Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 03:48 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
Can you demonstrate that those climate stations in northeast Canada are delivering credible data, parados? Surely, there has been no cherrypicking of data, has there?

Well, I suppose, you, okie, certainly have a lot of negative points against weather stations which meet the United Nation's World Meteorological Organization (WMO) standards.

I've always wondered, what standards you would accept.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 04:08 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He accepts what FOX News says, and he is negative against any organization that he thinks is liberal in political terms.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 04:22 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Can you demonstrate that those climate stations in northeast Canada are delivering credible data, parados? Surely, there has been no cherrypicking of data, has there?

I'm curious why you trust the data for the Oklahoma climate stations okie..

Or did you forget that you have been arguing that they are off by 5 degrees?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 04:24 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Here is the current global warming situation in Oklahoma. It is causing the coldest temperatures ever recorded in the state. After all, we've heard global warming causes extreme events, have we not? If its a flood, its global warming, and if its a drought, its global warming, and so on. Al Gore and his willing accomplices in the press have taught us well.
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/today-tair-min-grad.png?w=640&h=349
So where exactly do you think that data came from okie and why do you think it is suddenly accurate?
Or are you as dumb in real life as you seem to be here?
First you argue that we can't trust the temperature readings, then you try to use the temperature readings as evidence. So.. do you trust the readings or not okie?
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:03 pm
@parados,
Quote:
When you find the 3o year period that saw a decrease in the stock market, could you tell us when that was?
I can show you a 30 yr trend to increase, because that is the nature of the stock market. Just like a 10,000 yr increase trend in the planet warming is in the nature of the climate due to coming out of an Ice Age. You chose 30 yrs because that is all you have...if you applied intelligence to the problem, you would realise that a 30 yr trend is ludicrously short in trending the planet's climate.

If you short trend the human heart, you will find it has stopped.

Quote:
no one can predict anything accurately if they can't tell you what will happen on a specific day.
Just tell me how much hotter it will be and when...now be careful here, because to develop a proper trend you need to get a run up. What is a sufficient amount of time in the past to plot a trend into the future ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:08 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So where exactly do you think that data came from okie and why do you think it is suddenly accurate?
Let me see if I understand you correctly. You can use inaccurate data but okie cant use the same data to prove you wrong ? Why is that ?

Quote:
Or are you as dumb in real life as you seem to be here?
Now see any talk of dumbness is bound to backfire big time. You are the clown who thought there had only been one Ice Age. You thought Ice Ages ended when someone threw the switch and didn't realise the amount of time it takes to go in and out of one.

Quote:
First you argue that we can't trust the temperature readings, then you try to use the temperature readings as evidence. So.. do you trust the readings or not okie?
First you argue that they are accurate then you argue they cant be used against you, that the evidence is only biased in your favour. Any cooling trending can be eliminated as inaccurate as the data can only be used to show warming trends. I await your explanation.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:15 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Let me see if I understand you correctly. You can use inaccurate data but okie cant use the same data to prove you wrong ? Why is that ?

okie is the one that has spent the last few years claiming the data is inaccurate. Now he presents it as evidence of cooling. If the data is inaccurate to show warming 2 years ago, why would it be accurate to show cooling in the last 2 years from his standpoint? Either he accepts the data or he doesn't. He needs to make up his mind if he wants to be credible.

When you can find my saying the data is inaccurate, post a link. Until then you can keep talking out of your arse as usual. Rewriting what I wrote to okie doesn't give me okie's opinion about the data. It only makes you look like an idiot but then you don't have much difficulty doing that most days.
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:33 pm
@parados,
Quote:
If the data is inaccurate to show warming 2 years ago, why would it be accurate to show cooling in the last 2 years from his standpoint?
So you agree the data is inaccurate ?

Quote:
Until then you can keep talking out of your arse as usual. Rewriting what I wrote to okie doesn't give me okie's opinion about the data. It only makes you look like an idiot but then you don't have much difficulty doing that most days.
I thought okie gave his opinion about the data. He said it was inaccurate. You say it is accurate but that he cant use it. The data is only for proving warming, not cooling. Okie needs to find himself some data that hasnt been taken yet.

