Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:42 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Please present your evidence, or stop making claims for which you have no supporting evidence.
It was presented.

No, it wasn't. I specifically challenge you to present it. I assert that you will be unable to do so, because you made it up.

Quote:
Are we to think that the typical blindness that affects Global Warming Thuggees allows them to see facts ? You cant see it because you dont want to...you find it..it is there.

You haven't presented any facts. You have only asserted that facts exist. That's intellectually weak and nobody would support such an argument.

YOU are making the positive assertion, the burden of proof lies on YOU to provide evidence.

Cycloptichorn
Ionus

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:48 pm
@parados,
Quote:
When has a natural glaciation occurred in a period as short as 500 years?

Can you read the following ?

Quote:
So you think that some meaningful change can be made in the earth's climate trend over a relatively short period of time, say 100 to 500 years?

The question asks what you think. If you were a qualified person you would know that you dont answer a question with a question. Are you in avoidance ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You only have one eye so maybe you should look harder. I am not wasting my time chasing down things I have already researched and presented because you cant see them. Ask parados. He argued vehemently the facts were wrong. Wouldnt he have had to have seen it to do that ? Just because you wander into this thread every now and then doesnt justify my time, one eyed horn.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:55 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You only have one eye so maybe you should look harder. I am not wasting my time chasing down things I have already researched

No, you didn't research them, you made them up.

Quote:
and presented because you cant see them. Ask parados. He argued vehemently the facts were wrong. Wouldnt he have had to have seen it to do that ? Just because you wander into this thread every now and then doesnt justify my time, one eyed horn.

If you present an argument as an affirmative one, the burden lies on you to provide evidence. I didn't make up the rules of debate bro.

Until you can provide the actual data, I'm going to have to conclude that you are full of **** and representing false data. And you should understand completely why.

Cycloptichorn
Ionus

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You should understand that I am not your bro. If you cant find them, one eye, then I suggest that is typical of your attitude to Global Warming. If it disagrees with you, then you cant see it.
You are full of **** if you think people will believe you because you deny what I have presented as existing. If you are too lazy to go back and search for it, then stiff ! I put it on record and you are too stupid to find it. Until you can read with only one eye I am going to have to include that you are too incompetent for further discussion with and you should understand that I neither respect your opinion nor want to educate you.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 11:15 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You should understand that I am not your bro. If you cant find them, one eye, then I suggest that is typical of your attitude to Global Warming. If it disagrees with you, then you cant see it.
You are full of **** if you think people will believe you because you deny what I have presented as existing. If you are too lazy to go back and search for it, then stiff ! I put it on record and you are too stupid to find it. Until you can read with only one eye I am going to have to include that you are too incompetent for further discussion with and you should understand that I neither respect your opinion nor want to educate you.

You've got nothing to prove to me, for sure; after watching you make an idiot out of yourself when it comes to the marriage issue it's no surprise seeing you spout similar forms of idiocy here.

It's not the job of others to find data to support YOUR argument. It is your responsibility to support your own argument. When I bring things forward as facts, I am responsible for supporting them - and do so.

I neither expect you to nor care if you 'believe me.' My purpose here is to point out to the interested reader that you cannot support your argument, either with logic or factual evidence, and I believe that job has been fufilled primarily by your own stubborn behavior. People who can easily back up their arguments don't waste the time that you have complaining about being asked to do so.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 11:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

[
As the one making the positive assertion, the burden of proof falls on you. I think that you are incorrect in both your assessment and your limited understanding of thermal dynamics and climatology.

Please present your evidence, or stop making claims for which you have no supporting evidence.

Cycloptichorn

This apparently is Cyclo's favorite rhetorical device. He simply asserts that his interlocutor is "making assertions" and demands proof, preferably in the form of "links".

