Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Adanac

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:04 pm
The lengths some will go to to "prove" global warming ........
Quote:
Wikipedia Meets Its Own Climategate

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/12/30/wikipedia-meets-its-own-climat
ican711nm

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 08:14 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So you think that humans moving around the earth will cause it to spin differently like ican proposed?

Parados, you poor fella. It was not my proposal, parados. It was, parados, my sarcastic parallel and ridicule of the allegations that human caused emissions of CO2 and other gases were causing global warming since 1910.
okie

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 08:51 pm
@Adanac,
I like this comment from your link, Adanac. I could not have said it better.

"Only idiots and those under 20 (oops, I repeat myself) believe Wikipedia is a believable and reliable source for anything."

But then we have to remember there are lots of suckers in the world today. After all, enough people were convinced by the suckered media to believe them that one inexperienced Chicago community community thug that was greatly influenced by Marxist friends and mentors, that he was actually a credible person, a great orator, and qualified to be president of this country. That still leaves me incredulous that such a thing could have actually happened in this country, but I guess it merely proves what P. T. Barnum said that a sucker is born every minute.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 08:56 pm
This is not only not surprising, but revealing, and rather hilarious. It also proves again that liberals are hypocritical and they do not relate to reality very well.

"AMBOY, Calif. " Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation in Congress on Monday to protect a million acres of the Mojave Desert in California by scuttling some 13 big solar plants and wind farms planned for the region. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/business/energy-environment/22solar.html?_r=1
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 09:02 pm
"The Financial Times blasted the non-agreement in today’s lead editorial, entitled “Dismal Outcome at Copenhagen Fiasco”:

An empty deal would be worse than no deal at all, said the White House before Mr Obama travelled to the Copenhagen summit. As the meeting ended, Barack Obama was calling the Copenhagen accord " the emptiest deal one could imagine, short of a fist fight " an “important breakthrough”. Mr Obama’s credibility at home and abroad is one casualty of this farcical outcome."

http://greenhellblog.com/2009/12/21/ft-calls-copenhagen-accord-dismal-fiasco/

As if Obama ever deserved any credibility in the first place. After all, he was nothing more than a community agitator in Chicago, thats it, thats all, and then he supposedly made a great speech at the DNC, his one claim to fame, but that was only the opinion of the media, and not a good one at that.

We have serious problems with this bunch in Washington, folks. Wake up.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 10:01 pm
@ican711nm,
Since it was off by a factor of 10^13 it could hardly be called "parallel". The only one you ridiculed was yourself ican.
ican711nm

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 12:28 pm
@parados,
How much is the "off by a factor" for the mythology that Human caused releases of CO2 caused a one degree Celsius increase in the average annual temperature 1910 to 2010?

Once you disclose that, we can then examine how much of a "parallel" with that mythology is the mythology I posted that human population growth and locations affect the axis of global rotation.
ican711nm

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 02:36 pm
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
As of December 20, 2007, more than 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries have voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

Quote:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport#report
Former California State Climatologist Jim Goodridge, a consultant for the California Department of Water Resources, authored a July 28, 2007 paper noting the impact of the sun on climate change. "Evidence for climate variation is inferred from the sunspot numbers. The ‘Solar Constant' sunspot relationship clearly suggests a long-range historic view of solar irradiance from 1500. The solar irradiance has been clearly increasing since 1940. The Maunder Minimum of sunspot numbers from 1660 to 1710 was clearly a time of worldwide cold temperatures. The year 1816 was known as the year without a summer," Goodridge wrote. Goodridge also blamed natural factors for the increase in temperatures in California since the 1970s. "The evidence for a major climate shift since the mid 1970s is quite real. California indices of rainfall and temperature have both shown an increasing trend since 1975. Physical changes in Earth weather systems that accompany the 1975 weather trend changes include the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) index, a 1975 change in the Atmospheric Angular Momentum (AAM) index and a 1940 increase in solar irradiance," he explained. "A comparison of the accumulated departure from average of the California temperature and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation Index (PDO) indices indicate both peaking about 1943 and generally declining until the major climate shift of 1975. Again, this suggests a 35-year lag time in solar influence," he added. (LINK)

okie

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:18 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
from more than two dozen countries have voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

Democrats and liberals describe "consensus" as getting their way, no matter how many disagree with them and what the evidence says. Another example is their health care, which they claim is being done openly, but we all know it is another fraud concocted by them behind closed doors.
parados

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:40 pm
@okie,
You can honestly say that with a straight face okie? Did you realistically look at the evidence? Or do you just think anyone that disagrees with them can't be the consensus?

