busy, buzzing around, redistributing the heat . I hope this helps you past your very limited understanding .
Ionus

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
If I remember the metrology courses at the naval college correctly, the earth warms faster than the sea. But that's perhaps different in Australia. Or whirlybirds change it. Or ...
No, Walt, it is the same here . I thought they might have covered that when they taught you . Perhaps you were asleep in that class . The earth warms faster because it is a heat source already . The ocean is cold and deep and vast . Did you ever go to sea and note how cold and deep and vast it is or did you fail and get thrown out ?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 11:41 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cf/8e/24/cf8e248fc04fc1470de6359eb6f5537c.jpg
Ionus

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 12:29 am
@hingehead,
Aiming a bit low arent you ? Even GWThuggees understand that and they are some of the dullest emotional twits on the planet . GW, the new religion with its High Priests that are to be followed without hesitation . GW is green and nobody argues with green, right ? In fact, all you have to do is say it is green and people shut up . Then you say it is science and even more people shut up . These are the same people who attack religious beliefs without even a thought as to how religious their belief is . This is all very necessary if GWThuggees are to bypass the democratic process . Shout down and insult the opposition, we dont want people to have an opinion, do we hinge ?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:03 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Aiming a bit low arent you ?

No, that illustration posted by Hinge was pitched exactly where people like you need it pitched. People who are afraid of truth should be faced with truth so simple that even they can't escape it.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
One persons opinion :
Quote:
It depends how you define 'climate scientists'. Those that specifically study the climate are climatologists but there are many other branches of science that also involve the study of the climate.

In recent years 18,000 people have qualified as climatologists. It would be reasonable to assume that this constitutes no more than half the total number of climatologists, on that basis the number will be upwards of 36,000. There is no international register of climatologists so it's very hard to provide a specific number.

Some time ago I did read on a skeptics website that the number of climatologists was "only 31,000"

If you widen the definition of 'climate-scientists' to include related disciplines such as meteorologists and paleoclimatologists then the numbers will run into the hundreds of thousands.

Widen the definition further to include astrophysicists, atmospheric chemists, glaciologists and the like and you could probably add another 50,000.

If you were to extend the definition to include all overlapping disciplines such as sedimentologists, hydrologists and dendrochronologists then it's probable that the number of 'climate scientists' would be in the order of a million.
parados

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:54 am
@Ionus,
I never said GW will melt that Antarctic ice. I only did some rough math showing how oceans could rise 200 feet if it did melt. It seems you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.
parados

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:56 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
It is because heat goes from a hot object to a cold object . The Earth is always HOTTER then the air . Dig down and you will find a constant temperature .

OMG, that is too funny. So, if the sun went away tomorrow, then you are saying the earth would be just as warm as it is today?
FBM

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 07:08 am
@parados,
No joke. Even if there were nuclear fusion going on at the earth's core (which it isn't), the temperature wouldn't remain constant at any point. Ignorance exposed.
parados

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 07:22 am
@Ionus,
Maybe we should broaden the definition surgeon to include all doctors. Then we can broaden the definition of doctor to include all nurses. Then we can include everyone that has ever taken a course in medical school. Then we could include anyone that has any knowledge about anatomy. Then we could include anyone that has ever told anyone to put a poultice on a wound.

I suggest you ask your grandmother to do surgery on you Ionus. Clearly your brain needs some work from a qualified surgeon.
parados

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 07:30 am
@FBM,
Yes, the center of the earth is kept hot by nuclear decay which is creating heat faster than it can dissipate through the earth's crust. Ionus is a listener to Rush Limbaugh who has informed him that the oceans are actually heated by volcanic venting on the ocean floor just like when you put a pot on the stove and turn in on. It's so obvious.
FBM

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 07:32 am
@parados,
Wink We don't need no damn science! We have a political position!
hingehead

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 01:27 pm
@FBM,
The lack of understanding of the thinness of the layer of habitability on earth is depressingly amusing. Its so 'flat earth'; 'what I see at human scale is the big picture' and hang other evidence. A billiard ball at earth size would have a rougher surface than earth. Rushian simplicities are gobsmacking wilful ignorance and wishful thinking.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 01:42 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Maybe we should broaden the definition surgeon to include all doctors. Then we can broaden the definition of doctor to include all nurses. Then we can include everyone that has ever taken a course in medical school. Then we could include anyone that has any knowledge about anatomy. Then we could include anyone that has ever told anyone to put a poultice on a wound.

I took a class in first aid. Would that qualify me as a surgeon? I would like a chance to operate on a brain. Is their such a thing as self surgery?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:51 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I never said GW will melt that Antarctic ice. I only did some rough math showing how oceans could rise 200 feet if it did melt. It seems you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.
So you are trying to scare people . Otherwise you have no need to mention that any more than the sun going supernova .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:54 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So, if the sun went away tomorrow, then you are saying the earth would be just as warm as it is today? .
No, Paradum, that is not the case . Your ignorance is extraordinary . You know nothing about this if you think that is true . GWThuggees dont even know there is a sun . Who told you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:58 pm
@parados,
Quote:

I suggest you ask your grandmother to do surgery on you Ionus. Clearly your brain needs some work from a qualified surgeon.
Thanks for the advice, I realise you are trying to help to the best of your ability, and the more you keep the thread away from any discussion of the science the better your "scientific" argument will look . But, hey, maybe you will win over the woo woo crowd .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Yes, the center of the earth is kept hot by nuclear decay which is creating heat faster than it can dissipate through the earth's crust. Ionus is a listener to Rush Limbaugh who has informed him that the oceans are actually heated by volcanic venting on the ocean floor just like when you put a pot on the stove and turn in on. It's so obvious.
Finished ? You are either a desperate liar or a complete loon .
0 Replies