THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 02:06 am
@dlowan,
Laughing

Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:19 am
@msolga,
One hell of a game msolga but we won! Power 97 - Crows 74
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:34 am
@Dutchy,
Glad you had a really good time, Dutchy.

Well done, Power. (Is there anyone who actually likes the Crows? Wink )

You know, I haven't been to an AFL match in years!

I wonder how the mighty maggies did today?
Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:41 am
@msolga,
Collingwood plays Carlton tomorrow so you have ample time to make it to the match msolga. I'm sure Eddy 'everywhere' will welcome you with open arms. Smile
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:08 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
I'm sure Eddy 'everywhere' will welcome you with open arms. Smile

You've gotta understand this, Dutchy.

It is one helluva disadvantage to work in Victorian schools & NOT follow AFL football!

The students expect you to be as excited about it all as they are!

So when they ask the inevitable question, I always say: "I support the BEST team. EVERYONE know who THEY are!" (In very superior, smarmy fashion! Razz ) Which leads to guessing games, then cheers, jeers & poo-pooing when they finally hit on the "right" team!

So I guess I'd better start paying attention again, hey? Before they start asking any in-depth questions, like about last weekend's game, etc. If I don't do a bit of serious catching up I'm going to lose all credibility! Wink
0 Replies

ragnel

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:21 am
@msolga,

Quote:

You calling me a clown, ragnel?

NEVER!!! (I was playing Pagliacci)
(One day I will figure out -
1 - How to copy forward previous posts; and
2 - How to import emoticons.
then I can apologise properly!)
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:46 am
@ragnel,
Surprised
Absolutely no apology necessary, ragnel!
You do realize I was being silly, don't you? Very Happy

By "import emoticons" do you mean from elsewhere (other than the available A2K ones) ?

Copying from previous posts is easy:

Just highlight the text you want to copy with your mouse (from the previous post.)

Right click. Then click "copy"

Click "quote" (from the box above the area you're typing in. :

[quote][/quote]

then click between the middle of the two quote brackets:

[quote]Absolutely no apology necessary, ragnel![/quote]

I hope that's not too hard to understand. I may not be the clearest right now, sorry. A bit tired.

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:09 am
@ragnel,
ragnel wrote:

NEVER!!! (I was playing Pagliacci)
(One day I will figure out -
1 - How to copy forward previous posts; and
click on quote
2 - How to import emoticons.
after clicking the reply button, you type into a text box.

Above the text box are a number of selections. Play with them.

To bold, quote or change size/colour a section of text that you have typed left click and highlight the text you wish to emphasise. click on B for bold I for italics u for underline. Type size and colour can also be changed

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:12 am
@dadpad,
Thanks, dp.
I am sinking fast here.
I hope I haven't confused you, ragnel. Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:09 pm
The dishy Aussie is in the final. (I've been assured he is dishy by experts.)
margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:25 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

The dishy Aussie is in the final. (I've been assured he is dishy by experts.)

Of course! But wot final!?
Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:47 pm
@margo,
Yes spendi what final, been wondering about that myself. The only Aussie dish that I know who is in a final today is Samantha Stosur in the Rome tennis tournament.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:51 pm
Well....go Sam, anyway!
0 Replies

ragnel

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:34 pm
@dadpad,
Thank you so much dadpad - now I know what 'Open BBCode Editor' does! Embarrassed

It is sooo easy when you know how! Very Happy

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:50 pm
@ragnel,
No problem Ragnel. pleased to help
Now for images.
If you wish to post one of your own photo images it will need to be hosted on line.
I use photobucket, its free. http://register.photobucket.com/step1/index
There other hosting programs like tiny pic and image shack.

Once you have uploaded your photo to the hosting program of your choice point or click on it and you should find an image url like... http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/echidna1.jpg

Paste the url for your pic into the reply text box on A2k. Right click on that url in your reply text box and highlite it. Click on the BBcode button img above the reply text box doing so will surround the url with the following tags, [img] [/img].
Its usually a good idea to preview (next to the reply button) to make sure you have completed the operation correctly. Then click reply. you're done

0 Replies

ragnel

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:53 pm
@msolga,
Of course you were kidding. I knew that, I was just milking the fake dramatic self-pity a tad.

