after watching JFK--- Shocked, Suspicious, Confused

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 07:57 am
Lightwizard wrote:
There are many books including the scientific studies of primarily the paths of the bullets and the study of the Zapruder film. I don't believe Kristie is stating her personal opinion with just "a full two days" of study (it is unnecessary to shout out your opinion). She's obviously been read a lot of the material, perhaps all of it, debunking the Warren Report as well as supporting it and the new theories of what took place. I've read enough to question the Warren Report's accuracy but not to lead to any believably concrete alternative. "JFK" was a good film and Oliver Stone never meant it to be taken as absolute fact. It's conjecture based on his own scepticism of the Warren Report. I believe it is obvious one should be sceptical of Oswald being the only shooter but until there is something more presented than conspiracy theories without much to back them up, there's only those who have completely access to the factual material, especially the questionable autopsy, who might be closer to the answer.
As Kristie has also pointed out, I don't believe we will know the answers in our lifetime and perhaps the final historical account will never be written.

:wink: Thanks lightwizard Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
That's okay, I got the message that you've spent some time in the past going over written material about the assassination. Just watching "JFK" which is what a lot of the public has likely done and buying into Stone's conclusions is as much a lack of good judgement as swallowing the Warren Report vertbatim. Again, Stone has stated categorically that he was proposing that questions should be asked about the validity of their conclusions and it has inspired many to do just that. That some believe on some skimpy evidence that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll, for instance, is just as much in question.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
I hear ya. It's just one of those things that if given enough time and scientific lingo one can "prove" anything concerning the assassination. There have been people who swear that they have the shots on tape from one of the police in the motorcade. They can "prove" it to anyone who doesn't understand acoustics. They convinced a lot of people. Course, someone came along and disproved it so....

There are too many pieces missing, in my opinion, to really know what happened. We can speculate and theorize and form our own opinion about the events but I really doubt that any one scenario can be proved beyond a doubt. And I don't know that any one scenario ever will be proven beyond a doubt. One, because people are way to suspicious to believe that a little dorky nut case like Oswald could take out the president all by himself and two because we are missing valuable evidence. **shrug** Even if we don't ever find out what happened, it's interesting to learn about it and think that perhaps, we are right.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:00 pm
It's same ridiculous supposition that is promoted by the "we didn't go to the moon" conspiracy theorists. The flag planted on the moon is waving! Like even the special effects people they suspect who worked on "2001: A Space Odyssey" would have let that slip by. NASA has actually addressed all of the image anomalies and it has somewhat silenced the perpetrators of misinformation.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:06 pm
For an entertaining ARTISTIC angle on the story, read "Libra" by Don DeLillo. It's a novel, so don't, please attack it as bad history. He gets into the heads of the key players; I've read it twice and loved it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:07 pm
We landed on the moon? Shocked

Laughing sorry...I just had to... Laughing

I am feeling especially silly today.

Libra? I might have to read it just for the helluvit. Thanks.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:19 pm
We landed on the moon more than once, silly. Of course, the later color photographs are not addressed by the silly conspiracy theorist who saw the movie about the faked Mars trip, "Capricorn One," and decided it applied to the Lunar missions.

Hey, D'artagnan, I've heard of the novel but never read any reviews. I'll add it to my book list (I've already read "The Three Musketeers" do I am well aware of your swordsmanship).

Is this "let's get silly" day?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:27 pm
We landed more than once? Shocked

I think this should be an official "let's get silly" day. Maybe it will lighten up a few of the perpetually grumpy posters here. Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:11 pm
I sometimes think it's "let's get silly" day most days here at a2k. One frequent flyer posts messages about Mars flooding the U.S. No lie...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:14 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
I sometimes think it's "let's get silly" day most days here at a2k. One frequent flyer posts messages about Mars flooding the U.S. No lie...

I think you're right about the "let's get silly" here....but I love it because it's an outlet. Life is so serious, sometimes you just gotta say "hey, who stole my banana?" Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:25 pm
Well, just what we're using that banana for? I don't know if I would want touch it 'cause I don't know where it's been so I'm not the culprit.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:27 pm
Oh, I wasn't complaining about the silliness. I especially enjoy the passion with which some folks argue for the most absurd ideas!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:29 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Well, just what we're using that banana for? I don't know if I would want touch it 'cause I don't know where it's been so I'm not the culprit.

Wouldn't you like to know.....

muahhhhhhaaaaaaa!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:35 pm
Laughing Actually, no.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:55 am
I am back.

SOrry for let you alone talking without the host :wink:

Well, now, do you have any means or any day to find our the real truth of the case?
I mean years later when the secret archives are unclassified. ANd at that time the lengthy debate will be likely to end?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 08:43 am
I don't think there are any secret archives. I think that if there were documents that would reveal the truth, they would have been destroyed a long long time ago. Or they are in a trunk in someones attic, unbeknownst to them. Wouldn't that be frickin' awsome? Up there digging in grandma's attic and there you find the missing link to the JFK case..... Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:34 am
That could be true but the fact that the there are still classified materials leads me to believe there could be some facets of the investigation that might lead to different conclusions, especially ongoing investigations after the Warren report was published. This is not a case closed IMHO.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 05:26 am
Another point worth mentioning:

In the film, the little District Attorney was infuriated by his own government-----He believed his government was not that good because some politicions tried to conceal the truth even by killing without worring about the laws. And he felt he was obligated to pursue the truth. He nearly did it.

I feel a sense of shame. In China, there must have been more ugly things than you have. And basically people have no rights and no abilities to know it.

This is another thread in my mind after watching the film. I feel sad..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:46 am
JB, I am not sure I understand what you mean? Why are you sad? Because we were/are more concerned with our shady government?
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:47 pm
Sorry Embarrassed

I am more concerned about my country. Confused
0 Replies