Danny Crane, Trixs are for kids

Seed

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:40 pm
Now im not much for watching tv dramas or watching tv sit coms... i usually catch most of them in syndication. But the night of the People Choice Awards i happened to catch Boston Legal and watced it. I must say its some rather funny stuff for a drama... or what I think would be titled as one.

Anyone out there watch this show? What do you think about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,256 • Replies: 2
No top replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:22 pm
Yes, I watch Boston Legal every week, though I managed to miss it last week.

Several of the characters were introduced the last year of the long running The Practice, which ended last year.

I think the show is extrmely well done, and varies from drama to comedy in flash effectively. The legal issues get very good treatment indeed.

There are a load of interesting aspects, not least of which is somehow making a lawyer, Alan Shore, who oozes smugness and who views ethics as inconveniences to get around, the hero of the show. Not easy, but they manage to get you to go along with him just a bit for laughs.

I do believe that new ground in prime time comedy was broken a couple of weeks ago when a TV was shown playing in one of the law firm offices. The TV said that the next door neighbor of one of Alan Shore's clients was murdered. The camera switched to the desk, where the female lawyer was sitting listening to the broadcast. Suddenly, from UNDER the desk, up bursts Alan Shore, exclaiming, "He [his client] did it again!".

Have to admit, I nevr saw that on television before. but I , like evryone else, wonders how often it actually goes on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:28 pm
I have watched all the episodes. I think the last few episodes are a bit over the top, but don't intend to quit watching yet. I am intrigued by William Shatner's character, who is in the grip of alzhiemers. The little guy that murdered his mother was a masterpiece.
0 Replies