Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:39 am
@okie,
Quote:
but if we have heat waves during the summer, the global warmers and cooperative media are always on the spot to point out the link between those weather events and supposed global warming
Exactly !!! It needed to be pointed out, okie...well done.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:47 am
@parados,
Quote:
Since you have already hoisted yourself, the only thing left for you to do is spin.
Nothing is more typical of Global Warming Thuggees. They dont know enough, they try to be clever and when they are wrong they cant admit it.
Quote:
So, you would argue there is no consensus on gravity or the earth being round.
You are comparing what was known thousands of years ago and is demonstrable with simple experiments with Global Warming ? There is concensus on those subjects because any non-believers like you can be shown experimantally that it is true. There is concensus on those subjects but not on Global Warming. There are no experimants that show Global Warming is true. Is this getting any easier to understand ?
parados

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:56 am
@Ionus,
Wrong Ionus? really?

You still don't know a hawk from a handsaw.
parados

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:03 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
There is concensus on those subjects but not on Global Warming. There are no experimants that show Global Warming is true. Is this getting any easier to understand ?

Sure....

The wind will never blow southerly for you.

Hypothesis.. If the earth warms, species will closer to the poles from their normal habitat.
Lets see.. Can we test that?

Hypothesis.. if the earth warms, ice on lakes will go out on average earlier

Hypothesis if the earth warms, the average recorded temperatures will trend upward
Lets see... Can we test that?

oh.. Ionus told us we can't do any experiments to show Global Warming is true so I guess that means I can't test any hypothesis.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 01:19 pm
Why do so many of the people that believe in global warming swear by the IPCC report?
Especially when it keeps getting proven wrong?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.8d6e5773c60565dfc6e882b0a8dcbf18.4e1&show_article=1

Quote:
The Netherlands has asked the UN climate change panel to explain an inaccurate claim in a landmark 2007 report that more than half the country was below sea level, the Dutch government said Friday.
According to the Dutch authorities, only 26 percent of the country is below sea level, and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) will be asked to account for its figures, environment ministry spokesman Trimo Vallaart told AFP.

The incident could cause further embarrassment for the IPCC, which recently admitted a claim in the same report that global warming could melt Himalayan glaciers by 2035 was wrong.

Quote:
IPCC experts calculated that 55 percent of the Netherlands was below sea level by adding the area below sea level -- 26 percent -- to the area threatened by river flooding -- 29 percent -- Vallaart said.

There are 2,130 square miles of the United States below sea level
http://www.nationalatlas.gov/articles/mapping/a_general.html

And quite a bit that is threatened by river flooding here in the US, according to the website I linked to.
So, without doing the math, I would say that using the IPCC calculations, about 5 to 10 % of the US is below sea level.
And we all know that isnt true.
okie

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 06:37 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Why do so many of the people that believe in global warming swear by the IPCC report?
Especially when it keeps getting proven wrong?

Sorry to be blunt, but I think the obvious reason is that global warmering is a political belief, bordering on having a religious fervor, it is not purely science anymore, the science has been hijacked and corrupted by a political cause.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 03:36 am
@parados,
Quote:
Hypothesis.. If the earth warms, species will closer to the poles from their normal habitat.
Assumption : Species do not evolve with the environment..they always migrate but it is never driven by anything but the climate . The number of kangaroos in Antartica is still comparatively small even by the wildly exagerated standards of Global Warming Thuggees.
Quote:
Hypothesis.. if the earth warms, ice on lakes will go out on average earlier
Assumption : any change in the weather must be driven by the climate and any change in the climate must be driven by man . I have repeatedly asked you to explain the warm period of the middle ages . What caused that and why is that different from today ?
Quote:
Hypothesis if the earth warms, the average recorded temperatures will trend upward
Lets see... Can we test that?
Assumption : Weather variations have been eliminated and the recording stations are accurate and the correct science for finding a trend has been employed.
Quote:
oh.. Ionus told us we can't do any experiments to show Global Warming is true so I guess that means I can't test any hypothesis.
You cant. But scientists who are not behaving hysterically should be cautious about drawing conclusions from faulty means.
Ionus

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 03:38 am
@parados,
Quote:
Wrong Ionus? really? You still don't know a hawk from a handsaw.
Awesome comeback !!!! I dont suppose your stupid utterances come with a guide book ?
Ionus

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 03:43 am
@mysteryman,
I dont think the Global Warming Thuggees have anything that is not poor science or wild exaggerations. Lets see what happens to the careers of these clowns when people wake up to this rubbish. Perhaps criminal inverstigations can be started as they have caused alarm and taken money under fraudulent means. Or perhaps they will just shred enough of the information that they will never be caught. They have shredded the evidence in the past so no one else could confirm their conclusions.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:42 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Assumption : any change in the weather must be driven by the climate and any change in the climate must be driven by man . I have repeatedly asked you to explain the warm period of the middle ages

Are you talking about the weather in the middle ages Ionus? I am just curious what is the difference between weather and climate for you. Weather for a year or two isn't climate but weather for 30 years is climate. When we see changes from one 30 year period to the next, that would be changes in climate. I have never said one year makes a change in climate. That is your specious argument.

This is a perfect example of how disingenuous your arguments can be.

