Damn Enchiladas!

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:00 pm
I threw some frozen enchiladas in the oven over 40 minutes ago. The box says to bake them for 35-40 minutes. 40 minutes goes by, they're still damn mostly frozen. Yes, I turned on the oven, at the right temp.

Wazzup with those crazy-ass enchilada makers? Drunk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,553 • Replies: 14
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:03 pm
If you didn't leave in that God-forsaken, snowed-in Chowder pit, you could get some decent Mexican food, for starters.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:07 pm
I know. I'm highly pissed right now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:08 pm
Dontcha have a microwave?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:15 pm
Yes, I do. I figured they'd taste better baked. Over an hour later, looks like they're done. Now I gotta let em' sit for a few.

Because I know you're all very interested and in suspense, I'll keep you updated on the "Enchilada incident."

Roomate is braving the weather and walking all the way over to Trader Joe's, 200 feet away to get some coke.

Anyone own a plow truck?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:16 pm
Wait. Trader Joe's doesn't sell coke...probably went to CVS. That's a whole 150 feet away.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:18 pm
I found with the frozen enchiladas (and such) that there isn't much difference between nuking them and baking them. That is, no difference besides the time it takes to cook.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:21 pm
You could put them in the micro, on low power for a few minutes just to thaw, then put'em back in your (already) hot oven to finish. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:22 pm
Does it make you feel better if I say I'm deeply, deeply jealous that you have a TJ's 200 feet away?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:22 pm
Good idea Jerry.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:30 pm
Trader Joe's is great.

Jerry, good idea...but too late for me.

So anyway. Lil K', you're right. They taste like they were nuked anyway, and they're about as good as expected for frozen mexican food. So much for eating healthy today...might as well put on a little fat to keep me warm during this suckass winter.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:33 pm
enchiladas are the healthy or unhealthy option?

A little winter blubber is good for us new englanders.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 02:14 am
Over the years I've found that when I bake anything frozen it's never done when it says it's gonna be done. Usually I have to leave it in for an extra 10 minutes or so. You'd think they would say what they mean for heaven sakes!!!

So, is that white fluffy stuff still kickin your ass over there? I was complaining about the cold we're having up here, but I'd rather have this than the 2ft of white fluffy stuff, I'll tell ya!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 02:02 pm
It's weird. We got more inches than in '78, but there was a lot less damage. I think the idea is that we were better prepared for it this time because we could see what was going on as it crawled up the coast.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 03:04 pm
The wind also had a lot to do with it. This time the wind was only half of what it was in 78. From what I saw on the news, it really doesn't look that bad. It was a good thing they were prepared for this one, because It could have been a lot worse if they weren't.
0 Replies