THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 02:27 am
@msolga,
Ah yes, instead of surf'nturf, we have National Emblem with onion jam and verjuice on a bed of tender braised koala leaves....

That's one hell of a drumstick, mind you.....but you'd starve on a wing...
dadpad

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 05:52 am
@dlowan,
Dont bother with emu.
I've tried an emu burger and it is DRY, so dry I couldnt fininsh it. I threw the meat away and ate it as warm salad roll.
dadpad

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 05:53 am
@msolga,
Thanks anyway Msolga. No car. I'll mention readings book shops to her.
msolga

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:31 pm
@dadpad,
Quote:
No car.

Then a good map of the area, dapdad. With public transport clearly shown. Most roads, trams, trains (in that area lead to St Kilda). Accomodation close to public transport. It can be done.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:33 pm
@dlowan,
We've got to grit our teeth & do it for the good of the country .... or so we're told!

Makes you think of going 100% vego again, doesn't it?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:35 pm
@dadpad,
Quote:
Dont bother with emu.

OK!

I'll give emu a miss! Wink
dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 04:56 am
@msolga,
Emu stew? Emu curry?

WET dishes...cooked slowly....

Or marinated emu.

dadpad

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 07:40 am
@dlowan,
Emu oil is quite nice. there are stories of mallee settlers living off the emu population whilst they were trying to establish their flocks. I guess if you were hungry......
and I think thats the point we are so used to having the best of everything that we dont truly appreciate what it means to be hungry anymore
msolga

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:10 am
@dlowan,
Nah. I don't think so.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 04:35 pm
I love kangaroo.

Emu - not just now, thank you very much!
hingehead

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:53 pm
@margo,
Come on, they're just big chooks...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 06:17 pm
Terribly sad at this news this morning. Her poor family.:

Family shattered as Britt confirmed dead
Posted 4 hours 42 minutes ago
Updated 1 hour 0 minutes ago

Dale and Elke Lapthorne have been told that the body found in the Adriatic sea last Monday is that of their missing daughter Britt .....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/11/2388276.htm
Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:26 am
@msolga,
Yes, I saw. I can't for the life of me imagine what it must be like to bury a child.

And I couldn't imagine what it would be like for them if she wasn't found.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:37 am
@msolga,
An absolute tragedy msolga, there would have to be foul play and a local involved I suspect, hope they find the culprit soon. Sad journey home for the father and brother with their daughter and sister remains.
msolga

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:58 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy, I can't say with any certainty whether foul play was involved or not. I'm in no position to know. But it seems that most of the assistance, the useful information, that her family received was via helpful locals, journalists & through MySpace, Facebook sources .... It really didn't appear that the local authorities were very useful or on top of things at all. Which is why Britt's father went there himself, in complete frustration with the efforts of the local authorities to trace his missing daughter. Now (according to tonight's ABC News) he's requesting that Australian authorities conduct tests here to ensure that the remains are, in fact, his daughter. I feel terribly sad for her family & the stress they've been put through ... say nothing of their terrible grief at their loss. Awful, just awful. Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:51 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
An absolute tragedy msolga, there would have to be foul play.....

Looks like you may well be right, Dutchy. Sigh.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/why-would-somebody-do-this-20081012-4z60.html?page=-1
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 05:00 am
No answers. Just more questions. Sigh.:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/britt-autopsy-report-fails-to-determine-cause-of-death-20081013-4zbz.html?page=-1
Dutchy

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 05:37 am
@msolga,
msolga I have absolutely no faith in the way this whole terrible affair has been conducted sofar. I'm convinced should Australian forensic examiners conduct a further autopsy on the remains, something the family has indicated, they will come up with the only answer, clues which will indicate foul play.
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 05:45 am
@Dutchy,
I really hope that her family get some answers which make some sort of sense & before too long, Dutchy. I don't think they'll achieve any sort of peace till then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:44 pm
@dadpad,
dadP, did you roll yourself in emu oil and roll down a hill?

wherefore the heck are you?