Mold Dummy...Any Help Appreciated (Mods, please move thread to appropriate place if necessary).

arosex

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 09:34 pm
Hi all...

Glad to have found this site.

l have suspected mold allergies (getting tested next month) and just left a workplace with mold growing on the ceiling, floors, and constant ceiling leaks and repairs.

It was somewhat controlled with Flonase and other allergy medication but l still had various, vague and pretty much constant symptoms l think could be attributed to it

So very excited at my new job and looking to better!
feel
However..in my attempts to make sure my environment is mold free lately, l went digging around the bathroom. The wood paneling in the back...is completely molded. Black. l'm a renter and l've lived here for a considerable amount of time so it does make me nervous.

My questions are:
-After cleaning with bleach, is this something l need to mention to the maintenance team? l likely will.

-How much could mold in this area affect me? l'm in fairly large apartment and not at all within what l think would be breathing range from it, while not in the bathroom-but again l know nothing about how just this small amount might could be health-adverse.

The rest of the apartment is definitely mold free!

Thanks for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 619 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 09:32 am
Yes, tell maintenance.

Install a bathroom fan and be sure it runs before and after showers.
0 Replies