THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:57 am
@msolga,
Who is he?
msolga

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:00 am
@dlowan,
A cute little chubby vicious killer! Wink

(are you kidding?)

msolga

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:03 am
@msolga,
This is the part that interests me.
Something rotten in the state of Victoria?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/williams-taskforce-to-probe-dirtycop-allegations-20100421-suob.html?autostart=1
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:29 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

A cute little chubby vicious killer! Wink

(are you kidding?)

No.

I know who you mean now, but I didn't recognize him.

Something rotten in Victoria?

Indubitably, I'd say. I presume you have to pay prison officers to be that negligent...although you never know.
msolga

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:32 am
@dlowan,
He had an arrangement to "name names", apparently. He was killed not long after one of the local newspapers announced that the police were paying his daughter's private school fees. (can you believe that?)
dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:14 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

He had an arrangement to "name names", apparently. He was killed not long after one of the local newspapers announced that the police were paying his daughter's private school fees. (can you believe that?)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Truth is weirder than fiction!!! I see the next series of Underbelly is being written as we speak!!!!!

Sometimes I miss working in Corrections....never a dull moment....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:34 pm
Is murdering a vicious murderer wrong? Justifiable? Just plain sick?
dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:03 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Is murdering a vicious murderer wrong? Justifiable? Just plain sick?

No different from murdering anyone else...unless in self-defence...I think. It FEELS less immoral, but I see no justification for it other than primitive revenge.

The implication is that he was murdered to stop him naming corrupt officials.

Whilst I understand a desire to murder someone to protect myself from ruin and imprisonment EMOTIONALLY, I think it remains utterly immoral.

So speaketh a wabbit.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:06 pm
@margo,
I tend to not think sick. More like calculated. He was going to spill his guts for concessions. Someone arranged for his guts to be pre-spilt to protect their ass. Kudos that head of police raised the spectre of IAB immediately.
msolga

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 03:29 am
@hingehead,
It was inevitable, almost, that there'd be an ending like this for him at sometime down the track. The only thing that surprised me (at first) was that it happened in a high security prison. Then, after not too much thought, I'm not surprised at all. Why not? I sort of figures.
We locals have watched on as these crass idiots have killed each other off on our streets for years now, with a sort of bemused detachment. So long as they knocked each other off & steered clear of ordinary people in their "gang wars", we figured there'd be few of them left standing before too long. It is hard to feel any connection at all to such people at all.

msolga

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:04 am
@msolga,
(please excuse typos above, folks. End of a long, hard day!)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 05:04 pm
lovely lovely rain.
Its nice to go to sleep and then wake up the next morning to the sound of rain.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 02:04 pm
loving all the anzac podcasts

Anzac Dreams and Realities
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/spiritofthings/stories/2010/2877638.htm

Anzac Memories
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/hindsight/stories/2010/2856077.htm

We will remember them
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/awaye/stories/2010/2877751.htm
dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 06:36 pm
@djjd62,
Sad start to Anzac Day:

Quote:
Three dead in Iroquois helicopter crash

Anzac Day in New Zealand has been marred by the death of three crew members on an Air Force Iroquois helicopter which crashed on its way to memorial services in Wellington.

Inspector John Spence area commander Kapiti Mana police said the helicopter went down shortly before 6am into hills near Pukerua Bay about 40km north east of Wellington.

Two other helicopters were flying with the ill-fated Iroquois in a formation of three, before the crash.

"The terrain is very difficult and the conditions with low cloud were difficult," Spence said.

"The Westpac rescue helicopter managed to get into the scene and winch a paramedic down to the scene.

Very sadly three members of the Iroquois crew were found to be dead at the scene. One crewman was alive."

The injured crewman was taken to hospital - Spence understood he had a dislocated knee and chest injuries........

Full story here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/three-dead-in-iroquois-helicopter-crash-3487887
djjd62

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 06:38 pm
@dlowan,
very sad
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:22 pm
Kokoda. part 1 of 9

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 05:40 pm
@msolga,
I almost hesitate to pass this on, but as is the Australian way the sms jokes started almost immediately

Carl's dad visited in jail just prior and noted that he was putting on a bit of weight, saying 'Geez Carl, an exercise bike wouldn't kill you.'
ragnel

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:11 am
@hingehead,
Oh Muriel, you are awful!
dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:17 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

I almost hesitate to pass this on, but as is the Australian way the sms jokes started almost immediately

Carl's dad visited in jail just prior and noted that he was putting on a bit of weight, saying 'Geez Carl, an exercise bike wouldn't kill you.'

Oh dear!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:18 am
@ragnel,
ragnel wrote:

Oh Muriel, you are awful!

You have to be Australian, right?