How do I correct these sentences?

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2017 01:20 am
1.Watch you're step through the swamp; and you should mind your ps and qs once you reach Crystal lake.

So for the first one I'm really stumped on the semicolon here. Should I switch out the semicolon for something else or is that fine? I was thinking of flipping the two sentences over but that doesn't seem to work either.

2.Who did you vote for, the candidate who is older than us?

Other than changing who to whom I have no idea what to correct.

3.He is a mechanic who is reliable until two twenty five P.M then he starts what he calls, his "drinking day."

For this one is it alright if I just split it up into two sentences? Or do I need a semicolon instead? Also do I need a comma after "he calls?"

Having a grammar test tomorrow and these three sentences have me stumped. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 390 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hightor

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2017 05:50 am
@lonelyintrovert,
Quote:
1.Watch your step through the swamp; and you should mind your ps and qs once you reach Crystal lake.

2. Did you vote for the candidate who is older than we are?

3. He is a mechanic who is reliable until two twenty-five pm,then he starts what he calls his "drinking day."
0 Replies

TheParser

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2017 07:02 am
@lonelyintrovert,
In my opinion:

1. Watch your step through the swamp and mind your ps and qs once you reach Crystal Lake.

3. He is a reliable mechanic until he starts his "drinking day" at 2:25 p.m.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 08:31 pm
@lonelyintrovert,
1. Watch your step through the swamp; and you should mind your p's and q's once you reach Crystal lake.

Quote:
So for the first one I'm really stumped on the semicolon here. Should I switch out the semicolon for something else or is that fine?
'sfine
Quote:
I was thinking of flipping the two sentences over but that doesn't seem to work either.

2. Whom did you vote for, the candidate who is older than us or the one that's younger?

Other than changing 'who' to 'whom,' I have no idea what to correct.

3. He is a mechanic who is reliable until 2:25 P.M. and then he starts what he calls, his "drinking day."

Quote:
For this one is it alright if I just split it up into two sentences?
don'needta
Quote:
Or do I need a semicolon instead? Also do I need a comma after "he calls?"
No

Taking a grammar test tomorrow but these three sentences have me stumped. Thanks!

Oh and Mgmt, if you're around, Software Glitch # 34,659 won't let me color it but there s/b a space or two 'tween, eg, '1' and 'Watch'

Yes and #587,662 (b) won't let me put a space 'tween 'PM.' and 'and,' Or was that (c)
0 Replies