Vitalism vs. mechanism

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Just reread everything, and get a dictionary while you're at it.
Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:32 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I am sorry Fil. My harsh tone was uncalled for. I can only blame this particular day, which has left me unusually flustered... But it seems that we are going around eachother because neither of us has english as his main language...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:34 pm
@Cyracuz,
oh no...that kind of approach is not neither honest nor well intended...
..if you want me to be arrogant I just will say that I am convinced of being far more literate at large than you...(not that I think that your knowledge is n´t well above the average)

You confuse being informal and mostly dismissive or uninterested with not knowing what I am talking about, a classic mistake...to that ad my English insufficient control and a tendency to neologisms to convey new ideas...you see poorly concerning what I know or don´t know...not a problem to me, your loss !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:36 pm
@Cyracuz,
well...that is a different approach...forget my reply ! Rolling Eyes
Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:42 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Well, in the interest of productive communication, I think we are misunderstanding eachother. I will have another look at it tomorrow, because right now I am too tired.
Have a good night Smile
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:52 pm
@Cyracuz,
Good night to you to, be well ! Wink
JLNobody

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 10:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'm attracted to the cognitive style of "vitalism", for example Bergson's Elan Vital and Nietzsche's Will to Power. They grant a kind of uberlife to Nature. I appreciate the mechanism of Darwin's Evolution, especially natural selection as its central mechanism, but ultimately it must rest on biological-chemical forces for the energy needed to carry on Nature's business.
0 Replies