1
   

Overrated Black QB Headed to the Super Bowl

 
 
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:35 pm
Ever since Rush made his ridiculous comment about Donavan McNabb, the QB has done everything to prove what a fatheaded drugged out idiot Rushbo is. Now Donanvan is headed to the big dance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,631 • Replies: 29
No top replies

 
Child of the Light
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:48 pm
Rush is an idiot, but he was right about Donovan. Until this year McNabb was hugely overrated. He played average QB for a team with a great coach, wonderful defense, and solid running game. In addition to that he plays in the weakest division. He gets 6 or 7 easy games a year, and ends up winning 11-12 games and getting a 1st round bye. He then would play and beat the weakest team in the playoffs. The next week he'd play a good team and get owned.

The media did over play McNabb's accomplishments in order to avoid seeming racist. Sports writing is a field of insanely tough criticism and, when you have hundreds of white sports writers ripping a black player, playing a traditionally white position, certain things will immediately come to mind. They didn't really care if McD did good or not, but when he played decent they would talk him up like he was Dan Marino. Every equality loving person wants to see stereotypes broken, and they sometimes try to force it. McNabb's past is a perfect example.

But now, I think McNabb is the 3rd best QB in The NFL behind Brady and Manning.

And if you don't believe McNabb's past years weren't that good, excluding one year in which he play 9 or so games, he had a QB rating of 80 or so, which is average.
0 Replies
 
panzade
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:17 pm
Well said
0 Replies
 
Chrissee
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:55 pm
I got the chance to watch McNabb in person in college, he was never overrated, just someone who had not quite reached his NFL potential. Back in the day, QBs were groomed on the bench for three years or more before they were thought to be ready for this level. Most QBs are going to through grwoing pains if they start as a rookie.

The black QB "controversy" was shattered long before McNabb came along.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:16 pm
Rush was right about the media perception of McNabb. Look at PA's old QB. Cordell Stewart was also overrated and people wished to see him do well so they talked him up. He turned out to suck and no longer plays as a 1st string QB.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:17 pm
I long for the day a man can be judged by the accuracy of his throwing arm, not the color of his skin.
0 Replies
 
gustavratzenhofer
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
I would be interested in hearing Child of the Light's opinion of Daunte Culpepper.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:26 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I long for the day a man can be judged by the accuracy of his throwing arm, not the color of his skin.


I agree. In order to have this happen we have to remove the idiots who think that because you say something negative about a black QB that you are a racist.

Rush wasn't talking about McNabb as much as he was about the sports media and their coverage of him. I happen to like McNabb even thought he put a beating on my team this year.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:29 pm
I get tired of the pushing and shoving to get an ideology in place where there ought to be none. I haven't listened to Rush since Clinton's first term and couldn't really care less what he has to say.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:39 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I get tired of the pushing and shoving to get an ideology in place where there ought to be none. I haven't listened to Rush since Clinton's first term and couldn't really care less what he has to say.


But the fact remains that any negative coverage of a black QB is seen as racist. Cordell Stewart is the perfect example of pumping up someone who isn't that good to look that good, because he was black.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:48 pm
You spend too much time thinking black/white, dude.
0 Replies
 
Chrissee
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:38 pm
Baldimo wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
I get tired of the pushing and shoving to get an ideology in place where there ought to be none. I haven't listened to Rush since Clinton's first term and couldn't really care less what he has to say.


But the fact remains that any negative coverage of a black QB is seen as racist. Cordell Stewart is the perfect example of pumping up someone who isn't that good to look that good, because he was black.


Nonsense, Kordell Stewart was roundly criticized for his poor play, you guys are living in the past. This black QB "controversy" was put to rest long ago. Micheal Vick has been widely criticized for scrambling too much and exposing himself to injury. McNabb was criticized before and after Rush's stupid comment.
0 Replies
 
panzade
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:47 pm
I hope then that there will be no race card when the Eagles meet the Patriots. And by the way...Culpepper had the best numbers for a quarterback in the whole league.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:53 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
You spend too much time thinking black/white, dude.


At time I don't have much of an choice, my wife being black has made me see things in a different light. Beleive it or not, in some parts of the country, people do look at couples differently.

Plus you also have to thank people like Jesse "The Con Artist" Jackson for making everyone see things in black/white.
0 Replies
 
Slappy Doo Hoo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:03 pm
Does anyone else realize what the announcers said prior to the Eagles/Falcons game?

Something along the lines of "this is the first playoff game with two African-American QB's facing each other."

WHO CARES!! Are we still in 1870?

All I know, is Scott Zolak may take the crown from Barry Bonds as "world's largest head."
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:08 pm
Playing the black wife, therefore-my-thinking's-straight routine means nothing. Blaming Jesse Jackson so arrogantly is foolish. He became what he is in a time blacks were throwing off the yoke of servitude, when blacks could be lynched with impunity and were considered too stupid to even hold a bus driver's job.
0 Replies
 
candidone1
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:57 pm
I think as long as their skin color enters into part of your assessment of them, it can be looked as racist.
Why not call him simply a quarterback?
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:04 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Playing the black wife, therefore-my-thinking's-straight routine means nothing. Blaming Jesse Jackson so arrogantly is foolish. He became what he is in a time blacks were throwing off the yoke of servitude, when blacks could be lynched with impunity and were considered too stupid to even hold a bus driver's job.


Have you ever dated someone that isn't white? I have and things are a little different, it does have a difference on your thinking. While you talk about diversity, I live it.

Jesse "The Con Artist" Jackson became obsolete when he started shaking down companies so his buddies could get jobs as "advisors". He became obsolete almost 20 years ago. He manufactures racism to keep his face in the spotlight. When he wants to charge black farmers in the south to make an appearance for a cause of theirs, he has become a con artist. For him it is about the money and the power, he could careless about the modern day black man.

You speak of "throwing off the yoke of servitude" as if slavery ended 40 years ago instead of almost 150. Drop the act for the con artist.
0 Replies
 
Magus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:26 pm
Rush casts his seeds in fertile soil... rousing a chorus of sneers from like-minded vicarious "participants".

The bloviating gasbag blathers well enough, but I venture that el Rushbo' probably couldn't even run 50 yards (unless the IRS was after him).
His criticism of McNabb is therefore ludicrous.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:48 am
I have dated outside my race, have a rainbow of color in my family, and definitely see that you don't know the first thing about the history of civil rights, baldimo. Legal slavery ended with the Civil War, but oppression of black people lasted into the late 20th Century. If you go to a place like Vidor, Texas, you will quickly learn that pockets of it still exist.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Should cheerleading be a sport? - Discussion by joefromchicago
Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009? - Discussion by realjohnboy
tennis grip - Question by madalina
How much faster could Usain Bolt have gone? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Sochi Olympics a Resounding Success - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Overrated Black QB Headed to the Super Bowl
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/20/2024 at 06:53:41