Odd isn't it when later on Cyclo blandly asserts that because the imagined consequences of climate or environmental change are so great, we should necessarily "be conservative" and presumably destroy a large fraction of the world's economy in the process. Sadly he offers no proof of either the consequences he infers; or of mankind's potential to significantly alter the dynamics of the earth's crust and atmosphere, which are already known to be volatile, dynamic and unpredictable. Indeed he doesn't even acknowledge the burden of proof which he so blithely lays on those who oppose him.

Frankly, I wonder just how great is his understanding of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, climatology and geology.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 01:49 am
@georgeob1,
George, you know you make unsourced assertions constantly. It isn't as if I'm revealing some great fact to you.

Quote:
Odd isn't it when later on Cyclo blandly asserts that because the imagined consequences of climate or environmental change are so great, we should necessarily "be conservative" and presumably destroy a large fraction of the world's economy in the process.

This statement would only be accurate if I supported 'destroying a large fraction of the world's economy.' I naturally do not. Such a statement is exaggerated for effect in the first place, and furthermore, I do not believe that the environmental legislation in question will add much burden to business at all.

Quote:
or of mankind's potential to significantly alter the dynamics of the earth's crust and atmosphere, which are already known to be volatile, dynamic and unpredictable. Indeed he doesn't even acknowledge the burden of proof which he so blithely lays on those who oppose him.

I have never claimed that mankind's actions have the potential to materially alter the crust of the Earth, so why you would mention that, I dunno.

I do in fact acknowledge the burden of proof that is laid upon me when I make my arguments. If there is an aspect of my argumentation that you believe requires greater proof, you have but to request.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 08:24 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
So are you willing to argue that an increase in the high/low for a day in no way reflects an increase in temperature?
Thats right. An increase in a high and a low does not indicate a rise in temp.
Quote:
Are you also willing to argue that it is as likely for the average temperature to be lower as it is higher if the high/low is higher?
Yes it is just as possible.

A winter day has a low of -3 and a high of 14. A summer day has a low of 53 and a high of 74. How is it "just as possible" for the winter day to be warmer than the summer day?
parados

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 08:27 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
You only have one eye so maybe you should look harder. I am not wasting my time chasing down things I have already researched and presented because you cant see them.

Good ole Ionus, doesn't have to present facts when he can just make sweeping claims that defy reality.

If you can tell us how it is "as likely" for a winter day can be warmer than a summer day based solely on the high/lows I will be happy to accept your reality. Otherwise you are just like ican and okie. Spouting about stuff you know nothing.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 01:01 pm
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
As of December 20, 2007, more than 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries have voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

Quote:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport#report
Botanist Dr. David Bellamy, a famed UK environmental campaigner, former lecturer at Durham University, and host of a popular UK TV series on wildlife, recently converted into a skeptic after reviewing the science and now calls global warming fears "poppycock." According to a May 15, 2005 article in the UK Sunday Times, Bellamy said that "global warming is largely a natural phenomenon. The world is wasting stupendous amounts of money on trying to fix something that can't be fixed." "The climate-change people have no proof for their claims. They have computer models which do not prove anything," Bellamy added. Bellamy's conversion concerning global warming did not come without a sacrifice, as several environmental groups have ended their association with him because of his views on climate change. The severing of relations came despite Bellamy's long activism for green campaigns. The UK Times reported Bellamy "won respect from hard-line environmentalists with his campaigns to save Britain's peat bogs and other endangered habitats. In Tasmania he was arrested when he tried to prevent loggers cutting down a rainforest." On July 1, 2007, in an op-ed titled "THE GLOBAL WARMING MYTH," Bellamy called man-made catastrophic global warming promotion "a political football that has lost its foundations in real science." "There are no facts linking the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide with imminent catastrophic global warming, there are only predictions based on complex computer models," he explained. Bellamy turned his skepticism on Gore, asking "Why scare the families of the world with tales that polar bears are heading for extinction when there is good evidence that there are now twice as many of these iconic animals, most doing well in the Arctic than there were 20 years ago? Why cry wolf on a rise in the spread of malaria thanks to rising temperatures when this mosquito borne disease was a main killer of people throughout the Little Ice Age in Britain and northern Russia?" (LINK)

