How can god have a "plan" for anyone?

inner peace

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:51 pm
Re: How can god have a "plan" for anyone?
marsh_of_mists wrote:
inner-peace wrote:
I don't see why people think god can have a plan for anybody. What if god had a plan for all those 150,000+ people that died in that tsunami? How can anyone complete their "plan" or whatever in what seems like the complete chaos of the world? Question Question

With questions like these I tend to be a bit more of a deist than anything. At least, I think our free will, and ability to choose our own destiny, holds far more sway than God's "plan". For the same way, I don't believe God usually intervenes in natural occurances like the tsunami--He let's nature take its course. This is not to say I believe God NEVER intervenes--He does. However, He's not directly controlling every event on the Earth.

hmm this is the first question that got me going on religious debates..... holy sht at gamespot.com I had 300+ posts and more than half were in religious debates and that was f Razz a long time ago...... man I did some good things back in the day.....when ever i last posted there..... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

duce

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:10 am
It's God's Plan-not "their" plan.
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 10:19 am
duce wrote:
It's God's Plan-not "their" plan.

well then god has a bunch of crappy plans ..... Razz
0 Replies