I take it your anger is from being proven to be a dickhead, biased beyond whats possible with normal mental health and incapable of remembering what you have said previously. All this whilst having shown a great deal of ignorance about the topic, but a great determination to argue the exact detail . Clever.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:53 pm
@Ionus,
You seem to have problems with the English language Ionus.

I suggest you start by looking up the word "if".

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:57 pm
@parados,
I just want to know if you think the data is accurate or not, you can keep your "if" and other hypotheticals.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:05 pm
@Ionus,
Okie has spent more than 2 years claiming all the data is inaccurate. Now he is using the data as evidence of cooling. It's okie's opinion of the data that is in question here. Your attempt to change the subject is nothing but a red herring and will be ignored.

Do you agree that okie has argued the temperature data showed false warming because it couldn't be trusted?
Do you also agree that okie just argued that the temperature data in OK shows it is cooler than normal?
Do you agree that okie is arguing that we should trust the data he has said can't be trusted?

If you don't wish to discuss the topic then I see no reason to respond to you.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:10 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
First you argue that they are accurate then you argue they cant be used against you, that the evidence is only biased in your favour. Any cooling trending can be eliminated as inaccurate as the data can only be used to show warming trends. I await your explanation.

By the way Ionus, I never made the argument you accuse me of here. You must think you are clever making up arguments for me so you can attack those arguments.
okie

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:22 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Okie has spent more than 2 years claiming all the data is inaccurate. Now he is using the data as evidence of cooling. It's okie's opinion of the data that is in question here. Your attempt to change the subject is nothing but a red herring and will be ignored.
Only a dope would be ignorant of the fact that it was bitter cold in Oklahoma recently. We are not talking about a deviance of 1 or 2 degrees. Even if it was only 29 below instead of 31 below, maybe you would think it wasn't cold, but I do.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:31 pm
@okie,
Yes it was cold in OK okie. That isn't the issue.

This is the issue..
okie wrote:

Here is the current global warming situation in Oklahoma.
okie

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:34 pm
@parados,
whether you like it or not, Oklahoma is part of the globe, parados.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 07:47 pm
@okie,
Yes, it is part of the globe... But it's less than .2% of the globe. You don't seem to understand the difference between Ok and the globe. Nor do you understand the difference between weather and climate.

Oklahoma weather is NOT the same thing as global climate and never will be.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 09:56 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Okie has spent more than 2 years claiming all the data is inaccurate.
So you did not want to convince him the data was accurate . Alright, the data is inaccurate and okie shouldnt have used it. Whats your next point and it had better not involve inaccurate data.

Quote:
If you don't wish to discuss the topic then I see no reason to respond to you.
This child does not play well with others unless they let him win.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 09:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Quote:
By the way Ionus, I never made the argument you accuse me of here. You must think you are clever making up arguments for me so you can attack those arguments.

If you are being truthful, then you have never argued :
1) the data is accurate.
2) that okie is banned from using the data to prove cooling.

Which one is made up ?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 06:25 am
Man made climate change is made up.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 11:11 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
I thought okie gave his opinion about the data. He said it was inaccurate. You say it is accurate but that he cant use it. The data is only for proving warming, not cooling. Okie needs to find himself some data that hasnt been taken yet.
You need to understand parados's pattern of logic, Ionus, only inaccurate climate data can be used to prove global warming that amounts to a fraction of one degree, but to prove it is record cold in Oklahoma, such as 31 below, it is completely bogus. Do you understand that now? Also, peoples personal thermometers and experience by friends and relatives do not count at all. My own experience does not count either when I recently drove up I-35 from Texas into Oklahoma. Even though all those rolling blackouts were happening because of electric heaters being used, it was all peoples imagination, it was actually warm outside. The most important thing to remember, Ionus, is that inaccurate climate readings can only be used to calculate fractions of a degree from normal, which tells us the earth is being destroyed and that we have to spend trillions to save it. However, we cannot use climate station data that are marginally wrong to tell us it is below zero outside. Have you got that now, Ionus? We can all be very grateful that we have a guy like parados here to explain all of this to us.