Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

parados

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 08:11 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Melting ice is usually transparent.

Ignorance must do you wonders in Australia Ionus.

http://nsidc.org/seaice/characteristics/brine_salinity.html
ican711nm

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 02:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican, You are a slave to charts that you have no idea what's being posted. Mr McConnell is a Hydrologist, an expert on water. Most scientists who study climate, earth's changing temperatures, and the current rise in CO2, all agree that man-made hydro-carbons are affecting the earth's temperature.

Cice, this statement of yours reveals your ignorance of how you can validly interpret the charts I posted, and how I do in fact validly interpret the charts I posred.

In brief, the sun's radiation has not continued to increase over the last 11 years, while the CO2 density in the earth's atmosphere has continued to increase over the last 11 years. However, the average annual global temperature has not increased over the last 11 yeatrs. That logically implies that increasing CO2 density in the earth's atmosphere causes little or no earth warming.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 02:50 pm
@ican711nm,
"11 years?" ROFLMAO

We're talking about climate change on a planet that's over 4.5 billion years old.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 03:42 pm
ican says:
Quote:
However, the average annual global temperature has not increased over the last 11 yeatrs.

FLATLY FALSE
If you call what you are doing "validly interpreting' your graphs, ican, you are mathematically totally illiterate. But we know that. Take a look at the black line on the graphs you cut and paste over and over again, ican--that's average global temperature, and it is going UP.

9 of the ten warmest years on record occurred in the last decade. The warmest year on record, and the two years tied for second warmest all occurred in the last decade. The first decade of this century was warmer than the last decade of the last, which was in turn warmer than the one before that.

According to satellite records, total solar irradiance has been decreasing over the last three solar cycles, while global temperatures have been increasing over the same period. At the last solar minimum last year, the sun's output was about where it was in the minimum around 1911.

Temperatures are going up. The sun is not the cause. THAT is what your graphs show, ican, nothing but.

okie

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 07:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
I thought you might find it interesting, MJ, that not even all of your fellow lefties agree with the global warmers agenda. Here is a quote from "farmerman," also a geologist as I was, from a related thread. I largely agree with most of the points made by farmerman:
http://able2know.org/topic/131818-1#post-3634588
farmerman wrote:
Im not denying that GW is occuring, It is. However, the connection between human activity and the hysteria surrounding GW is kind of alarming. Im not convinced and the list of scientists who are similarly unconvinced is growing. Im beginning to conclude that these huge carbon footprint projects are a waste of resources.

Global warming has become politicized so it therefore has lost much of its its scientific credibility that is borne of "dispassionate science" (Try to find a decent scientific argument about GW that doesnt end up in hysterical shouting from both sides). Those who "believe" that we are going to kill ourselves by our own sword (or smokestack) are usually of one political stripe, while those who are dubious, seem to cluster around the right.

Im a leftie and Im convinced that this is a storm in a teapot and that we have little control over the angle of our presentation to the sun. In 11000 years or so, we shall see whos right. If the sun cycle scientists are correct, we will then be approaching another Ice AGe maximum between now and then but only after a protracted period of sunny and warmer for the next 5000 years or so.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:48 pm
@parados,
So apart from making assertions that a 5th grader would be reluctant to make, how was that helpful ? How do you think that contradicted what I said ? Or were you being racist ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
We're talking about climate change on a planet that's over 4.5 billion years old.
Global Warming Thuggees dont usually mention the age of the planet. It tends to backfire when they talk about the last 60 years showing how evil man has devastated the entire planet.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
9 of the ten warmest years on record occurred in the last decade.
Rubbish. Selected data incorrectly obtained and then modified to get research money has been doctored to produce the required result.

Didnt you read what your side wrote just a couple of posts previous ? The earth is 4.6 billion years old. How much warming and cooling in that time was man responsible for ?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:02 pm
This is not about the earth's climate cycles; those are givens, and nobody is arguing about that.

The latest findings by most scientists who study climate change have come to the conclusion that man-made CO2 is affecting GW.

This is with all the power of research at the poles, computer models, measurement of earth's environment, and the instruments to assist in arriving at conclusions about GW.

If you can refute these findings, please show them to us; your opinions without any evidence is worthless b.s.

Ionus

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
This is with all the power of research at the poles, computer models, measurement of earth's environment, and the instruments to assist in arriving at conclusions about GW.
Gee, thats impressive.....so what should the temperature be tomorrow ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 11:31 pm
@Ionus,
That shows how dumb you are! You're a waste of time.
Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
Lets just paraphrase what you have said. We have all this wondrous technology (wondrous to most) and it cant be wrong because the data is being interpreted by humans to prove the world is getting hotter but you cant tell what the temp will be tomorrow ? How do you know it will get hotter if you dont know how hot ? How much ice will melt next year ? Dont know ?

