Who is she?

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:58 am
Her locks, her mane, surrounded in flame
Bringer of light and destroyer of same
In wedlock to he, the farthest sphere from thee?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,817 • Replies: 22
No top replies

ForeverUntilItEnds

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:41 am
the sun ?
0 Replies

bizarre

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:33 pm
hhhmmmm

"destroyer of same"

something that destroys light?? Only thing I can think of to fit is an ECLIPSE.

With a solar eclipse, the flames show round the edge, no light shows through etc,
0 Replies

ForeverUntilItEnds

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:55 pm
possibly a comet?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
Persephone
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:49 pm
correct, good job kristie
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:52 pm
thanks!
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
oh yeah, sorry, for the others, here is explanation

1. The farthest sphere from thee is Pluto. About 7.6 billion miles, or 40 times further away than the Sun, which is about 92 million miles from thee, or you, on earth.

2. Pluto is the Roman god of the underworld (literally meaning of unseen), sometimes called or mistaken as Plutus as well. The Greeks would have called him Hades or Haides.

3. Perspehone (the Romans called her Proserpine...interesting relationship to serpentine) was originally a bringer of light, daughter of Zeus and Demeter. Hades rose up and stole her, only Zeus and Helios (the Sun) saw this. Helios revealed the truth to Demeter. Zeus sent Hermes to get her, and he did so, but Hades gave her a pomegranate, which ultimately bound her to the underworld. Thus she became the destroyer of light, or Queen of the Underworld, but only for part of the year. Guess she had holiday time.

Thats the short version. I assume Kristie is versed in classical mythology?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 02:05 pm
A little. For some reason, it just hit me and I knew it without even thinking.

Truthfully, usually I am not very good at riddles. And it wasn't like this was an easy one. I guess I just remembered something I learned a long time ago. One of those triggered memories. Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:03 pm
Hi ElysianFields, May I extend a warm welcome to A2K and this Forum in particular, if this is where the God's have sent you, you may have got off at the wrong stop. However, I am sure you will have a good time. I was most impressed with your explanation above. It was your misfortune to run into Kristie, our resident genius. For I confess I have not heard of the broad.

Kristie : Truthfully, usually I am not very good at riddles. Shocked

Ki$$ my $$ :wink:
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:14 pm
I appreciate your witty raillery and accept your reception most humbly. I anticipate consummate amusement participating in the this most grande pandemonium. I wrote this just this morning, in the hopes that it may sufficiently consume the valuable thought-time of others much longer. But alas, dear Kristie arrived at the answer in a few short moments, blessed be her steel trap mind! So now, I must return to my tomes for more research, prose, and doggerel in hopes a finer degree bedevilment of others!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:53 pm
sorry......

I can almost promise you that I won't be getting the next one.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:56 pm
Tryagain wrote:
It was your misfortune to run into Kristie, our resident genius. For I confess I have not heard of the broad.

Kristie : Truthfully, usually I am not very good at riddles. Shocked

Ki$$ my $$ :wink:

man you get one question right..... http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/frech/456.gif
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:05 pm
ElysianFields wrote:
I appreciate your witty raillery and accept your reception most humbly. I anticipate consummate amusement participating in the this most grande pandemonium.
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
Tryagain wrote:
ElysianFields wrote:
I appreciate your witty raillery and accept your reception most humbly. I anticipate consummate amusement participating in the this most grande pandemonium.
So do you have the original Bristol model? It does look heavenly and beats the rash one might get going in the field.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:39 pm
Well done Kristie. Welcome Elysian Fiels. An appropriate name for such a post. Doggerel is fine; no catterel permitted.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:51 pm
Kristie wrote, "man you get one question right....."
But, what a question! Cool

ElysianFields wrote, "It does look heavenly and beats the rash one might get going in the field."

Lemme tell yah, we don't rash, we all goes one at a time. Laughing
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:55 pm
Ok, I think we have degraded into the catterel as we have migrated from talking about persephone and the antiquities to Elsan portable toilets? Why dear Gods, why? Though, if you do need one I have heard that Elsan is the brand to choose.

Say, Tryagain you didn't answer which model do you have the Bristol or the Oxford? I heard they are coming out with a Leeds model soon, it will be equipped with full rain gear and high winds.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 05:36 am
Elysian, I nows you reckon us southern folk is a mite behind the times. But I was only joshin about the elsan. We have the "Silent Valve less Water Waste Preventer" (No. 814) this is a siphonic discharge system that allowes a toilet to flush effectively when the cistern was only half-full. Important when you have got to fill it from the kreek.
0 Replies

ElysianFields

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:56 am
Tryagain wrote:
Elysian, I nows you reckon us southern folk is a mite behind the times. But I was only joshin about the elsan. We have the "Silent Valve less Water Waste Preventer" (No. 814) this is a siphonic discharge system that allowes a toilet to flush effectively when the cistern was only half-full. Important when you have got to fill it from the kreek.
Pretty funny, but even funnier...if Crapper hadn't bought the 1819 British patent from Giblin for said device, I suppose we would be resorting to comments such as:

"I have to go to the Giblin."
"Man, do I have to take a Gib."
"It smells like Gib in here."
"What the !@#$$# is this Gib."
"Gib, Gib, and more Gib."
and on and on and on....

Just doesn't have the colloquialism as "crap" does now does it?

OK, I think I deserve to have my status kicked up from Nebie to something a bit more profound considering I contribute quite eloquent and entertaining content. Remember, its quality people, not quantity! Ha ha ha
0 Replies