When Is a Woman not a Whore?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:06 pm
Actually I could care less if I had a girlfriend that has slept with 25 guys...I'd guarantee I've dated girls that have been with more.

Better than being with an inexperienced girl who has no clue what she's doing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:43 pm
The question itself, "When is a woman not a whore?" has this thick perjorative kick. Would be similar to "When is a man not a prick?" Fill in your own choice of slamming word.

I find the whole discussion one of attitude positioning fellow humans as (presumed) slime/not slime... rather eerie.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:53 pm
Seriously here, the topic of this thread should've been...."When does a person become a whore?"
Not a woman...I know men and women that are some of the biggest whores around. But I think our poster delight likes to toy with the women of A2K. Between this topic and the other one on the marginilization of women...you'd think he could find something else to talk about. He claims to love women, but I haven't seen anything out of him yet to prove that he thinks us worthy of the air we breathe.

What it boils down to is the fact that both sexes can be whores. prostitutes, etc...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:55 pm
Shut up, you whore.

I love women.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:59 pm
You know Slappy,...I really don't appreciate that.

You don't know me well enough to call me a whore, nor make that assumption.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:30 pm
You know, I was just kidding.

I was referring to...nevermind, again, my bad.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:06 am
I figured you were kidding, but put some humor into it and I might see it that way.

Now...stick you hand out there and let me slap it...lol
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:58 am
Maybe next time I'll use a gay smiley....

nah.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:37 pm
LOL...naww, that avatar does enough for ya.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:38 pm
All better? Good. Kiss and make up.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:48 pm
HA Don't know if I'd go that farrrrrrrrr.........lmao
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
On the question "are women whores", Slang and vernacular vary strongly from region to region, person to person and time period to time period. Like many things the answer to this question depends largely on your definition and how you look at the situation. There is no cut and dry answer.

On the topic of feminism, I haven't read Germaine Greer, or any feminist authors for that matter. I'm just guessing from the quick comment "based on money distribution any woman is a rape victim" what the basic idea of that particular aspect to the discussion is... and it was almost valid for a brief period of approximately 100 years.

For all of human history men and women both had to do a lot of hard work. There was a brief period of time when women were somewhat cut off from working opportunities and for that period of time a common survival tactic for women depended on finding a sexual partner to support her. In such cases, it could be very vaguely perceived as rape if you looked at the situation with an extra strong squint and in hindsight.

Now the problem has been cured and again become irrelevant aside from existing as a bizarre quick blip in the human history of work distribution and various people who are caught up in a counter-pattern that has developed and don't yet realise that the original problem is gone.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
A man is as much a whore as a woman
0 Replies

Kyle esq

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:58 pm
Exactly. Labeling a woman a "whore" is hypocritical.

The only "whores" are men and women who have sex for money; prositutes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:05 pm
CarbonSystem wrote:
Have you experienced it from EVERY single man on earth?

yes.

I guess that would make me a whore, right?

Sorry. I just had to go there.

:wink:

I don't even remember what we were discussing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 07:12 pm
Er, some people do use whore as a metaphoric word choice.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:49 pm
I am tempted to say that a woman is not a whore when she is not a politician. But that applies to men as well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:01 pm
Nice..
0 Replies

paul andrew bourne

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:22 am
"Whores - the bitter word"
By Paul Andrew Bourne, MSc. (candidate); BSc. (Hons); Dip. Edu.

Words are socially constructed by people to give meaning to their experiences and to allow they to understand the world. Humans are continuously interfacing with the environment and other peoples within a particular topology. Even within any geographical area of this world, there are subdivision of social groupings and people therein who seek to understand things based on their socialization. It is, therefore, difficult to wholesalely label events correctly because of our social biases as result of our socialization. The example here is a whore. That word has a negative connotation that is usually ascribed to women because of a male stereotyped world. The irony of this discourse is, we are all "culturized" to accept this social reality without an understanding of our own independent perspective.

I intentionally introduced this word, whore, into the discourse in order to unearth cultural biases of some people. Despite our socialization, "what is correct in the labelling of a woman a whore?"
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:16 am
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies