San Francisco Digital Broadcast Failure?

cjhsa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 01:30 pm
Is there anyone here that has a digital (HD) tuner collecting broadcast signals in the San Francisco area? Specifically, ABC channel 7.1. I was watching the Seahawks/Rams game yesterday and it just died, and have had no signal since.

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the broadcast and not my equipment, because right now I'm watching channel 5.1 (CBS), and it's in beautiful high definition as the Colts stomp the Broncos.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,387 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:02 pm
OK, I found this in a Yahoo chat group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HDTV-in-SFbay/message/15297
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
o.k. - i'm not anywhere near you - but I found that just amazing - groups on everything! i love the internet Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
I do too. I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on, and could get no response from any of the broadcasters.

What's really stuipid is that they have a website but don't post status for their digital broadcasts. If standard def channel 7 was off the air, you can be they'd have some sort of announcement and status on their site.

I mean, comon folks, HD is becoming so mainstream, we're hardly the tiny minority any longer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:44 pm
true - HD is quite mainstream now - they're pretty much giving away any system that can't accomodate it
0 Replies