THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

Builder

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:56 am
@ascribbler,
And I have a bachelor's degree in education, but am fully aware of fragility of the system for gaining such a status.

Tony, or the s'Tone'r as I prefer to call him, has often demonstrated quite clearly why a university degree means very little in real life.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:18 pm
@ascribbler,
Quote:
and his daughter won a scholarship too.

Uh, no, she didn't 'win' it.

Tony Abbott's daughter was given scholarship for $60,000 design degree

It was arbitrarily awarded by the chairman of the Whitehouse Institute of Design in Sydney and there are no published criteria, or even announcements of availability. The chairman is/was an Abbott donor. Abbott did not declare this gift on his parliamentary interests register.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 04:07 am
We are paying for the government to use Rupert Mudroch's network, to push the uptake on the flu vaccination, locally represented by Malcolm Turnbull's wife.

Like I've said before; we've become a sacrifice zone.
Kris148

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 09:33 pm
@Builder,
This forum is dead. Sayonara.
ascribbler

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:25 am
@Kris148,
Quote:
This forum is dead. Sayonara.

All the more reason for your brain to stay.

You could master the intricacies of the cadence required in line two of a limerick.

Or be apprised of such dictional gems as

Quote:
I am also ok selling off our resourses cheaply to our friends and allies.

and the concomitant

Quote:
Some Brits are living in Cookoo land still thinking they possess their empire.

Here's an ozzie song in remembrance.

0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:04 pm
Not sure what's really going on with locking Aussies inside their accommodation without warning in Victoria.

Anyone got the goss that isn't from Uncle Rupert's propaganda machine?

margo

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 07:39 pm
@Builder,
Try the ABC.

Unbiased reporting always.
Builder

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 08:33 pm
@margo,
Bit busy at the moment. We manage accommodation, and it's flat outski.

Not much on ABC about it last night, but talk on social media is that they'll be receiving a "trial run" of a vaccine, as part of their tenure, as they're all long-term tenants of BAS (housos).

Can we say, Tuskagee Experiment?
cherrie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 09:20 pm
@Builder,
I haven't heard anything about that but I seriously doubt they'd be allowed to just use these people as guinea pigs.

I can't imagine what they're going through right now. Living in those towers would be hell on earth on a good day, but to be locked in and not allowed out for any reason would be so much worse.
Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 01:51 am
@cherrie,
Quote:
...but to be locked in and not allowed out for any reason would be so much worse.

I'm actually quite concerned that it is setting a precedent. Prior to these total tenement lockdowns, whole streets in selected "hot spots" have received text messages en masse, instructing them to not leave their house for any reason, because mandatory testing will be taking place.

Testing people who are showing no signs nor symptoms is absolutely against all the protocols of society, for mine.
cherrie

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:01 am
@Builder,
There's no mandatory testing being done in Melbourne. Not even in the towers. There is door knocking in the suburbs that were locked down again but that's to inform the residents that testing is available to them.

39 suburbs are in lockdown at the moment, but tomorrow all of Melbourne and one adjoining shire will be back in lockdown. I think it's only a matter of time before this extends to all of Victoria.
Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:45 am
@cherrie,
Quote:
There's no mandatory testing being done in Melbourne.

Not even in the towers.

Well, that's a relief.

When we all have to rely on uncle Rupert to deliver the goods, social media becomes the last backstop.
Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 04:00 am
@Builder,
It's obvious (as per usual) that haters are gonna hate, but it appears I've been stripped of the "privelidge" of returning the favour.

WTF is with that, admin?
cherrie

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 04:09 am
@Builder,
If you're referring to the disappearing thumbs that's been happening a bit lately. You can still click on where they should be and that will work.
Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 04:13 am
@cherrie,
**** me! It's now a lefty-righty click button?

Holy son-of-a-sinner on-beggings.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 09:54 pm
@cherrie,
https://www.facebook.com/lesa.fisherpatten/videos/3151129788277372/

Looks like the count has been flawed from the get-go.
hightor

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 03:58 am
@Builder,
Not if you want to know how many people died with covid-19.
Builder

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 05:15 am
@hightor,
I want to know if Covid-19 was the cause of death; wouldn't you?

Australian doctors aren't bullshitting the public about causality, meaning with a population of 24 million, we have a confirmed death toll of just 104 people.

We do have superior health care, and realistic drug prices, so I guess that has to be taken in to account.
hightor

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 05:31 am
@Builder,
Quote:
I want to know if Covid-19 was the cause of death; wouldn't you?

Sure...but the information isn't useless — it's good to know not only how lethal the disease is but how widespread, as well.

There's also the fact that many of those people may have been pushed over the edge because of the stress the disease put on their already weakened bodies. If someone diagnosed with cancer who has been given a few weeks to live happens to wander into traffic and gets hit by a car it's not incorrect to say he died in a car accident.
Builder

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 05:43 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Sure...but the information isn't useless

Fuckin' oath it's useless. How is anyone going to get a reality-based concept of the problem, when statistics are so clearly fault-filled?

Quote:
There's also the fact that many of those people may have been pushed over the edge because of the stress......

The stress of the fear-factor of a bullshit driven agenda will do far more damage to the psyche than the rest of your propaganda-based assumptions.

You need some updates to your data base, son, and they're not coming from the media.