Do you believe in God?

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 10:10 am
If you believe in God can you tell me how Adam and Eve were created.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,450 • Replies: 44
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:07 pm
If you were serious, then you could read Genesis. That would tell you much quicker than posting here and waiting for a reply.

My guess however is that you have an ulterior motive for asking, so I think I will pass on getting drawn into it other than to point you to Genesis.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 02:55 am
I didnt think Phil Collins would have the answers(joke)

I merely asked because I wonder if the people that believe in God also belive in other 'invisible things' eg Loch Ness monster,ghosts etc
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:16 am
i believe in God.
i am a muslim and we believe in jinns- that is what you percieve to be ghosts.
they are creatures that were created befure humans.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:49 am
Tell me more about jinns!!!!

Do muslims have their own God?If so what is his image and what does he stand for?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:58 am
I believe in God, but I don't believe in the bible or any of that Adam and Eve stuff. I simply believe that we have a creator, but I'm far from religious.
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:21 am
material girl wrote:
Tell me more about jinns!!!!

Do muslims have their own God?If so what is his image and what does he stand for?

Muslims believe in a God like the Jews-
all loving
all knowing
all powerful...

i don't know what you mean by 'what is his image?'

jinns are made of fire.

we cannot see them but they can see us

they are also given responsibilities like humans

they too will be judged on their actions

they have been given the power to change their form and can appear before us as animals or even humans

humans are superior to jinns

Jinns must worship God too but (like humans) there are different religions among them

thats all i can think of for now. all the points are stated in the Quran. jinns are behind withcraft, voodoo etc too.
0 Replies

Max209

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:21 am
i dont believe in a god
although i do believe in ghosts
and aliens i dont think people are abducted every other day or none of that crap i just fail to see how out of all the different planets in the different galaxies we can be all that is here

i dont believe in the loch ness monster either
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
Max209-poor Nessy.

Raheel-What I meant by image is, the usual picture (to me)dipicted of God is an old man floating about on a cloud with a bit white beard and a booming voice.

Does your God have a physical image?

I think what Im trying to get at is-There is no solid physical evidence of God (as far as i know)so, do the people that believe in God also believe in other non physically solid entities like ghosts,fairies,monsters,Adam and Eve just 'being created'?

Do the people that DONT believe in God believe more in the scientific explanation of earths/humans exsistence ie evolution,the big bang or do they have a combination of both?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:39 am
no. Allah does not have a physical form. the only reason he is reffered to as 'he' is because at the time of writing the Quran the masculine pronoun was used as all leaders were men and the man was deemed more important.
how did you like the facts on jinns. i know family members who have seen jinn and have heard of others who have been possesed by them- no joke.
Jinns are as real as you and me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
Havnt looked up jinns yet,Im saving it for tomorrow.

Are all leaders still men or are women included now?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
Islam gave women full political rights way back in the 7th century!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
So women are now seen as equal?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:08 am
technically yes. but in order to understand this completely you should go to my other thread in the 'philosophy and debate' section entitled 'men are better than women? or vice verse?!'
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:10 am
Oh Ive been joining in with that one as well.Didnt realise it was you.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:12 am
According to the Koran (and yes I have read it) Women have always been considered equal, but they are not treated as such within muslim society...and I dare anyone to say it aint so.

I AM talking from experience here.

I am not Islamaphobic - I am a feminist!
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 02:37 am
they are treated as equal!
what you experienced was the influences of culture not religion-
if the quran says one thing and its followers do another the blame should be on the people not the religion.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:59 am
Good point but surely if believers follow the Quran then the culture should be based around its teachings.

To me religion is about love and yet it seems to provoke the opposite reaction.
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:02 am
very true. in places like saudia arabia the quran is the law and culture. but in other countries who call themselves islamic states pre islamic cultural attitudes live on. islam in all its glory (mecca) is what you should look at when you want to know about how it treats women.
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 09:45 am
So why don't we hear more outcry from those who follow the true religion? Shouldn't you be trying to change the abhorant treatment of women in those place that claim to be Islamic but cling to pre Islamic cultural attitudes?
0 Replies