I was referring to the A2K emoticons. (I did manage to import my avatar when I registered - stretching it to emothingies is a bit much to ask! Rolling Eyes

And thank you also for your advice. It does make sense to me. I think I have tried every heading that appears on screen EXCEPT the right one. (All part of the reason I have taken so long to register to go on line. I gets a bit confused and lost in all this gol-darn modern gadgetry and all that tiny, pale green writing is hard for me to see.)

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 10:07 pm
And while we are at it you can link from other web pages in a similar manner.
This is called hot linking.
copy the URL for the page from your browser.

http://able2know.org/topic/138474-1

paste it into the reply text box. click reply

similar for images. right click on the image you wish to show. select something like copy link location from the drop down box. copy/Paste this url into the reply text box at able2know, then right click ,drag and highlite it then click on bbcode editor [img].
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 10:13 pm
Quote:
I gets a bit confused and lost in all this gol-darn modern gadgetry and all that tiny, pale green writing is hard for me to see.)

Yes i agree and it is important that forum developers know this. Using the forum should be intuitive. Things should be where and in a format people can easily see and use them.
Tutorials are all very well but if you cant find them they are useless.
Thats why feedback is so important.
0 Replies

ragnel

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:11 am
@hingehead,
Congratulations Neil Robertson!

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world_championship10_news.htm

G'donyer mate! Very Happy
spendius

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 01:13 pm
@ragnel,
Yes but how come it took a Pommie to inform you lot of the event.

Quote:
And an Australian trouser is in the World Snooker semi-final and leading 4-0 in a best of 33 frames match with a Brit.

I'm afraid that our man, the Pocket Dynamo, a wee Scotsman with an Italian accent, (that's a joke for the serious literature fanatics), got rather tired by the last session. Whether it was due to the gruelling match he had with Mark Selby the night before he stepped into the arena with Mr Robertson, the Thunder from Down-Under, who was well rested after winning his semi-final with the ex-airline pilot, Ali Carter, a fairly easy win too, or the dramatic breaking news that was shaking Scottish snooker about "unusual betting patterns" being associated with his countryman and ex-World Champion John Higgins, the Wizard from Wishaw, or that his most deliciously cuddly spouse had joined him in Sheffield so that she could be on TV sharing the glory now that he had got into the final.

The camera regularly cut to her sat in the audience weeing in her knickers thinking what they could get with the prize money and to the two little monsters they had spawned together, one of whom looked confused, as well he might, and the other didn't give a ****. She had travelled down the night before after he beat Mark Selby, whose stage name I forget, The Jester from Leicester from Google. She was talked about in those soft silky tones which matched the soft silky lighting in which she bathed which came from the bright overhead lamps over the green baize and which were very flattering.

Which is probably just as well for when it came to cutting to the lady who had come all the way from Aussieland, at the last moment, when she heard her son had beat Ali Carter, the Flying Foreskin, in order to be on telly and maybe get a small piece of the action. She was accompanied by her "partner" who looked how one might imagine Chips Rafferty to have looked had one been unaware of what Chips Rafferty looked like. Which I'm not. One of my earliest marathon giggling fits was seeing a film of Chips singing Waltzin' Matilda on a sandy bank in what looked like a dried up river bed. It was almost as good as Al Jonson doing Mami. After Subterranean Homesick Blues gets in your veins you can't help giggling. Try listening to Strangers in the Night after listening to Just Like Tom Thumb Blues in its 1981 reincarnation.

Anyway-- I won't say "I digress" because you all know I digressed and it would be insulting your intelligences to tell you as a way of flanelling out the words to get the required number done to fit on the page so that there's room for the ads, like with the coal carrier crash articles. As I was saying--anyway--she was in an even darker shade of soft-silky and some very nice things were said about her too.

The commentators forbore to even hint, as our man started to sken in about the 20th frame, that Dottie, as I call the Pocket Dynamo, had been in bed all night with a wife-squeeze as cuddly as you couldn't think up in a fantasy after nearly two weeks of ascetic discipline and dedication to potting and ball position practice as he ground through the early rounds and the Thunder from Down Under had been saying Goodnight to his Mum as her taxi pulled away to take her to another hotel accompanied by his step-partner.

But didn't she hug him when he'd won. It probably runs on her side of the family.

He looks a great lad though. But he did upset a few intellectuals by taking five minutes over one particular shot. It is difficult for an intellectual to imagine taking five minutes over a simple shot at snooker, and it certainly wasn't a difficult choice, when this weary world of woe is surveyed. It is wanting to win a little too much.

The Australian cricket teams are regularly criticised for that by sporting gentlemen.