A critique of dualism and the notion of free will.

JLNobody

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:25 pm
Good, piercing questions, Val.
0 Replies

missinglink

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:57 pm
once again : energy is neither created nor distroyed. what happens to the electrical energy that runs the human body? it is not destroyed, it change`es or goes somewhere else. when you send a current accross a wire most of the electrons go together at the same time. what causes them to do this? what force makes them all think the same thing and go at the same time? a few stay behind. i prefer to be an electron that stays with the group so i must believe that there was something spiritual that created this. i must believe that my energy will be strong enough to take my spirit on to the next journey. i have stopped wasting my time finding answers in science because there is no answer available. one must believe that this electrical energy moves to the next level or you will be one of those electrons that is left behind. to believe that all things were created by chance: first there was nothing. the odds of something is 20 kabillion to 1 then there is something. the odds of something dividing or something else comes along 20 kabillion to 1 and so on. eventually you have enough to create the big bang. i prefer my spiritual logic to that logic.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:21 pm
Checking in very late, and not very conversant in any case.
Back after I've read the thread.. might be a few days, nods to all in the mean time.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 11:08 pm
missinglink wrote:
once again :

This is your second post. How can you state anything again?

missinglink wrote:
energy is neither created nor distroyed. what happens to the electrical energy that runs the human body? it is not destroyed, it change`es or goes somewhere else. when you send a current accross a wire most of the electrons go together at the same time. what causes them to do this? what force makes them all think the same thing and go at the same time? a few stay behind. i prefer to be an electron that stays with the group so i must believe that there was something spiritual that created this. i must believe that my energy will be strong enough to take my spirit on to the next journey. i have stopped wasting my time finding answers in science because there is no answer available. one must believe that this electrical energy moves to the next level or you will be one of those electrons that is left behind. to believe that all things were created by chance: first there was nothing. the odds of something is 20 kabillion to 1 then there is something. the odds of something dividing or something else comes along 20 kabillion to 1 and so on. eventually you have enough to create the big bang. i prefer my spiritual logic to that logic.

So, in other words, you don't know.
0 Replies