I think I will follow the sun cycle theory myself before I trust you with many billions and the future of my kids.
Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The latest findings by most scientists who study climate change have come to the conclusion that man-made CO2 is affecting GW.
The latest findings by most scientists who study the oceans have come to the conclusion that the bottom of the oceans is featureless and dead flat.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:55 am
@Ionus,
So does that mean I can't predict that you will die some day Ionus since I can't predict the exact date and time?

Trends are predicted all the time without being able to predict exact numbers at any given time.
The stock market will be higher in 10 years than it is today but I can't tell you the exact number it will close at tomorrow.
The price of a loaf of bread will be higher in 10 years due to inflation but I can't tell you exactly how much it will cost in one year.
Next year the winter in the Northern hemisphere will be colder average temperatures than the summer is but I can't tell you what the temperature will be on any given day.

It's funny that you will follow the sun cycle but I bet you can't predict how many sun spots will occur next year. You can't even tell me how many will occur in the next 30 days yet you think the sun cycle is something you can trust but you don't trust climate predictions because they can't tell you exact data for given days?

The most interesting thing about the sun cycle theory Ionus is it predicts that the earth is cooler during the low end of the cycle and YET.. the earth isn't cooler during this last low end.
okie

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:59 pm
Here is the current global warming situation in Oklahoma. It is causing the coldest temperatures ever recorded in the state. After all, we've heard global warming causes extreme events, have we not? If its a flood, its global warming, and if its a drought, its global warming, and so on. Al Gore and his willing accomplices in the press have taught us well.
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/today-tair-min-grad.png?w=640&h=349
Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 06:35 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So does that mean I can't predict that you will die some day Ionus since I can't predict the exact date and time?
No, it means you cant predict the temp so how can you know it is not going to get colder.

Quote:
Trends are predicted all the time without being able to predict exact numbers at any given time.
You must be a billionaire from the stock market in your own mind. I cant begin to list the number of times predicting has been wrong.

Quote:
It's funny that you will follow the sun cycle but I bet you can't predict how many sun spots will occur next year.
It is funny that you say sun spots arent causing any warming yet you cant predict how many sun spots will occur next year.

Quote:
The most interesting thing about the sun cycle theory Ionus is it predicts that the earth is cooler during the low end of the cycle and YET.. the earth isn't cooler during this last low end.
So it MUST be CO2. Ever seen a cloud ? Water vapour is a major factor in temp just like the sun. It is a self correcting system and its complexity is beyond our computer modelling at this time.
Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 06:47 pm
@okie,
I stubbed my toe and I blame Global Warming. The 10 yr drought was followed by severe flooding and both of these were caused by Global Warming but neither of them was caused by periodic weather cycles. From the changes in moisture, a crack appeared in the pavement and I stubbed my toe on it.

We need to spend many trillions of dollars to correct Global Warming, and the government who have never wasted money, should be allowed to spend it. The idea that I walk around a crack in the footpath is ludicrous. Similarly, the idea that even in the worst possible case if Global Warming occurs that people will NOT adapt and overcome, and trillions of dollars must spent by nanny states thus solving everything at once, is clearly a very good idea.

When we control the climate, we will then control the weather. You will be able to order just enough rain and sunshine to keep down the cracks in the footpath. My big toe thanks you and wishes you would stop breathing out CO2 because it makes the trees healthier.
okie

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 06:52 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Water vapour is a major factor in temp just like the sun.
Here is a chart showing water vapor being by far the most dominant greenhouse gas, and how miniscule man's contribution is to it. Man's contribution to other gases is also pretty neglible, as the graph shows.It has always amazed me how blithely the global warmers ignore all the greenhouse gases except the one they think fits their agenda.
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/PageMill_Images/image270f.gif
Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:19 pm
@okie,
I cant help but laugh everytime I see an ad about Global Warming and they show a stack with steam pouring out of it whilst they moan about CO2 and pollution. They have filmed the true controller of a lot of our climate, but they couldnt identify it correctly. Very Happy Dont buy a used car from a climatologist !!
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 12:02 am
Ionarse.... quote
I stubbed my toe and I blame Global Warming. The 10 yr drought was followed by severe flooding and both of these were caused by Global Warming but neither of them was caused by periodic weather cycles. From the changes in moisture, a crack appeared in the pavement and I stubbed my toe on it.

We need to spend many trillions of dollars to correct Global Warming, and the government who have never wasted money, should be allowed to spend it. The idea that I walk around a crack in the footpath is ludicrous. Similarly, the idea that even in the worst possible case if Global Warming occurs that people will NOT adapt and overcome, and trillions of dollars must spent by nanny states thus solving everything at once, is clearly a very good idea.

When we control the climate, we will then control the weather. You will be able to order just enough rain and sunshine to keep down the cracks in the footpath. My big toe thanks you and wishes you would stop breathing out CO2 because it makes the trees healthier.
andI cant help but laugh everytime I see an ad about Global Warming and they show a stack with steam pouring out of it whilst they moan about CO2 and pollution. They have filmed the true controller of a lot of our climate, but they couldnt identify it correctly. Dont buy a used car from a climatologist !!

Great posts... couldn't agree more. Tender Foot.
0 Replies