Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 02:37 pm
@Ionus,
Gosh, Ionus. I'll bet you think the allies lost WW2 because radar can't give any true distance or measure more than one point in your little mind.

Quote:
Unlike rock, ice is transparent to radar. So by firing radio pulses through the overlying sheet and recording the return echoes, scientists can plot both the depth of the rock bed and - by definition - the thickness of the ice covering.

You really need to stop making yourself look so stupid Ionus. Radar has been mapping things for decades. It is quite accurate.
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 02:50 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
??? Any comment ? Still say your math hardly had the water rising straight up ? For every mm up the surface area will increase yet you have used only the starting surface area . As areas are flooded, the surface area will increase sideways . Still think your math can handle it ?

I see you completely ignored my math using the entire earth's surface which showed a rise of 170 feet. We know for sure that all the earth's land isn't within 170 feet of sea level.

Quote:
You should get someone to help you, I am finding it difficult to type in between fits of laughter . Do you imagine the earth's oceans are one temperature ? That they will expand ? Has your math calculated the amount of heat it would take if it was possible ?
You should stop laughing. You might swallow the wrong thing with your head so far up your butt. I never said the entire ocean was one temperature. When anything warms up it expands even if it isn't the same temperature throughout. Oceans expand when they warm because water expands when it warms. Water like all materials has a coefficient of expansion.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:28 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Gosh, Ionus. I'll bet you think the allies lost WW2 because radar can't give any true distance or measure more than one point in your little mind.
Laughing BLOODY HILARIOUS !!! Does that qualify as a legitimate point in your grade school ??

If I interpret your post correctly, you are saying ALL locations in the survey were mapped by radar...perhaps you should read the report . Why do I always have to pick the best parts out of your posts to help you make a minor point ? Why cant you hold up your end of the argument ?

Thanks for another easy day rebutting your stupidity . Very Happy Much appreciated .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:40 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I see you completely ignored my math using the entire earth's surface which showed a rise of 170 feet.
No, I showed you where YOU said the OCEAN's SURFACE...
Quote:
It covers an area of almost 14 million square km (5.4 million sq. miles) and contains 26.5 million cubic km of ice[2] (6.36 million cubic miles).
The area of the World Ocean is about 361.9 million square kilometers (139.7 million square miles
6.36/139.7 x 5280 = 240 feet
THAT IS YOUR WORDS...I have shown you twice now...where does it say Earth's surface ?

Quote:
You should stop laughing. You might swallow the wrong thing with your head so far up your butt. I never said the entire ocean was one temperature. When anything warms up it expands even if it isn't the same temperature throughout. Oceans expand when they warm because water expands when it warms. Water like all materials has a coefficient of expansion.
I feel like I am arguing with a pre-schooler . That co-efficient of expansion changes depending on the temperature of the water . Going from ice to water it actually shrinks . There is also the latent heat but you are having ehough problems . But you knew that didnt you...you are just trying to make me look good . In fact, you are my sock puppet so I look better..it is all a clever plan of mine .
Very Happy I need a break to wipe the tears of laughter away and relax the face muscles . Love you Parados !

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:59 pm
What renowned GWThuggee group thinks like Parados that the Antarctic ice sheet will melt ? Open to anyone here...just jump right in...there are no wrong answers, just name one group of scientists apart from Parados....anyone ?
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:09 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Going from ice to water it actually shrinks .
And once it is water it certainly doesn't shrink as it gets warmer. The entire ocean is not ice.
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:14 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
What renowned GWThuggee group thinks like Parados that the Antarctic ice sheet will melt ?
Do you have any other statements you want to attribute to me that I never made? The question was asked where is the math showing if Antarctic ice melts that the oceans will rise 200 feet. I simply provided a quick rough calculation showing how it would be more than 200 feet. Now you want to argue that this rough calculation isn't close to accurate because it was rough. Let's see your data showing that the amount of ice on Antarctica won't raise the oceans by 200 feet. Give us your calculations. I doubt you can do any such thing. You can only yell "I don't believe it" without providing anything other than your idiotic "It ain't true" arguments.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:25 pm
@parados,
You have no understanding of the oceans . What is the pressure in the oceans (on average) and how does pressure affect temperature ? What is the average temperature ? If you were truly conversant with these things the first question would be which of the oceans ? Can they be lumped together for an average depth, temperature and pressure ? I'll give you a hint..NO...they cant .
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:33 pm
@parados,
So you are simply using scare tactics to talk about Antarctica melting and raising the world sea level without understanding the science or maths inherent in those calculations . Like everything GWThuggees do, it was very rough calculations that you provided because you are used to talking to greenies who will only believe if it is very bad . The onus of proof is on you .

