Planning a GAP YEAR trip to India, Europe

mozaiik

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:09 pm
Hi guys! I'm relatively new to this site.

I'm planning to take a year off between High School and University to travel around the world, relax, and figure out what I actually want to do in life (for now). I'm planning to work, full time, from July or August, all the way to January of 2006 to save for the trip. This is also going to cover part of my residence fee for univeristy. I'm supposed to teach at an International school in India for a while, and of course I'll go around to GOA and all of those chill places. I don't plan on spending all that much money in India. When I was in East Africa I quickly learned that there are two ways to visit a country, and I plan to travel the 'thrifty' way, because saving for this kind of a thing on 7.00 an hour sucks. My second leg of the journey will take me to Europe, and I plan to travel these countries for about 2 months with my friends. This is obviously going to be the most expensive part, with the World Cup, and Love Parade happening in Munich.

I'm really having a hard time saving right now. I'm extremely restless and I don't know if I can come up with the money to get there. I have a job, but I'm also at school right now so I can't a serious one. Does anybody have any suggestions for me right now? I'm really restless, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. How much do you think this trip is going to run me? I plan on spending the least amount of money and having the most amount of fun. I'm gonna stay in India for 4 or 5 months, and I think that's going to cost me around $3000.

Any suggestions or tips? I don't want money to stop my dreams. I'm not only looking for financial suggestions either, any suggestions to help me out, about anything, it would be appreciated. .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 2
No top replies

imperialracing

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 05:07 am
0 Replies

Pepito

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:49 am
You did not mention what kind of fun you want to have. I would suggest Thailand for fun. Certainly not India. Thais are very accomodating people and can give you anything what you want. You can go from one extreme and meditate in a Buddhist monastery or you can be absolutely decadent with drugs, women (or men), alcohol, etc. Thailand is also great for sports, beaches, architecture, and general local culture. Thailand is not as cheap as India, primarily becuase there is more to spend your money on.
0 Replies