Yoga

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:58 pm
I like yoga. I don't do it regularly enough, but I always feel great after I have been. Now that my back's getting back into better shape (chiro), I will start doing yoga more. Thanks for the reminder eoe!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:00 pm
LittleK, people tell me that back problems, for one, actually benefit from yoga. Not for you?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:02 pm
Yoga definitely helps with back problems. But I was having trouble making my spine straight - or rather, trouble knowing when my spine was straight - because it was so out of line. I felt like I could be doing just as much damage as good. Does that make sense?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:11 pm
Yes it does. Not holding a pose correctly, or not knowing if you are or not, like with any physical routine, does open the floodgate for injuries.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 01:01 pm
Don't you think an aerobics class and a yoga class demand different levels of condition? That a person who is fit enough to take a yoga class may not be fit enough for an aerobics class?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 01:03 pm
There's aerobics, and there's aerobics. Any class can be modified or intensified, according to the ability of the participant.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:52 pm
I know, from past experience as an artists' model, that holding a pose for a couple of minutes can be just as strenuous as dancing, aerobics, weight training, all of that, so I would bet that a yoga practictioner can hold up very well in an aerobics class.
0 Replies