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/global-jan-dec-error-bar-pg.gif
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/global-jan-dec-error-bar-pg.gif
Jan-Dec Global Mean Temperature over Land & Ocean
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/nhshgl.gif
Average Annual Global Temperature 1850-2009
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/nhshgl.gif
Average Annual Global Temperature 1850-2009
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:24 pm
No doubt this mess in Oklahoma is due to global warming:

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/794188/gallery_photo

Ionus

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It was supported, fool, and if you think disagreeing with you is some sort of mark then I wear it with pride. I have supplied the information and parados argued it for quite some time. People who are capable of going back a couple of months can find it for themselves. People who have followed this thread know I have supported it with facts. You dont want to acknowledge it which is a much as I can expect from a fool. I have provided it, you probably have found it, and this is a parados denial type of bullshit trick.
As for the marriage issue, if it is your hope that because you were wrong there you will be right here, the keep dreaming, one eye. That is apt though, you really do only see one side of an issue. No depth perception.
Make it interesting. If I support it, you will apologise and leave this thread. Too gutless ? All mouth and no back bone, one eye ?
I will say it again so even a fool can understand it. The temp used for calculating climate change from weather stations is the midway point between the min and max, not the average. Put up or shut up.
Ionus

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:04 pm
@parados,
Un beknownst to you, science uses the celsius system. If you had of done high school science you would know that.
Quote:
How is it "just as possible" for the winter day to be warmer than the summer day?
We already understand you are stupid and uneducated parados. Please do not embarrass yourself anymore. Do you think Global Warming Thuggees use each daily temp by itself ? They use the averages. These averages are meaningless unless the original data is correct.
Ionus

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:07 pm
@parados,
If all the facts were against Global Warming what would you do ? Support the rights of Fire Ants ?
You need something to help your boring hum drum existence. Why dont you do something usefull and show **** for brains one eye where the reference is ? I am too busy at the moment but you do remember the argument you put forward dont you ? You are continuing with it now.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 08:45 pm
@Ionus,
Yes, and those who understand science can also do the math to convert celsius to F.

So.. since you want to use celsius..

Explain how a winter day that has a low of -6 and a high of -2 can be warmer than a summer day that has a low of 16 and a high of 22.
parados

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 10:23 am
@okie,
That would be the result of winter okie.

Let me repeat something you still don't seem to understand. More CO2 doesn't change the tilt of the earth or the way it moves around the sun.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:39 am
@Ionus,
Quote:

Make it interesting. If I support it, you will apologise and leave this thread. Too gutless ? All mouth and no back bone, one eye ?

I will acknowledge that you have supported your position and move on with the conversation, but I won't apologize or leave the thread. Why would I? I've participated in this discussion for years before you arrived and will likely do so for years after. There's never a need to apologize for asking someone to back up their assertions with facts; that's basic argumentation and it is your duty to do so.

Your predilection for insult makes you weaker, not stronger. I wonder if you understand that most here see right through it. A pattern of doing so is the mark of a poor debater, not a strong one.

Cycloptichorn
Ionus

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 04:51 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Explain how a winter day that has a low of -6 and a high of -2 can be warmer than a summer day that has a low of 16 and a high of 22.
Why should I explain something I have not stated ? Something that is not true ? Why dont you explain why you wear womens clothing and hang out on street corners ?
Ionus

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 04:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Your predilection for insult makes you weaker, not stronger. I wonder if you understand that most here see right through it. A pattern of doing so is the mark of a poor debater, not a strong one.
Does this include you with terms like "spout similar forms of idiocy " ? Of course not ! How dare I ! If you choose to insult first and get the raw end of the attack, it is not your fault ! I know you have trouble with this, but look back through the thread. You were the first to insult but now it is a ...what did you call it ?....the mark of a poor debater...does this this tack of yours make you clever where you are because here you just look like a dickhead.