Ignoring the inaccuracy of the amount of ice available for melting, ignoring how much heat it will take to melt it, ignoring the difficulty in translating melted ice into a true water level, ignoring the difficulties in measuring sea level rise, lets all believe in GW because green is the new religion . People have to believe in something, right ? And religion has been killed by easy times (not science as some fools like to think) so we need a replacement . What better rod to whip our backs with then AGW . You would be a lost soul without it .
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:40 pm
@Ionus,
That's an interesting argument there Ionus. So you are saying if something is under pressure than it can't get warmer. I wonder who told you that tidbit.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:43 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Quote:
What renowned GWThuggee group thinks like Parados that the Antarctic ice sheet will melt ?
Do you have any other statements you want to attribute to me that I never made?
Dont you think you had the room to say at some stage whilst showing us your blinding math ability to say "but I do not think the Antarctic Ice Sheet is in any danger of melting". If you want to jump in to defend the rising sea level argument you should be prepared to say that disclaimer or to be held as defending it .
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:44 pm
@Ionus,
I see you still have no math of your own. Care to provide us with some?

Quote:
ignoring the difficulty in translating melted ice into a true water level
Really? You are going to argue, "it ain't true?" I notice you haven't provided us any math showing when ice melts that the volume of a body of water it flows into decreases.
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:48 pm
@Ionus,
I see. So let's see what you are defending. You are claiming the volume of water shrinks when it gets warmer. You are saying that water under pressure can't get warmer. You are saying you have your head up your ass since you never jumped in to place a disclaimer stating where you head is at.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:48 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So you are saying if something is under pressure than it can't get warmer.
Ah ha! I see a problem . You have no comprehension ability . Which question did you understand as saying that ?

Quote:
I wonder who told you that tidbit.
If it was wrong, it was probably you .
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:51 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I see you still have no math of your own. Care to provide us with some?
Unlike you, I know the math is quite difficult and can not be simplified 'roughly' just to scare people . The onus of proof for your statements is on you . You twice misquoted yourself . That is not encouraging .

Quote:
I notice you haven't provided us any math showing when ice melts that the volume of a body of water it flows into decreases.
Getting sidetracked again ? Prove the Antarctic ice sheet will melt or admit you are wasting everyone's time with scare tactics .
parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:53 pm
@Ionus,
I stated this:
parados wrote:

Quote:
Going from ice to water it actually shrinks .
And once it is water it certainly doesn't shrink as it gets warmer. The entire ocean is not ice.

You responded with this:

Quote:
You have no understanding of the oceans . What is the pressure in the oceans (on average) and how does pressure affect temperature ?

That would mean you are arguing that I am wrong. The only way I could be wrong is if the oceans are ice or the oceans shrink as they get warmer. Clearly you are arguing that pressure in the oceans means they can't get warmer. Otherwise you are arguing that the oceans are made of ice.

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:55 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You are claiming the volume of water shrinks when it gets warmer.
Show me where I said that or admit to being either a liar or stupid .

Quote:
You are saying that water under pressure can't get warmer.
Show me where I said that or admit to being either a liar or stupid .

I want you to do a mind exercise here...what if GW is not true...what will your next crusade be ? Will you be a lost soul ?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:57 pm
@Ionus,
So, now you are going to argue that the poles have never been ice free. An interesting argument there Ionus. Do you have ice from the poles that is a billion years old? 4 billion?
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 11:01 pm
@parados,
Quote:
That would mean you are arguing that I am wrong. The only way I could be wrong is if the oceans are ice or the oceans shrink as they get warmer. Clearly you are arguing that pressure in the oceans means they can't get warmer. Otherwise you are arguing that the oceans are made of ice.
Ok, now you are just scaring me . The only way you could be wrong.... Rolling Eyes
None of that is true . I gave you little hints as to the major factors that have to be included and to you that means I know less than you do . No one knows less than you do, thats why you keep coming back . You have a compete lack of understanding of how whacko your "science and math" really is .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 11:07 pm
@parados,
Quote:
now you are going to argue that the poles have never been ice free.
I remember telling you the world usually does not have mountain glaciers and you went into some sort of shock and disbelief . I also said the world usually does not have polar land ice but that is due to the movement of the land masses . Australia used to be the Antarctic of its day . Why do you make up my side of the argument ? How thick headed are you to make up this stuff and then tell me you have beaten my argument ?