Can you help... who painted this ?

lemarsu

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:23 am
does any one know who painted this ?
I have seen it somewhere but can't rember where... help!!
http://public.logicacmg.com/~ath/ATH2004/p2e.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,160 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 12:07 pm
I'm curious as to how you came by an image without a description but it looks like it could be an early Braque or even a late Cezanne. It could even be an early Chagall. 'Fraid it's not firmly in my memory to even look up in an art textbook.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
Yeah, my vote is for Braque. The colors and style of break up point in his direction.

Oy vey don't use this forum to cheat on your treasure hunt!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
It's cubistic for sure. Looks familiar (the style that is), but I'm away from my library so I can't look up what I have on cubists.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:57 am
Someone has to say it so Im going for the obvious, Picasso(tho in my defence it doesnt quite have the same feel as Picasso,I just wanted to join in)
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
no, it looks like Braque too much to me...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:43 pm
If it's Braque, I'd try to fix it.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:51 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
If it's Braque, I'd try to fix it.

Huh? Why?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:58 pm
Upun my soul, you are questioning my motives? It isn't a great painting but in its naivety it is stimulating.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:01 pm
(I was just kidding, I do think it is an early Braque but I am wrong sometimes).
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:05 pm
I didn't know if you meant "fix" as in fixative, or "fix" as in have restored, or "fix" as in this painting sucks I'm going to make it better.

But I think it was, jokingly, the third Smile.

LW, I'm smart enough not to directly question the motives of a gallery owner :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:15 pm
I should open another gallery. Retirement sucks.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:59 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I should open another gallery. Retirement sucks.

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you have anything interesting in mind?

My dad plans on investing in stocks and windsurfing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:06 pm
LW, when you open your gallery and I come in with my porfolio and do NOT say that my work is better than that of the artists you are representing, don't believe me. I'll just be taking advantage of what I've learned about you on A2K. I do hope you open another gallery very successfully.
Actually, what you should do is open a "specialty" gallery, calling it A2K and featuring ALL the artists here at Able2Know: Osso, Portal Star, Vivien, Colorific, Stuh, Kayla, Shepaints, LouisH, Joanne, etc.etc. It would certainly be novel. Hey, maybe I should do that, just for the joy of it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:24 pm
You have to open a gallery without any consideration of investment, just a love for the art. Okay, it works out to be a lucrative investment for those who are really dedicated and do not let anything deter them from their goal. Or course, that's the formula for any success. I did get several artists off to a good start so I can feel good about supporting their work. If I did open another gallery, it would be in Laguna Beach and selfishly folr the environment as much as anything else.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:32 pm
Isn't Laguna Beach a high overhead location? L.A. is a growing art center, and many galleries are emerging in areas that seem less expensive--at least based on memory of the place.
0 Replies