Favourite cartoons

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
I have 3 cartoons going round my head that are my favourites.I need to share them.

1st is Tom and Jerry in their kitchen, there has been a water leak.One of them opens the fridge and the water freezes and they use it as an ice rink.They also use the jelly in the fridge to alternate the fridge light colour.

2nd,Jerry and another mouse in a high rise building ( I think in America)and they dance on the tables with 'mini lady' table decorations.

3rd,with a wolf in 30's gangster type clothing watching a saucy lady singer and he is going wild over her, his eyes are popping out of his head and steam coming out of his ears.

Seen them?

Want to share any cartoon memories with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,943 • Replies: 20
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:11 am
they fight and bite
and fight and bitee and bite
its the ITCHY AND SCRATCHY SHOOOOOW.

a cartoon within a cartoon, tres hip.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
Thank you for playing.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
Ysterday, on sun morning, they did a segment on hhow cartoons aqare selected for the New Yorker magaazine. Its aan interesting process. Ive submitted but was never , ever considered. The interviewees all haad a 2 to 3 year rejection history before they were accepted . of course , the cartoons aare of top quality aand although they seem to have bent their strict rules , they still have a line drawn regarding good taste.
maaybe thats where I fell.

Ive never been accused of possessing a modicum of taste.

Theres a new book with 2 CDs containing ALL the cartoons ever published by the nEw Yorker, including those of James Thurber (i guess in the 40s)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:44 pm
I just found my heaven. I noticed we now have BOOM. It's classic cartoons (network).

the other day was a flinestones marathon. greatness.

today had smurfs and ....snorks or whatever those boogers are called.

my 3 favorite are:

flintstones
jetsons
flintstone kids (w/ Captain Cavemannnnn ...and son)
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 06:01 pm
Oh, I loved Flintstones and Jetsons, but other than any things with Bugs and pretty much all Looney Tunes, oh and Bullwinkle, and and Mighty Mouse...oh, sorry.

I LOVE Top Cat. He was like Bugs Bunny in a way, a total wise guy. Except he had a gang and I loved the makeup of the gang. It was very East Side kids, so I adored it. Just bought the Dvds!

Oh, and I love the cartoons where they are building something (or tearing it down) to the Hungarian Rhapsody!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 06:25 pm
My favorite is when Bugs Bunny falls asleep and dreams a flood sweeps him into a castle that Elmer Fudd, the mad scientist, owns.

There is a big brown furry monster in the castle thats trying to kill bugs, but of course BB out-wits the monster by convincing him he needs his hair curled.

You guessed it, dynamite curlers! Kaboom!

Mean while, a bottle of ether breaks and all the characters are talking and chasing each other around in slow motion.

Good time.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 06:46 pm
My favorite tends to be the roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote. Having said that a Bugs Bunny cartoon in which Bugs pops up in a bull ring with the immortal I should've taken that left at Albuquerque. At this point the bull makes contact and as Bugs is flying across the ring announces "You realize of course this means war. A classic cartoon!
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:04 pm
Oh, Paulaj...one of my very favorites! Where Bugs is this crazed hair stylist to the monster (who's wearing very cool high tops) and the castle has a neon sign! Spectacular, on a par with What's Opera, Doc?

And bobsmythhawk--oh yea! The bullring. Great stuff--Bugs gets to wear quite the matador getup as I recall. And isn't there an anvil involved? Wasn't there always?

I had a poster of Wile E. Coyote on my wall for my freshman year. Kind of summed up my initial collegiate experience!
I want a tshirt with the Acme Co. logo on it.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:03 pm
loislane17 wrote:
Oh, Paulaj...one of my very favorites! Where Bugs is this crazed hair stylist to the monster (who's wearing very cool high tops) and the castle has a neon sign! Spectacular, on a par with What's Opera, Doc?

Kill the waaaaabit - kill the waaaaabit! Elmer Fudd dressed as a viking, standing on a mountain?

Thunder! Lightening!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:19 pm
who was the very hip penguin that sounded like Daavid niven?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:26 pm
farmerman wrote:
who was the very hip penguin that sounded like Daavid niven?

Tennessee Tuxedo perhaps.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:00 am
Paulaj-does the monster say ' I will love you and I will squeeze you and I will call you Geooooorge'?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:40 am
material girl wrote:
Paulaj-does the monster say ' I will love you and I will squeeze you and I will call you Geooooorge'?

It seems like I've heard that, but I could be thinking of an old boyfriend Very Happy
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:27 am
Elmer Fudd's kill the wabbit sequence was done to the tune of Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries. Nice music.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:05 am
I agree.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:47 pm
What's Opera, Doc? is one of the great cartoon classics! I have a friend who teaches classical music, and she always starts a new class with that cartoon! Sure does loosen up the class folk--and these are adults!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 09:49 pm
Among my favorite cartoons was Woody Woodpecker and the gang. Especially the early ones where Woody looked not so stylized.

Without a doubt, older cartoons were better for the animations than the newer stuff.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 10:15 am
There was also a very sad one about an operatic whale. I can picture him dominating the whole stage, dressed up as a character.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 10:20 am
My question is: If Wile E. Coyote could afford all those Acme products, why didn't he just buy a chicken dinner?
0 Replies