I am in love with produce again.

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:14 am
Hey have you ever regiven yourself over to Potatoes again? Well on Crete you can taste produce that reactivates ones praise for those things that have sustained us for so many years.It is a real joy to see my garlic spouting and onions and the blessed potatoes send forth roots to prove they are alive and better than ever.

How did we in North America fall victum to irradiated goods all for the profit of the distributors .There comes such a jpy into my sould that the things I am eating are alive and growing with real life force....

Fort instance the potatoes are so good here one would thing anyoner elses are genetically altered misfits that are not really fit for human consumption.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,359 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:00 am
The wold green here in full bloom are the healthiest in the world. Imagine eating them with fresh organic olive oil and natural lemon and sea salt and let me tell you if you need a boost to get off the rotten self life of irradiated goods from NA here is the place to return to the good life.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:50 am
It is a mistake to think that you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Who said that? I forget. Ol Dougie Adams 'praps.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:44 am
I grow my own produce in Upstate NY or I go to farmer's markets or our local food co-op. I love to introduce people to asparagus snaped out of the earth, most people have never seen it in growing from the ground. A friend from NYC thought potatos grew on vines like melons and was surprised when I told her she had to dig for them - of course, this is the same woman whose six year old daughter asked me when the rabbits would lay a egg Shocked -it's that darn Easter thing that confused her.

We are clueless about our food - what it should taste like and where it comes from. I do think there is a trend away from the processed, sprayed, trucked over land for a week stuff - the question is will there be any small farms left to meet the demand? One of our most beautiful local farms was just sold to a developer who plans to put up condos and a strip mall - it's just too sad.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 04:42 am
The variety of wild greens are in full bloom on Crete right now.They are such a delight esp. if you are not taking vitamens and see yourself urinating a beautifull natural yellow urine chalk full of real life.
0 Replies