circumsision(SP)

smorgs

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:27 am
I just wanted to 'pop in' and sound off again on this thread:

Raheel, there is no justifification for circumcision (male or female) it has it's roots in ignorance and continues in religious barbarity...it is an insult to every child it is performed on. Are you so entrenched in the dogma of your religion that you are incapable of rational thought?

Think twice before you mutilate your child. Circumcision is a shameful practice and I will never cease to campaign against it.

In years to come mankind will look back at this heinous practise and wonder why.........
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
are you circumsised?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:38 pm
Why?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
just- cause i want to make a point and wanted to ask you- if you do not wish to answer please say so- i will still make my point
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:07 pm
Make your point then...
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:19 pm
i have been circumsised and i do not mind it-

i find it quite offensive that your saying i have been 'mutilated'-

i am not!

female circumsision is a different issue because (as i have heard) it causes pain later on (like when having sex for the first time)-

islam does not promote female circumsision.

i don't see anything wrong with male circumsion- IT CAUSES NO HARM TO THE CHILD!

there are medical benefits- although these are minor-

but there are no disadvantages- at least i don't feel disadvantaged!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:25 pm
You have made your point, I have read, and reflected...

...and I don't agree with any of your points - and I find it equally offensive (if not more so) that you are a supporter of the genital mutilation of children.

You may not like the terms I use, but they are equally valid!
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:32 pm
do you remember asking a set of questions in the 'do you believe in god?' thread- did you see the answers i gave to them?

you haven't made your point clear?

why is circumsision such a bad thing?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:36 pm
As a circumcised male, I would also protest the word "mutilation."

People practice body modification in a variety of forms, from ear piercing to tatoos.

Should we not allow people to pierce their children's ears?

Should we not allow people to cosmetically straighten their children's teeth?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:42 pm
Raheel,

Don't make me post loads of evidence...I could go on for reams.

I told you I was leaving the relious thread and I did...but this is a different thread!

Having said that, I am about to leave this one as well.

I totally respect your right as a fellow member of A2K to post here. I do not agree with any of your comments, and I feel very emotional about this issue. So rather than be rude to you, I will leave.

I'm sure we will meet again on other threads...hopefully we will be able to share the same viewpoint...on a different subject for dabate.

'till then...

Goodnight.

Sarah.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:14 am
There are quite a few aspects on how a man performs sexually that are dependent on the prepuce.

I am uncircumcised, while my boyfriend is circumcised; we've talked about our experiences regarding having/not having a foreskin, and how it affects us.
I've come the the conclusion the for uncircumcised men, it is more enjoyable the process of reaching orgasm, than the orgasm itself. Let me rephrase that, it is not more enjoyable, but the feeling is quite mellow, and pleasant, while on circumcised men there is not as much pleasure until the man reaches orgasm, which can be very strong for them.

While keeping an intact penis clean requires a bit more effort. (washing thoroughly once/twice with soap will do) An uncircumcised penis, because it lacks the protection of the foreskin, develops a layer of keratin on the penis glans, which will make the glans less sensitive to stimuli. This will worsen as the man ages. There's also the frenulum, the band of skin that connects the foreskin to the glans; it is removed along with the prepuce most of the time, a shame really, as it contains more nerves than all other penile tissue.

Most of the time I don't like to talk about circumcision, as it makes circumcised guys skittish. I assure guys, nature has compensated for what your parents took from you, we're on the same level, of advantage/disadvantage.

Female circumcision is another story, it makes me sick to my stomach. Every time I hear it mentioned, I feel like digging out my dad's old shotgun.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 02:28 am
Circumcision is not a risk-free procedure. In a Western nation were it is carried out as a medical procedure there is an estimated death rate from complications of about 1 in 500,000. In places were the risk of ANY medical procedure is higher, the rate would be higher. It is still unnecessary and pointless (yes, I am aware of the pun I just made).
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:50 am
I'm so glad I'm not Jewish.

Don't they have enough people out there doing horrible things to them, they then have to turn around and do something like that to themselves and their children no less...

*wouldn't hold it against any jewish kid who tracked down his parents and murdered them for having the procedure performed upon him... but that's just me*
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 02:13 am
I wouldn't exactly murder my parents over it, but like Mr. Stillwater said "It is still unnecessary and pointless".
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 09:50 am
theantibuddha wrote:

Don't they have enough people out there doing horrible things to them, they then have to turn around and do something like that to themselves and their children no less...

*wouldn't hold it against any jewish kid who tracked down his parents and murdered them for having the procedure performed upon him... but that's just me*

You're crazy!
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:56 am
Montana wrote:
theantibuddha wrote:

You're crazy!
AntiBuddha hates religion! Sounds like a typical response coming from him.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 03:15 am
theantibuddha wrote:

This is the most rational and sensible post I've seen yet in this thread.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:42 am
Unreal!
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:19 pm
Tenoch wrote:
AntiBuddha hates religion! Sounds like a typical response coming from him.

You know, I really can't argue with any part of that statement.

But Tenoch... You make it sound like a bad thing Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:52 pm
Eryemil wrote:
Let me rephrase that, it is not more enjoyable, but the feeling is quite mellow, and pleasant, while on circumcised men there is not as much pleasure until the man reaches orgasm, which can be very strong for them.

How would you know, what a non circumcised man feels?

In most of Europe it is not customary to circumcise a baby boy,
and in growing up they're just as clean as their circumcised counter part
and from what I can tell, they had no problem getting aroused either.

Thank God I have a daughter, but a son would certainly not be circumcised.
I have witnessed this ritual by being Godmother to a jewish boy and
while he was circumcised by a rabbi and cried bloody murder, I was close
to fainting, that's how sick I got.

There is absolutely no justification (other than a religious ritual) for
circumcision - none!
0 Replies