Did Randy Moss just moon the crowd?

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:38 pm
Yeah, it was pretty hyperbolic. I was extremely P.O'ed of course but I was more P.O'ed at Brett for that stupid stupid flip...

<deep breaths... happy place... spring meadows... with cleat marks... no no no wait...>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
It definitely wasn't "absolutely disgusting," I mean just a while ago half the Detroit Pistons were in the stands beating fans.
0 Replies

ktismael

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:19 pm
Don't hang it on Motown
Hey now, get it right, it was Indiana in the stands beating up the crowd. The Pistons were on the court and nowhere near. Detroit gets enough of a bad rap without people getting the story wrong.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:50 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I thought what Moss did was harmless and actually quite funny in a "look at what little Billy is doing now" kind of way.

All this holier than thou crap of the talking heads was almost too much to bear. Steve Young said, "This is the worst thing he could have possibly done!"

Is that right, Steve? Worse than if he would have eviscerated the water boy and hung his entrails over the goalposts?

Give me a friggin' break.

As usual, Gus, I am in complete agreement with you. Are you sure we aren't twins that were separated at birth?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 11:25 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
What's wrong with mooning? Did y'all lose close family members in tragic mooning incidents or something?

I've broken a collarbone playing football, but have never been hurt or hurt anyone through mooning.

Not what you said when they squoze your bare bum in the electric window and wouldn't open it ....

'Twas but a flesh wound.

Oh good! I am relieved. I had thought it a neurological injury....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 11:25 pm
kickycan wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I thought what Moss did was harmless and actually quite funny in a "look at what little Billy is doing now" kind of way.

All this holier than thou crap of the talking heads was almost too much to bear. Steve Young said, "This is the worst thing he could have possibly done!"

Is that right, Steve? Worse than if he would have eviscerated the water boy and hung his entrails over the goalposts?

Give me a friggin' break.

As usual, Gus, I am in complete agreement with you. Are you sure we aren't twins that were separated at birth?

That is very funny, Gus. And true.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
Cooler heads will prevail. The sanctimonious NFL pricks are making a bigger deal about this than they did when Moss repeatedly bumped a traffic cop with his SUB. And since I'm doing TLAs -- WTF? Thought the mooning was pretty damn funny myself. Whether the NFL should go after Lynch for repeated spearing is controversial, but all the talking heads agree that a fake moon and a little goal-post butt-bump is a crime against the game? C'mon.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:56 am
Yeah, I found the bumping the traffic cop thing when I was looking for details about the dragging-his-girlfriend-by-the-hair thing -- knocked her down (the traffic cop) in rush-hour traffic.

Couldn't find whether he was sanctioned at all for that one.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:59 am
SUB=SUV.

Hey, soz.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:02 pm
Hey!

How's life?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:07 pm
I missed the actual event, but I caught the Fox Sports crew blowing smoke about the horror, the horror of what he did.

Fox TV, the moral center of our universe...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
I prefer a nougaty, peanutty center to my universe.

Not bad, soz. Y tu?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:15 pm
PATIO!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:28 pm
I calmed down after I read that Packers fans have been mooning the Vikings bus for years...much worse was him walking out on his teammates last week...he's pathetic...I'll take the guy with all the records and never once was a jerk. Rice
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:35 pm
Quote:
PATIO!!!!!!!!!!!

GARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:28 pm
below
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:42 pm
Remember when Jake Plummer flipped off his own fans? That is, in my opinion, worse than what Moss did. Then why was there not such an uproar about what Plummer did? Maybe because Moss has been a career whiner/bitcher, and just a week ago left his team on the field, or maybe it is because Moss is an urban/ethnic guy that is wearing that Afro....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:15 pm
I think the afro-freaky hair is pretty cool.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:47 pm
Good try Child but I won't take that racist bait. Like O'Bill pointed out, Romanowski was even worse.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
I'm just saying...Jake gets a free pass, and Moss is crucified for a lesser crime.
0 Replies