I have never assumed any change must be driven by man. No climate scientist has assumed all changes must be driven by man. The IPCC clearly lists several causes of change that have nothing to do with man.
parados

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:50 pm
@Ionus,
Boy, for someone that wanted to correct me about Shakespeare you don't seem to get even the simplest reference. It's even the same play you wanted to quote from earlier to claim my statement was wrong. Do you know which play it is without googling?

By the way, Shakespeare misspelled "petard."
ican711nm

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 03:19 pm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/global-jan-dec-error-bar-pg.gif
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/global-jan-dec-error-bar-pg.gif
Jan-Dec Global Mean Temperature over Land & Ocean
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/nhshgl.gif
Average Annual Global Temperature 1850-2009
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/nhshgl.gif
Average Annual Global Temperature 1850-2009
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
As of December 20, 2007, more than 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries have voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

Quote:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport#report
Alexandre Amaral de Aguiar, communications director for Brazil’s MetSul Weather Center and weatherman for Ulbra TV in Porto Alegre, Brazil, debunked former Vice President Al Gore's science claims in 2007. "It was exactly 10 years ago today. October 14th 1997. The guest in the El Niño Community Preparedness Summit in Santa Monica, California, was the Vice President of the United States Al Gore. It was another opportunity to him to propagate the scary vision of a warmed globe. The main point was the super El Niño event of that year. Gore took advantage of the scene to forecast a future without (cooling) La Niña events. El Niño (warming) events, according to him and his fellow scientists, would become permanent," Aguiar wrote on October 14, 2007 on the skeptical website IceCap.US. "Gore's theory bankrupted exactly ten years after its release. The largest ocean in Earth is much colder than average and global climate starts to feel the impacts of a moderate La Niña event that may reach the strong threshold," Aguiar explained. "It will take some more years for ‘Mother Nature' to dismiss some or all of Gore forecasts, but earlier predictions made by him are already proving to be an inconvenient mistake," he concluded. (LINK)

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:39 pm
@parados,
Asm usual you can not understand anything that does not agree with you. Dont pretend you are unaware that most shakespeare's works come with a guide book ?
Quote:
By the way, Shakespeare misspelled "petard."
That is clearly your level of knowledge. How do you know shakespeare misspelled it ?
Ionus

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:48 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Are you talking about the weather in the middle ages Ionus? I am just curious what is the difference between weather and climate for you. Weather for a year or two isn't climate but weather for 30 years is climate.
Given your lack of knowledge on general subjects, and your total lack of knowledge on the climate, which is probably why you like to discuss it so much, you are not aware of the depth of your ignorance, I am yet again in the position of having to expain things to you. How long do you thing the Middle Ages were ? One year or thirty years ? Try google, you will be surprised.

I have given my definition of the climate and weather in the past. Try looking in this thread where you thought there had been only one Ice Age and provided a dictionary definition to support your argument that disagreed with you.

Weather for 30 years is climate ? Why ? Because it is all you have to argue Global Warming therefore it has to be enough...after the data is falsified and dissenters are threatened, of course.
okie

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:30 pm
@Ionus,
Weather that has been presented with fraudulant data is certainly not climate.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:35 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Weather that has been presented with fraudulant data is certainly not climate

as sort of an aside, did you notice that it has come out that the politicians pressured NYC police into submitting fraudulent crime data for many years?

Purposefully bad data is an increasing problem in our technical society. This civilization is rotten to its core. It is getting nearly impossible to know what the facts are, thus we cant make good choices.

We are seeing this problem in the climate debate big time.
okie

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

We are seeing this problem in the climate debate big time.

Anytime anything becomes politicized, you will see fraud attempted.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:47 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Asm usual you can not understand anything that does not agree with you. Dont pretend you are unaware that most shakespeare's works come with a guide book ?

A guide book? Do you think the "First Folio" is a guide book?

Most copies of his single works come with notes. Publications by "The Folger Library" are probably the most common. Notes are NOT a guide book however. They are normally just an attempt to define word or phrase meaning for a modern reader. Admittedly, a lot of authors have written study guides for his works but these don't come with Shakespeare's works. "Asimov's Guide to Shakespeare" comes to mind.

Quote:
That is clearly your level of knowledge. How do you know shakespeare misspelled it ?

Probably for the same reason I know you misspelled "as."
parados

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 09:13 am
@Ionus,
Ionus doth protest too much methinks. 1

1. You might want to check your "guide book" Ionus before you reply.
Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:36 pm
@parados,
Quote:
A guide book? Do you think the "First Folio" is a guide book?
Come clean parody, you will feel better. Your knowledge max-ed out in Global Warming and that was pathetically little. As you thumb through your idiots guide to shakespeare, I want you to remember the morality inherent in his works and try not to mis-quote..it makes you look as stupid as you are.

Quote:
Probably for the same reason I know you misspelled "as."
If you were able to type with more than one finger you might be able to mis-type something yourself. That was a double strike with the space bar.

So when you look up your dictionary to check my spelling of big words, do you use a dictionary that was available during Shakespeare's time ? Hint : when was the first English Dictionary ? No doubt such a reliable scholar as yourself who is only wrong when they say or write something would know that in Shakespeare's time you could spell a word however you chose. How do you know he was not spelling it in accord with his peer's?