Overrated Black QB Headed to the Super Bowl

woiyo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:31 am
If I am not mistaken, both Q-Backs for the NFL All-Star Game for the NFC are McNabb and Michael Vick.

Both well deserving, both black...who cares?

Rush is an idiot.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:44 pm
I think one thing has to be remembered when discussing who is heading to a Super Bowl or not.

ONE MAN CAN NOT WIN YOU THE GAME BY HIMSELF!

No matter how good your QB, if the Offensive Line sucks, you lose.

No matter how good your Offensive Line is, if your Defense sucks, you lose.

No matter how good the Defence is, if the Running Backs and Recievers suck, you lose.

No matter how good your Running Backs and Recievers are, if your QB sucks, you lose.

I played football in my younger days and I can tell you that football is a TEAM sport. The reason Philadelpia is going to the Super Bowl is because all of the seperate parts of their TEAM worked together, better than every other TEAM they played.

Take a look at the Eagles TEAM Roster HERE .

Look at the Patriots Roster HERE you will not see a team made up of noting but whites or blacks, but a TEAM of many races who do it better than everyone else they played.

You will see peoples on many races who worked together to earn that trip to the Super Bowl.

This has nothing to do with race, it has to do with TEAMWORK.

The fact that a team with a black QB happens to be going to the Super Bowl is irrelevant ...

The TEAMS with the best TEAMWORK are going to the SB.

Just my 2 cents. (Pre tax)
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:48 pm
Good point, the QB though is given far too much credit when a team wins and too much blame wheh a team loses.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:53 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Good point, the QB though is given far too much credit when a team wins and too much blame wheh a team loses.

Depends...it's unfair for the media to portray "Peyton Manning can't win a Superbowl," when the fact is he's a great QB, when it's the team that just can't pull it together.

But when a team's successful, the QB HAS to be solid. Look how Tom Brady plays under pressure. He's not as athletic as Vick or McNabb, but he just executes. The Pats wouldn't have won that first Superbowl if Bledsoe stayed healthy.

But back on topic, the whole black/white thing in sports is retarded, especially considering what year we're in. There's nothing wrong with talking about race, but sometimes the media pushes it too far.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:01 pm
B
Chrissee wrote:
I got the chance to watch McNabb in person in college, he was never overrated, just someone who had not quite reached his NFL potential.

The black QB "controversy" was shattered long before McNabb came along.

You saw him play in college huh? Charlie Ward was a great college QB, where does he rate on The QB Scale?

Who shattered that controversy? Hall of Famer Doug Williams? Or was it Journeyman Warren Moon?

McNabb was overrated, period.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:02 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I would be interested in hearing Child of the Light's opinion of Daunte Culpepper.

Good young QB, still sometimes holds onto the play way too long. But overall, I'd take him over all but 4 or 5 QBs.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:04 pm
woiyo wrote:
If I am not mistaken, both Q-Backs for the NFL All-Star Game for the NFC are McNabb and Michael Vick.

Both well deserving, both black...who cares?

Rush is an idiot.

Vick playing in that game is a joke. He played subpar QB all year long. He can't throw the ball for **** and he makes some of the stupidest fuckin' decisions imaginable.

Favre should have gotten that last spot and I know of one person that will back me to the death. Occom.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:05 pm
I'd like to know why this thread doesn't just say overrated quarterback instead of overrated black quarterback...if the quarterback in question was white would you write overrated white quarterback?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:07 pm
It ties into what Rush said, and he brought race up.
0 Replies

BenDover

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 06:02 pm
yeah what a great super bowl he had!! hahahaha what a joke maybe they should get a real QB like...... someone.. white! oops i mean good!
0 Replies