Who is she?

Tryagain

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
Elysian Fields the resting place for mythology.

"OK, I think I deserve to have my status kicked up from Nebie to something a bit more profound considering I contribute quite eloquent and entertaining content." Shocked

"Just doesn't have the colloquialism as "crap" does now does it?" Shocked Shocked

"Remember, its quality people, not quantity! Ha ha ha" Shocked Shocked Shocked

In broad terms mythology is composed of traditional stories about gods, kings, and heroes. Myths often tell about the creation of the world (and about its destruction as well), about the creation of men, and, also, they provide lessons on a moral code by which to live.

They were attempts to provide rationale to natural events and to human emotion. Mythological stories generally were passed on orally from generation to succeeding generation. Each tale, embellished and "corrupted" through the re-tellings, was probably a reasoned explanation of the facts as seen by unsophisticated and uneducated eyes.

Most scholars today divide the subject into three categories: pure myth (primitive science and primitive religion), heroic saga (primitive history), and folklore (fictional stories).

I have tried my hardest to stick to this format. However, I have failed miserably. Elysian, I apologise for bringing you down to my level, when in fact what was needed, was a surge in a more upwardly mobile direction. :wink:
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:50 am
Personally, I have found this thread the most entertaining in my short period of activity on these forums. Thats the sarcasm that you saw through my handle, ElysianFields. As in it's dead, over, done for, and retired in it's proper resting place, the crapper! No reason to pretend anymore and continue in an upwardly mobile direction. I am pretty darned transparent because in all actuality, I am either a genuis or a drunken guttersnipe of a sailor that pisses away his valuable life with the whores of babylon. Ha ha ha...

So, okay, if the Great Moderator is listening (reading) do I get my status upped?

Someone pass the vodka please, its not yet 10 AM and I am not going to start drinking the hard stuff yet. And pass the olives, I need breakfast today.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
0 Replies