Do you know what "consensus" means? The majority of scientists studying climate say their science shows anthropogenic global warming exists. That would be a consensus since anything more than 50% could be interpreted to be consensus and in this case we are talking 90% or more think something.
parados

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:41 pm
@ican711nm,
ican,

You are off by a factor of 10^2000. If you think I am wrong then supply your math to show otherwise.

ican711nm

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:50 pm
@parados,
Parados, I ask you: How much is the "off by a factor" for the mythology that Human caused releases of CO2 caused a one degree Celsius increase in the average annual temperature 1910 to 2010?

You answered: "You are off by a factor of 10^2000. If you think I am wrong then supply your math to show otherwise."

I did not ask you what is the factor you think I am off.
ican711nm

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 05:00 pm
@parados,
I DO NOT THINK THERE IS A CONSENSUS ABOUT WHAT WAS/IS THE CAUSE OF THE AVERAGE ANNUAL GLOBAL TEMPERATURE INCREASE OF ONE DEGREE CELSIUS OVER THE PERIOD 1910 TO 2010. IF YOU THINK THERE IS SUCH A CONSENSUS, PROVE IT BY A RELIABLE COUNT OF THE OPINIONS OF SCIENTISTS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED THEIR OPINION ON THAT CAUSE.
Quote:

http://unabridged.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/unabridged?va=consensus&x=22&y=8
Main Entry: con·sen·sus Pronunciation Guide
Pronunciation: knsen(t)ss
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): -es
Etymology: Latin, from consensus, past participle of consentire to feel together, agree -- more at CONSENT
1 a : harmony, cooperation, or sympathy especially in different parts of an organism b : group solidarity in sentiment and belief <a kind of unspoken consensus ... appeared -- Henry Dicks> <broad group consensus, as manifested in the folkways, mores, and other institutional usages -- H.A.Bloch>
2 a : general agreement : UNANIMITY, ACCORD <the consensus of their opinion, based on reports that had drifted back from the border -- John Hersey> b : collective opinion : the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned <in the consensus of a number of critics -- Current Biography>
3 : a formal statement of religious belief : CONFESSION
okie

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 09:47 pm
Interesting cold waves around many parts of the world lately. Here is the Central England results for December according to Hadley, and as I have quoted from Junk Science.com, we do not know how much to trust those guys, well we do know, we know that they should not be trusted, but we also know they will not cook the numbers downward. If they attempt to cook the numbers more than already done, it will be upward, so I think the cold results are probably at least that correct, if anything they would be understated. And Central England temp for December at 3.1°C. ranks as 257th out of 351 Decembers in terms of most warm, which means it was one of the coldest in the last 300 years or so.

http://junkscience.com/MSU_Temps/HadCET_mon.png

http://junkscience.com/MSU_Temps/Warming_Look.html#CET

"It occurs to us that the Central England Temperature set makes a good proxy for the northern hemisphere and examination of the plot drawn from Jones, P.D. and M.E. Mann. 2004. Climate Over Past Millennia suggest this is indeed the case. The Central England set suggests the northern hemisphere reached contemporary references temperatures in the 1940s (as shown by the NH HadCRUT2v track used by Jones and Mann) and likely did so in the 1830s and 1720s as well. Why do we mention this? Well, it certainly appears startlingly at odds with a rather more notorious northern hemisphere temperature graphic, doesn't it?

