Napoleon Dynamite

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 01:07 pm
Yes, very. Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 08:04 am
Quote:
If you are 35-39 or a teenager, you probably liked this movie. If you are over 40, you likly got up and left the room.

Nope. I didn't leave the room. I turned the damned thing off, after about twenty minutes.

Now, I have nothing against movies about youngsters, or the trials and tribulations of growing up. In fact, "Animal House" is one of my favorite movies. Every time that I watch it, which is often, I howl with laughter,

To me, Napoleon Dynamite was downright stupid, inane and inconsequential. I purposely attempted to see it through, but after the first ten minutes, I realized that nothing good was going to come of it. After squirming for another ten minutes, I couldn't stand it anymore, so off it went.

If this is what the young people like, there really IS a dumbing down of society. If you want to watch a fine film about the problems of being a young man who is out of touch with his peers, watch "Tea and Sympathy", with Deborah Kerr, and John Kerr.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049829/

Now THAT'S a movie!
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 12:29 pm
I get how some didn't like this film. You have to have a certain sense of humor and have to have grown up at a certain time. To each his own right?

Yeah I loved it btw.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 06:20 pm
Put me down in the loved it camp too. My wife and I watched it twice in a row
and are thinking about buying a copy .
I keep seeing kids walking around Campus wearing "Vote for Pedro"
t -shirts...I love it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 07:39 pm
Funny. I can't sit through ten minutes of "Animal House."

I really can't explain the humor in Napolian D, other than to say that it is more subtle and simple. Not "in your face" and obvious.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 04:45 pm
Plus, the guy that plays Napolean just had the best delivery of his lines -- so deadpan, etc.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:51 pm
Subtle humor in virtually every scene.

::scopes guns::
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:25 pm
This movie really is a celebration of the geek in all of us IMHO. I think you either identify with the characters ( and your inner geek ) or you don't.
0 Replies