Tampa, FL in mid-april

roger

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:14 am
Betcha' don't find one of those $25.00 rooms in October, BD.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:19 am
I found a $29.95 special in October and was startled to see a rat floating by the skimmer.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:26 am
I thought the prices would drop in the hurricane season???
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
Actually they go up...when 2 million Floridians are wandering around trying to dodge a hurricane...the gouging gets nasty.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 09:38 am
Ouch, I can see your pĆ¼oint, man!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 10:47 am
bigdice67- October is a great month in Tampa. The worst of the hurricane season is over by the end of September, and the month is usually dry. You could have a glitch though, but it is not the norm. The snowbirds have not returned, most of the summer vacationers have long gone, and the kids are back in school, so it is relatively quiet.

http://www.wordtravels.com/Cities/Florida/Tampa/Climate
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:25 am
Thansk so much for all the excellent links, Phoenix!
74 74 74 -- I can't decide whether 74 is warm enough for swimming or not. Seems like it would be... gets up to 86 in July though, now that's balmy.

The zoo looks cool, too!

Thanks for the Dryson referral. Elmore Leonard has a lot of Floridian locales, too. I used to read a lot of John D. Macdonald (all the titles had colors in them), also Floridian. And there's Dave Barry, of course.

I think Carl's kinda the king though.

Panz, that was quite a story, wasn't it? Was it the Oldest Living Confederate Widow guy? (Can't remember his name!)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:43 pm
sozy, I promise we'll work on it...it was a doozy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 02:29 pm
I spent last spring break (end of March/early April) at Siesta Key. We flew into Tampa and I think it was about an hour and a half to Siesta Key (just offshore from Sarasota). The weather was gorgeous - lower 80s during the day, upper 50s at dawn. The beach at Siesta Key is rated in the top 10 beaches in the world by ???? (whoever does such ratings). The sands are pure white and never get too hot to walk on. We were able to swim in the Gulf with water temps in the lower 70s. I'm sure there are other beaches along the way. My sister lives in Tampa, I'll send her an e-mail and get beach info....
0 Replies