Whether the CET with its focus on the industrial heartland of England has been adequately adjusted for Urban Heat Island as claimed is a question frequently asked of us. The short answer is, of course, we don't know. This is something of a black box and the only one who can tell us, Phil Jones, has been rather reluctant to share raw data and methodology. Consequently it is necessary to second guess the situation and the only help we can find is the long-term air temperature series from Armagh Observatory, Northern Ireland. Below we have the Armagh Max, Min and Mean annual temperatures and the annual mean plotted with the CET absolute mean temperatures for the corresponding period."
parados

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 09:59 am
@ican711nm,
But you didn't provide any evidence of how you are not off so your question is off by the factor I supplied.
parados

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:07 am
@ican711nm,
This has been shown TIME and AGAIN ican.. I provided 2 letters signed by over 2000 scientists compared to your measly 400.

If you want to prove something ican, prove the count of the scientists in Inhofe's report is accurate. I'll give you a hint - some of them have no evidence of being scientists and some of them are counted more than once.

parados

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:24 am
@okie,
Quote:
Interesting cold waves around many parts of the world lately.

LOL.. You really are pretty silly okie. The northern hemisphere is currently in winter. OMG, it's cold in winter.. Drunk

What's causing cold weather in England.
Quote:
December was one of only two months in 2009 which had a below-average mean temperature.

Gee.. I didn't realize central England was now the entire globe.

Meanwhile.. -
Australia last year was well above the 30 year average for temperature
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/labor-seizes-on-temperature-figures-as-evidence-of-global-warming/story-e6frg6xf-1225816209762
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:40 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
December was one of only two months in 2009 which had a below-average mean temperature.

Gee.. I didn't realize central England was now the entire globe.

We had the very same here (and in most other parts of Germany): January and December 2009 were below average - but the year 2009 was 0.9° above average (giving it again a high rank in the top-temperatures of the last centuries ... like in the UK).
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:43 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
But you didn't provide any evidence of how you are not off so your question is off by the factor I supplied.

But you, parados, didn't provide any evidence to support the factor you supplied.

I did not supply any evidence to support my facetious idea that population quantities and locations affect the orientation of earth's rotation axis, because that idea does not deserve serious consideration.

The idea that Human caused emissions of CO2 into the atmosphere causes global warming is not supported by scientific evidence. It is supported only by fantasy models. Because of that, it too is a facetious idea.
ican711nm

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:54 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
I provided 2 letters signed by over 2000 scientists compared to your measly 400.

My "measely 400"--actually 462--contains not only the names of skeptical scientists. It contains the individually written opinions of 462 skeptical scientists.

Your alleged two letters of over 2,000 scientists did not supply any letters containing the individually written opinions of 2,000 supporting scientists.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
As of December 20, 2007, more than 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries have voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

Quote:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport#report
Geologist Bruno Wiskel of the University of Alberta recently reversed his view of man-made climate change and instead became a global warming skeptic. Wiskel was once such a big believer in man-made global warming that he set out to build a "Kyoto house" in honor of the UN sanctioned Kyoto Protocol which was signed in 1997. Wiskel wanted to prove that the Kyoto Protocol's goals were achievable by people making small changes in their lives. But after further examining the science behind Kyoto, Wiskel reversed his scientific views completely and became such a strong skeptic that he recently wrote a book titled The Emperor's New Climate: Debunking the Myth of Global Warming. A November 15, 2006 Edmonton Sun article explains Wiskel's conversion while building his "Kyoto house," saying, "Instead, he said he realized global warming theory was full of holes and ‘red flags,' and became convinced that humans are not responsible for rising temperatures." Wiskel now says "the truth has to start somewhere." Noting that the Earth has been warming for 18,000 years, Wiskel told the Canadian newspaper, "If this happened once and we were the cause of it, that would be cause for concern. But glaciers have been coming and going for billions of years." Wiskel also said that global warming has gone "from a science to a religion" and noted that research money is being funneled into promoting climate alarmism instead of funding areas he considers more worthy. "If you funnel money into things that can't be changed, the money is not going into the places that it is needed," he said.

By the way, some scientists are now claiming this winter in the northern hemisphere is the coldest in many years.